Have we misjudged a loyal Pats contributor?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Re: Have we misjudged a loyal Pats contributor?

In response to moskk's comment:

While all of us have a propensity, at times, to misspell words as we rush to get ideas or theories down on paper, what about the isolated blogs that routinely irritate us because the words or letters are routinely transposed?  Does the writer not know how to use spell-check or are his actions unintentional?

The term "dyslexia" is the culprit in some cases and it's a word processing difficulty. A dyslexic can want to type the word BAD and its comes out DAB. To his mind either spelling says BAD. He simply does not recognize the word as misspelt!

We have such a contributor who by his own admission is dyslexic. His contributions, with some patience of mind, can be "spot-on" but the dyslexic words often detract from the content. You all know who the individual is...but rather than berate him for something that can't be helped, put yourself in his shoes....and start to feel what life must be like for him.......

moskk,
    color me shocked, shocked, shocked and impressed by your thread and your post! :)

thoroughly enjoyed your post and had a good chuckle.

these positive vibes and human grace, humility, and just positive regard on a sports discussion board so often filled with antipathy and disrespect.... well it's just a damn good thing. the world is a changin' :) bdc is a changin'

im encouraged and appreciative. 

humbled and appreciative moskk and frankly with all the posts on this thread..

sinking to the lowest common denominator in a society/world that makes it all too easy to be sour, doubtful, distrustful and just plain negaitve is all too easy. it's just plain hard to  do the opposite and if you do, you may be laughed, derided, or maligned. kudos to everyone here. 

(by the way, for levity's sake up to about 67 typos corrected so far in this post :)

mossk, ap, jr, tfb12, more rings 

if this is regarding yours truly (which i suspect but dont want to presume there may not be another) and even if there it is not me, i'm loving seeing humanness in it's most positive incarnation. thanks much for modeling this (grace, humility, self respect and human regard for other than self).

call me crazy, but suddenly i'm having a little more faith in humanity.

cheers and postive vibes to all y'all and the people in yur lives

:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

I have not noticed. It bothers some people more than others.

Some people can read this easily and some it bothers tremedously:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Also some posters will get overly caught up with spelling an grammar in order to validate their argument over others, after all if you can't spell you must be stupid, right? (actually Ithink the opposite has been proven)

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

laughing my @ss off :)

and

re: "Some people can read this easily and some it bothers tremedously"

perceptive.

ciao.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Bru is not so bad

Bdbreu is dyslexic?  Umm, I don't think that is the case.  I focus only on his automatic BB bashing and Brady mediocre or poor postseason play deflection comments, as he follows the other 10-12 people around doing the same thing.

I would never target anyone for a learning disability. I focus only his comments.

I don't think it's a lot to ask for people to discuss in good faith instead of typing 5-8 words in every response, adding nothing to the discussion.

never said brady was mediocre, though i may note if he has a particularly bad play or playoff game.

bb bashing? are you just ignoring when something somene says doesnt support your argument. ive voiced aporoval of all kinds of things every year including for example the dobson pick (one of the three wrs i wanted 2 of) this year, hopeful for collins, boyce and beauharnais, love the the buchannon pick. last year i liked the jones, hightower, bequette, dennard and ebner picks  (jones and hightower were on my short, short list); the grabbing of talib,  moving to press man and increasing the pressure on qbs the past year, etc etc.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I've never noticed such things as I concentrate on the "tone" of the message versus a few mispelled words.  Imagine if we posted here using phones with auto correct and some of the words that would appear??!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

dyslexia is to be supported, understood and not complained about

The only time someone should be attacked for the way they type the english language here is when they type like resident ignorant fool/tool CC/'the lover' who is basically illterate and mentally ill.

Glad to see BDC finally removed him (again) it will be interesting to see what new screen name that 'jabroni' crawls back here on... he is the biggest attention wh0re and one of the most clueless posters I have ever seen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to bredbruu's comment:

In response to moskk's comment:

While all of us have a propensity, at times, to misspell words as we rush to get ideas or theories down on paper, what about the isolated blogs that routinely irritate us because the words or letters are routinely transposed?  Does the writer not know how to use spell-check or are his actions unintentional?

The term "dyslexia" is the culprit in some cases and it's a word processing difficulty. A dyslexic can want to type the word BAD and its comes out DAB. To his mind either spelling says BAD. He simply does not recognize the word as misspelt!

