Haven't heard much about Toby Gerhart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Haven't heard much about Toby Gerhart

What's the deal with Toby Gerhart? I now he tested much better than expected @ the combine. Where are they predicting he falls in the draft? I'd love to see this bruiser in a Pats uni......

I read some reports that had the Steelers in love with him, but that was all i really saw...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Haven't heard much about Toby Gerhart

He's projected as a 2nd rounder, he worked out for a number of teams including the Patriots.  I'm also a fan of his, I think he will be a great pick at 44 or 47 but not sure the Patriots will take a back early.  Since 1999 they have drafted 2 backs in the top 2 rounds, Faulk 2nd rnd and LM 1st rnd.  Other than those 2 every other RB has been via trade, late rounds or UDFAs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

White men Can't run?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-gerhartstereotype042010

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

He may well still be around for our 4th round pick.  If we pass on this position, I think we wd grab him here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't think he looks fluid at all out of the backfield, but he could be a workhorse back.

I'd much prefer Jahvid Best, who's rated as a much better pass-catcher out of the backfield.

If the Pats do take Gerhart, I'm hoping they would be doing so under the pretense that he's a DUAL THREAT runningback because I think one of the Patriots' biggest problems is the fact that they make substitutions that broadcast which set of plays they're going to run (Maroney - downhill run or play action with 3wr & 1te; Faulk - spread offense, shotgun with draw plays but mostly passes)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

I'd love for us to get him, he's a beast, doesn't have the sexy speed or cuts, but he's tough, decisive, durable, smart. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The Pats need a bruising running back like Gerhart. He seems very tough and shows heart in his runs. As of now they don't have a back like this and I think it would help tremendously. Our running game isn't anything to be too afraid of and this guy could knock some bodies around and tire out the opposing defense. I'd be happy if the Pats pick him with their last 2nd round pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They won't draft him. I don't know why people love this guy so much, but he'll only be a FB in the NFL. He's the Tebow of the RB corps. 

I would rather go after Ben Tate.