Hay! BDC, give us some sign this is not it!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Hay! BDC, give us some sign this is not it!!!

Not one change since day one...can't even unpin the Giants thread to let us know you are there...if any thing the site is down graded since day one with crashes and shut downs, with NO explanations...I mean throw us a bone to know whats going on...have you given up.....Some of us are about to...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Hay! BDC, give us some sign this is not it!!!

Sad news friend, I spoke with 2 farmers today. They said they saw an eagle flying overhead with a serpent in its talons. An obvious sign of the end.

Or were you talking about the forum?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Sad news friend, I spoke with 2 farmers today. They said they saw an eagle flying overhead with a serpent in its talons. An obvious sign of the end.

Or were you talking about the forum?

Not to worry there are still 99 more days till the end....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The series of events:

The contract is running out with whoever hosted/maintained the old board.

Negotiations with the vendor break down.

Senior Management decides 'this is simple, something a couple of college kids could handle'.

Here we are...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

strike through feature?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK, strike through feature.  Got it.  What else can we expect?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

OK, strike through feature.  Got it.  What else can we expect?

Thats probably about it. I fear the forum will be like this for awhile. I miss ignore alot but then again not many people are here to ignore now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

HOPEFUL SIGNS :

I got directly onto the sight from my bookmark just now  -

and I also didnt have to log in ( first time in awhile )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought they said they farmed the work out. Boy I'd be all over my vendor if it was me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

no log in each time--that's a step in the right direction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's the clumsiest board ever.  Navigation is now bizarro-world, dead-links aplenty, and apparently no longer even managed.

Guess Baskin Robbins was hiring again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Just like I said in the other thread about this board.....it's FREE. How much service are you guys really expecting from something that generates ZERO REVENUE for BDC? It's kind of obvious that this board is quite low on the priority list....being that's it's free, who can blame them?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Just like I said in the other thread about this board.....it's FREE. How much service are you guys really expecting from something that generates ZERO REVENUE for BDC? It's kind of obvious that this board is quite low on the priority list....being that's it's free, who can blame them?

Yeah, it's not that.  The board has always been free.  They've changed it for the worse every year I've been on it, and that's '04.  In '06 they reset their boards.

We're not complaining that it's free...we're complaining that BDC is leaving it in the dust precisely because it is free. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Free? Did you think people were going to pay to post on a football forum?

You can make your own for free better than this one.

http://patsfanforum.proboards.com/index.cgi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ahh first off it does make revenue for BDC. You know those funny ad looking things that keep appearing all over the website? Well everytime you turn or update a page it gets a hit. The amount of hits received means greater revenue for BDC. As for the free part, well it was free before and better. I'm not sure many expected upgrades but how do you downgrade when you weren't charging for it to begin with?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Ahh first off it does make revenue for BDC. You know those funny ad looking things that keep appearing all over the website? Well everytime you turn or update a page it gets a hit. The amount of hits received means greater revenue for BDC. As for the free part, well it was free before and better. I'm not sure many expected upgrades but how do you downgrade when you weren't charging for it to begin with?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think this forum is the busiest on BDC so you would think they would take care of it since it make them so much money

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:

Im wit you Bro! This new format is a hoover vacum!

Rusty is on his 19th account. He is gonna be here going back n' forth with himself soon... oh wait, hes been doing that already right?

Hahaha! I know! This place was supposed to get rid of Rusty - instead it got rid of every feature that made it good. Can't make this stuff up...it's headed towards a Rusty wasteland.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Just like I said in the other thread about this board.....it's FREE. How much service are you guys really expecting from something that generates ZERO REVENUE for BDC?

I am buying tons of stuff from the ad links on this site.

just kidding

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They said that they would be working on it for a few weeks but it doesn't look like they've done anything for a while. Dottie said they would have all of the features back again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Guys, I'm (not) defending BDC. The point I was trying to make is that I just don't think this message board is a big priority for them. I've been here since 05 myself, and agree the features used to be better.....just not holding my breath that they give a crap.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Guys, I'm (not) defending BDC. The point I was trying to make is that I just don't think this message board is a big priority for them. I've been here since 05 myself, and agree the features used to be better.....just not holding my breath that they give a crap.

You're absolutely right, they don't care about us, but they should. Before I was a member on this board I would come here daily to get the latest scoop on this team because it was the easiest thing for me to do as a fan. I would just come here rather than go to profootball talk or google anything...members had it first. Lord knows I didn't come here to read the Globe's articles on the team or rely on them for the latest scoop, because they never had it. It was the board that gave me the best opinions and stories on the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Anybody know a good open source software package for forums or discussion boards?

Hosting is cheap.  I'll host it.  Rotate the moderator responsibilities amongst a few of the guys here. 

Just say no to the New York Times.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

Anybody know a good open source software package for forums or discussion boards?

Hosting is cheap.  I'll host it.  Rotate the moderator responsibilities amongst a few of the guys here. 

Just say no to the New York Times.

These things are free, already feature laden... I made one some years ago... check it out and just go to the source site and make one if you like.

http://patsfanforum.proboards.com/index.cgi

Sections
Shortcuts