We have such a contributor who by his own admission is dyslexic. His contributions, with some patience of mind, can be "spot-on" but the dyslexic words often detract from the content. You all know who the individual is...but rather than berate him for something that can't be helped, put yourself in his shoes....and start to feel what life must be like for him.......

moskk,
    color me shocked, shocked, shocked and impressed by your thread and your post! :)

thoroughly enjoyed your post and had a good chuckle.

these positive vibes and human grace, humility, and just positive regard on a sports discussion board so often filled with antipathy and disrespect.... well it's just a damn good thing. the world is a changin' :) bdc is a changin'

im encouraged and appreciative. 

humbled and appreciative moskk and frankly with all the posts on this thread..

sinking to the lowest common denominator in a society/world that makes it all too easy to be sour, doubtful, distrustful and just plain negaitve is all too easy. it's just plain hard to  do the opposite and if you do, you may be laughed, derided, or maligned. kudos to everyone here. 

(by the way, for levity's sake up to about 67 typos corrected so far in this post :)

mossk, ap, jr, tfb12, more rings 

if this is regarding yours truly (which i suspect but dont want to presume there may not be another) and even if there it is not me, i'm loving seeing humanness in it's most positive incarnation. thanks much for modeling this (grace, humility, self respect and human regard for other than self).

call me crazy, but suddenly i'm having a little more faith in humanity.

cheers and postive vibes to all y'all and the people in yur lives

:)

Where is the dyslexia here?

I just don't see it.  Reads normally.

Hes most likely putting more effort into it since his dyslexia came to light.

Doesn't he state in his post that he had to correct 67 words already halfway through his post?  If this is the case it must take a lot of time to create each and every one of his posts, and my gosh, if that is the case then bravo to you sir for sharing your thoughts here.  Thank you for not letting that stop you from participating here.  As I mentioned, misspelled words and grammar doesn't bother me here, this is a sports forum for goodness sakes, not an English class.  As long as I am understanding a posters message he is trying to pass on then that's all I care about, which sometimes I don't, but that's could be my fault, not necessarily the posters.

I just want to thank everyone who posts here for your participation and making this a fun place to talk football, and other things, (with exception to politics, this isn't the place for that).  Even the fans of other teams who has made this place their home, you make it fun too, even if we don't always agree with you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

I have not noticed. It bothers some people more than others.

Some people can read this easily and some it bothers tremedously:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Also some posters will get overly caught up with spelling an grammar in order to validate their argument over others, after all if you can't spell you must be stupid, right? (actually Ithink the opposite has been proven)

1 - Very good post.

2 - I had no trouble at all reading that paragraph

3 - No, the opposite has not been proven -- nor is it true.  There is some correlation between poor spelling and being poorly educated.  Stupid implies other things.

4 - You left off the "d" in "and" in the first sentence of your last paragraph. Laughing

5 - I don't know who said poster is.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I guess my point is, I never noticed any dyslexia from him before.

He has mentioned it a number of times previously when people would ask him about or criticize him for constantly misspelling words/reversing letters.  Personally I don't really care and I imagine most people here don't.  Any objections I've had with regard to bredbru's postings has been with the content of his posts and not the suspect spelling.  Not that I disagree with the OP, but as far as I can tell most people here treat him the same way.  Am I missing something?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I guess my point is, I never noticed any dyslexia from him before.

He has mentioned it a number of times previously when people would ask him about or criticize him for constantly misspelling words/reversing letters.  Personally I don't really care and I imagine most people here don't.  Any objections I've had with regard to bredbru's postings has been with the content of his posts and not the suspect spelling.  Not that I disagree with the OP, but as far as I can tell most people here treat him the same way.  Am I missing something?

Agree. Same here. I've never seen anyone confront him on the dyslexia issue  and I've never seen him spell words incorrectly or backwards, etc.

I've always disliked his childish view and unappreciative tone towards Kraft and BB, which is where my issue is with him.

He clearly is very young and never experienced the pre Kraft era like some of us did. This is like a dream for any Pats over 30.

yeah nothing like a youngster trying to think he's been around the block talking to someone older than him about anything

(hint hint)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

dyslexia is to be supported, understood and not complained about

The only time someone should be attacked for the way they type the english language here is when they type like resident ignorant fool/tool CC/'the lover' who is basically illterate and mentally ill.

Glad to see BDC finally removed him (again) it will be interesting to see what new screen name that 'jabroni' crawls back here on... he is the biggest attention wh0re and one of the most clueless posters I have ever seen.

1) Leave it to you to turn a supportive thread about a poster's reading disorder into an excuse to bash the Contrarian

2) Like I told you once before, you're in no position to lecture anyone about the English language. You can hardly get through a single post without making half a dozen usage errors yourself

3) The old Harbrace College Handbook is available on amazon. Do yourself a favor and order a copy. You need one

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

If you're offended, there's always the ignore option.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Awww, hug it out guys.  It'll be o.k.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

Awww, hug it out guys.  It'll be o.k.  

hey dave...missed you

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I simply can't believe they deleted my post. Time for a LONG self analysis session mods.

Between the village imbecile and the people in charge, this place do suck.

21. This post has been removed.