Have These Players Met Your Expectations?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Have These Players Met Your Expectations?

Brandon Bolden, Shane Vereen, Steve Ridley - Collectively, above expectations...except mebbe Vereen who is more often injured than on field.

Brandon Lloyd - Met expectations. Works sidelines very well - but sometimes observed stepping out early instead of fighting for extra yard. Doesn't lengthen the field that many fans had hoped - but I did not have that expectation of him.

Steve Gregory - serviceable, but I was hoping for more.

Dont'a Hightower - not sure yet

Alfonso Dennard - not sure yet

Chandler Jones - exceeded expectations only because he's a rookie, and I expect him to have good and bad games.  Pass rush not as good as hoped against better tackles.

Nate Ebner - met expectations as a rookie. Shows heart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Have These Players Met Your Expectations?

I think they all have with the exception of Vereen who's always hurt. Ridleys had 2 or 3 big games over 100 yards. For an undrafted guy Bolden has been good. All of the others have been good but maybe Gregory who's been hurt a lot too. Ebner has a lot to learn but that's not surprising considering how little he's played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brandon Bolden, Shane Vereen, Steve Ridley - Collectively, above expectations...except mebbe Vereen who is more often injured than on field.

Brandon Lloyd - Met expectations. Works sidelines very well - but sometimes observed stepping out early instead of fighting for extra yard. Doesn't lengthen the field that many fans had hoped - but I did not have that expectation of him.

Chandler Jones - exceeded expectations only because he's a rookie, and I expect him to have good and bad games.  Pass rush not as good as hoped against better tackles.

[/QUOTE]

Bolden is undrafted so he's already into bonus points, could be real, real good.

Vereen? Who the hell knows I have seen him what...less than 6 times?

Ridley is gonna be just fine, put a check in that box.

Lloyd was a slow starter but you gotta like what you see lately.

Gregory....looks to be afraid of contact if you ask me, I'll give him a few more games.

Hightower, put 2 checks in that box, that kid is gonna be great.

Dennard, we'll see, very early, give him some time, I like his courage so far.

Jones, see Hightower, Kid is getting held on every play yet he keeps fighting. Get him some help for criss sakes. Crash the middle/end with Jones, Wilfork AND BLITZ A SAFETY

Ebner, Sure...love the kid's heart but at some point he's gotta show he can play football. See above paragraph...he would be the perfect safety blitzer, give em a shot.

I am very pleased with Spikes this year.

I want to see more from Mayo.

Still pizzed over BB treatment of Welker but life goes on.

The D backs are what they are. Perhaps you could talk Dallas into moving Jenkins as they don't care for each other. Otherwise the hand has been dealt.

You must rush the passer better and or bring the blitz or your D backs will continue to struggle.

Oh...and Brady is fine.

Is it Sunday yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bolden - Above expectations - I thought he was going to be a solid back like BJGE but need a year on the PS before getting time. Since he's been the power back usually used to close out games. We missed him against Sea late in the game after he was injured

Ridley - About expectations - He's had a couple really great games and a couple games I bet he wishes he had a DeLorean. He's learning but I expected him to be more consistent, not as good as his best games but not as bad as his worst either

Vereen - well below expectations - I'd hope to see him take over Woodheads role by now but this kid just can't get on the field, disappointing to say the least

Lloyd - About expectations - he had a lot of hype coming into the Pats and I think he's met it all. He might not be the threat some people thought he'd be but he's exactly what the Pats needed. Someone who could make the hardest catches look easy outside the numbers to let Welker get single coverage inside

Gregory - under expectations - I didn't expect a lot from Gregory to begin with but I thought he'd be an average stabilizing force for the secondary. He's a rotational S who just looks out of place at times with a large number of reps. Didn't expect a lot and has shown less

Hightower - met expectations - not looking at the injury he is what I thought he be. Someone who can cover for short times, line up against the edge, and provide random pressure when allowed to rush. Hopefully he's back soon because he should only improve with more time on the field

Dennard - met expectations - This kid had early round 2 talent and he's shown that. He stole the job from Arrington last game and I don't think it will be long before Dennard takes possession of the starting role sending Arrington to a slot CB role. It took some time but this is what a 2nd round CB should look like. A solid #2 CB with low end #1 potential

Jones - exceed expectations - I expected him to be a force but not this year. I thought he was to raw to make nearly the same impact he has played so far. Teams have taken notice and he's still beating them. This kid will be special if the Pats get another rusher to take the heat off of him

Ebner - slightly exceeded expectations - I expected him to play a good role on ST's but didn't think he'd be getting any real reps in the secondary. At times he's looked out of place but the more he spends on the field the more he plays the position well. A perfect example is the Rice pass Wilson blew. Ebner was actually in perfect coverage for his assignment, didn't get sucked in by a double move on the WR on his side and when he saw the ball released he released and went to the ball. He's still has a way to go but he impressed me more then Wilson last game. Not bad for a kid who didn't play the position before

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd pretty much agree with your assessment. Vareen - I've got to say - I'm stunned we are half way through his second year and he never really has seen the field..why draft him? Here's a guy that was picked pretty darn high in the draft and it's not like we didn't have other needs...what's going on there?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Wheres T.Wilson??"

In the same place where I said I saw him based on the college filmwork we got of him a week after the draft:  Always, ALWAYS near the play...but almost Never, making the right play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Bolden - Exceeds by a lot. He has already contributed more that you can expect from an undrafted guy.

Vereen - Nowhere close to expectations... I expected him to actually play in games. He has been injured for something like 14 of the 22 games since being drafted. 

Ridley - Exceeds. I was not sure what we would get from him. I will admit I wanted Ingram in that spot, but so far Ridley looks like the better choice by a lot.

Lloyd - Meets. I never expected to see him "stretch" the field, but he may be one of the best I have ever seen at making catches along the sideline.

Gregory - Does not meet. I thought he would be a leader and make the whole secondary better. Instead it has gotten worse and he cannot stay on the field.

Hightower - Meets, but really we have not seen enough of him to judge.

Dennard - Meh... Not sure. I mean he has not punched anyone or gotten arrested, so that is good, but he has not been on the field enough to really judge. He has potential. 

Jones - Exceeds, and my expectations for him were high. He is already the best pash rusher the Pats have had in years.

Ebner - See Dennard. Has he really been on the field enough in the regular season to make a solid opinion? 

Sections
Shortcuts