Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet?

The Steelers are struggling and Tomlin talks like there are going to be major changes before the end of the season. Do you guys think BB does the same thing?

We've seen things like benching players (Galloway, Thomas, Brace, Springs, etc.), starting Butler over Wilhite, giving Chung more playing time than Sanders, and sending players home for being late to practice.

So, does Belichick do something more radical than these moves? Or does he wait until next year to really shake things up?

For example, does Sea Bass get a start over a healthy Light or Kaczur?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet?

The Steelers have lost what 4 in a row?  The Pats have looked very average recently, dont get me wrong, but the Steelers are in full fledged meltdown right now.  Unless the team SERIOUSLY starts to fall apart I don't see BB doing anything big.  Every week there are roster tweaks and maybe we'll see a bit more of that, but i'd be shocked if there were multiple big name roster shakeups.  And Vollmer starting over Light wouldn't exactly be "radical" or "bold" imo, it would be smart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

No, I don't think anything radical will happen until the offseason, if it happens at all.  If we were out of playoff contention I would have said yes. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It's a balancing act.  We still control our own playoff destiny.  You can't lose the players your going to need to get to and win in the payoff's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I bet the four truants will not start, but instead come in on the second series or second quarter. Just a guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet?:
    [QUOTE]The Steelers are struggling and Tomlin talks like there are going to be major changes before the end of the season. Do you guys think BB does the same thing? We've seen things like benching players (Galloway, Thomas, Brace, Springs, etc.), starting Butler over Wilhite, giving Chung more playing time than Sanders, and sending players home for being late to practice. So, does Belichick do something more radical than these moves? Or does he wait until next year to really shake things up? For example, does Sea Bass get a start over a healthy Light or Kaczur? Thoughts?
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go on the limb here.  BB's "bold" moves; like going on 4-and-something, and the benchings are going to blow up in his face......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I say he cuts Burgess and brings back 'Sweet' Willie 'McGilly', what could it hurt? 
    Would that count as a "bold move"?

If you didn't know Willie, Bruschi, and Law were my three favorite Pats from the championship years-- ofcourse counting Tom. We never really replaced 'Sweet' Willie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet?:
    [QUOTE]I say he cuts Burgess and brings back 'Sweet' Willie 'McGilly', what could it hurt?  Would that count as a "bold move"? If you didn't know Willie, Bruschi, and Law were my three favorite Pats from the championship years-- ofcourse counting Tom. We never really replaced 'Sweet' Willie.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    Ty Law's play in 2003 has to be one of the most dominating years by a cornerback since primetime. Still bummed about how his tenure ended, but he's one of my all time favorite pats, and he can still play at a pretty competitive level

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

A few months back I posted in a Seymour thread about the possibility BB is doing a little house cleaning; trying to take back the locker room.  Hobbs mentioned guys dogging it after he left.  We will not see Thomas back next year.  He might be one of the remaining "dogging it" guys.  I never figured Burgess was anything more than a 1-year deal and the guy rots.  I could care less about him.

Strong personalities in the locker room are great, but only if they are strong in a good way.  More house cleaning will come in the offseason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]A few months back I posted in a Seymour thread about the possibility BB is doing a little house cleaning; trying to take back the locker room.  Hobbs mentioned guys dogging it after he left.  We will not see Thomas back next year.  He might be one of the remaining "dogging it" guys.  I never figured Burgess was anything more than a 1-year deal and the guy rots.  I could care less about him. Strong personalities in the locker room are great, but only if they are strong in a good way.  More house cleaning will come in the offseason.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I agreed with you then and I agree with you now.

Say what you want about Asante Samuel, but he QUIT ON THE DAVID TYREE CATCH.  He also quit in the Eagles' game against the Chargers this year.

I'm sure he's not the only one.  What's tough is that the ones who are talented and try are usually superstars signed with other teams.

And if you think Peppers is the answer, remember that he quit a couple years ago, too.  2 sacks.  Wasn't hurt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet? : I agreed with you then and I agree with you now. Say what you want about Asante Samuel, but he QUIT ON THE DAVID TYREE CATCH.  He also quit in the Eagles' game against the Chargers this year. I'm sure he's not the only one.  What's tough is that the ones who are talented and try are usually superstars signed with other teams. And if you think Peppers is the answer, remember that he quit a couple years ago, too.  2 sacks.  Wasn't hurt.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Not sure if he quit on the Tyree catch but according to Rodney Harrison, he left his guy to go and try to pick off a pass elsewhere...which he may have dropped given the opportunity he had on the previous drive.

Such painful memories...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet? : I agreed with you then and I agree with you now. Say what you want about Asante Samuel, but he QUIT ON THE DAVID TYREE CATCH.  He also quit in the Eagles' game against the Chargers this year. I'm sure he's not the only one.  What's tough is that the ones who are talented and try are usually superstars signed with other teams. And if you think Peppers is the answer, remember that he quit a couple years ago, too.  2 sacks.  Wasn't hurt.
    Posted by NickC1188

You will never hear me ask for Peppers.  I believe the percentage of big name free agents who live up to their contract is so small, you should never do it.  A few do, but the vast majority do not.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

In Response to Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet?:
    The Steelers are struggling and Tomlin talks like there are going to be major changes before the end of the season. Do you guys think BB does the same thing? We've seen things like benching players (Galloway, Thomas, Brace, Springs, etc.), starting Butler over Wilhite, giving Chung more playing time than Sanders, and sending players home for being late to practice. So, does Belichick do something more radical than these moves? Or does he wait until next year to really shake things up? For example, does Sea Bass get a start over a healthy Light or Kaczur? Thoughts?
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan
    sea bass over light would be a great safe place to start. its not even close when u watch how brady is protected with voll as compared to light. guys are 10 yards away from the line and brady with vollmer. with light, everyone becomes an octopus around TB. we must start benching guys!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In Response to Re: Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet? : I agreed with you then and I agree with you now. Say what you want about Asante Samuel, but he QUIT ON THE DAVID TYREE CATCH.  He also quit in the Eagles' game against the Chargers this year. I'm sure he's not the only one.  What's tough is that the ones who are talented and try are usually superstars signed with other teams. And if you think Peppers is the answer, remember that he quit a couple years ago, too.  2 sacks.  Wasn't hurt.
    Posted by NickC1188

I thought it was Harrison that defended Tyree.  Venis DeMilo Samuel could have won the superbowl if he held onto the ball that hit him in the numbers. Shame he has no hands.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

So, here's my question.  What's more of a gamble, a high 1st round draft pick or signing a hyped free agent?  BB seems to shy away from the former but has been burned by the latter.  How much research can you do?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

So, here's my question.  What's more of a gamble, a high 1st round draft pick or signing a hyped free agent?  BB seems to shy away from the former but has been burned by the latter.  How much research can you do?
    Posted by southernpat

I'd think that presently with no rookie salary structure you would find more risk with the rookie. You dump a lot of your cap hoping for results. Belichick took the 2011 pick from Oakland in anticipation that there would be a rookie scale which makes the pick lower risk then what it is now. Look at players like Robert Gallery, Jemarcus Russell, Vince Young, Vernon Gholdston ect. Thats a lot more risk then paying Peppers the same coin to play for us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have we seen Belichick's boldest move yet? : I agreed with you then and I agree with you now. Say what you want about Asante Samuel, but he QUIT ON THE DAVID TYREE CATCH.  He also quit in the Eagles' game against the Chargers this year. I'm sure he's not the only one.  What's tough is that the ones who are talented and try are usually superstars signed with other teams. And if you think Peppers is the answer, remember that he quit a couple years ago, too.  2 sacks.  Wasn't hurt.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

You can say that ABOUT THE WHOLE TEAM!!!

Sections
Shortcuts