Haynesworth a possibility for pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Haynesworth a possibility for pats?

No, reports are how he going after coaches and even players.  trying to get rid off AD why bring another one in at a higher price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

very unlikely. if you look at the few outside of the organization players that have been brought in this year, they are all considered very high character guys (crumpler, lewis). i think this is a trend we will continue to see for awhile. haynesworth doesnt fit into that. plus, i think he wants to play in a 4-3. 

anyway kraft has made it very clear that character and chemistry are very important to him and thats why we wont be seeing guys like haynesworth, marshall, dez bryant, mike williams, mershawn lynch, and other talented players who could help on the field but cause problems off of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The D-line is pertty much set.....maybe add a rookie....

If we were to trade for him, I wouldn't do it for more than a 2nd round pick.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Why?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the d line is not set at all. there is a massive, gaping hole on the right side that used to be filled by a guy named seymour. but it wont be filled by haynesworth. most likely a 1st or 2nd round pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth a possibility for pats?:
    the d line is not set at all. there is a massive, gaping hole on the right side that used to be filled by a guy named seymour. but it wont be filled by haynesworth. most likely a 1st or 2nd round pick.
    Posted by artielang

Sure it is set....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

ok, who is the 3 down starter on the right side?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

ok, who is the 3 down starter on the right side?
    Posted by artielang

Mike Wright(3) and Damione Lewis(1 and 2)....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

why? thatd be uterley useless... hes HAYNESWORTHLESS, and hed expect a big fat contract... thered be nooo upside

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Well, everybody saying "no way, no how" don't be crying if the Jets pick him up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

why would any1 cry? it wuld destroy the jets even more, it would ruin there cap and theyd ruin there cap in a year.... muzwell just s-t--f-U

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haynesworth a possibility for pats? : Mike Wright(3) and Damione Lewis(1 and 2)....
    Posted by m1021us[/QUOTE]

thats not a starter, thats trying to play two back ups in a starting role. didnt work too well last year, did it? besides if thats the way it plays out, you have the downs opposite. wright would play on first and second as a run stuffer and lewis would play on third as a pass rusher. but anyway that would be a bad situation. those guys need to be back-ups. we need a real starter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haynesworth a possibility for pats? : thats not a starter, thats trying to play two back ups in a starting role. didnt work too well last year, did it? besides if thats the way it plays out, you have the downs opposite. wright would play on first and second as a run stuffer and lewis would play on third as a pass rusher. but anyway that would be a bad situation. those guys need to be back-ups. we need a real starter.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

Uh, D Lewis is a run stuffer....and the d-line wasn't bad last year....we have the problem with the linebackers.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]why would any1 cry? it wuld destroy the jets even more, it would ruin there cap and theyd ruin there cap in a year.... muzwell just s-t--f-U
    Posted by TateGroup[/QUOTE]

Anything for you Tate buddy.  But you did read the article right?  3 years, $16 million with $9 million guaranteed is not going to ruin anybody's cap.  That's small change for a player like Haynesworth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm sure the NE FO will examine the below questions and make their decision accordingly:

*Outside of salary what will he cost in supplemental money/draft pick/player compensation? 

Does he want to play in a 3-4?  Where does he fit schematically?

*How big of a team/locker room cancer is he?  Is he a good fit for this football team/organization?

Personally, I'd be suprised if he ends up in NE but there is no denying his talent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haynesworth a possibility for pats? : Uh, D Lewis is a run stuffer....and the d-line wasn't bad last year....we have the problem with the linebackers.....
    Posted by m1021us[/QUOTE]

no question the OLB's were bad, but there is still a glaring need on the d line. as for lewis, get your facts straight!

here is a quote from tom curran:
    "Darrin Gantt, a writer for the Charlotte Observer whose football knowledge I respect, said of Lewis, "He's the kind of guy the Pats seem to have made hay signing in the last few years. He's a very good inside rusher on third down. That's the thing he can do. He's not a big 'hold up against the run' guy. You don't want him to play 55 or 60 percent of the snaps. The people who used him situationally got good results out of him."

and here is a quote from the herald:
    "The way it appears, he will likely be utilized in the same manner as Green, who was an interior pass rushing threat."
    and from mike reiss:
    "Lewis still has something to offer, and assuming he makes the team, my sense is that his primary value will come as an interior rusher in obvious passing situations. The Patriots’ pass rush was inconsistent in 2009. Lewis is another possibility to help the team in that area."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoBS14. Show NoBS14's posts

mattadlard ....why even post such a foolish question? Have you been following football and Albert Haynesworth in the news over the last few years?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

To play devils advocate here, Lewis only 0.5 sacks last year. 0.5. That's not a player you sub in on third down to get pressure. Wright had 5 sacks last year, so I think he's a better pass rusher. Also, Wright is awful against the run so no way he's a full timer on downs 1 and 2.

I think you're missing the fact that Lewis played in penetrating 4-3 D's. It's tough to say if he'll be a good run stopper as a 3-4 end. I'm with you in that I still see an obvious hole in Seymours old spot. They'll hopefully address that in the draft. I think anyone who say's there all set with a Lewis/Wright combo is hoping for average at best. I'm hoping they pick up Alualu based on how he throws O-lineman around.

In Response to Re: Haynesworth a possibility for pats? : no question the OLB's were bad, but there is still a glaring need on the d line. as for lewis, get your facts straight! here is a quote from tom curran: " Darrin Gantt, a writer for the Charlotte Observer whose football knowledge I respect, said of Lewis, "He's the kind of guy the Pats seem to have made hay signing in the last few years. He's a very good inside rusher on third down. That's the thing he can do. He's not a big 'hold up against the run' guy. You don't want him to play 55 or 60 percent of the snaps. The people who used him situationally got good results out of him." and here is a quote from the herald: "The way it appears, he will likely be utilized in the same manner as Green, who was an interior pass rushing threat." and from mike reiss: " Lewis still has something to offer, and assuming he makes the team, my sense is that his primary value will come as an interior rusher in obvious passing situations. The Patriots’ pass rush was inconsistent in 2009. Lewis is another possibility to help the team in that area."
    Posted by artielang

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Seriously again m1021us , how many times are you going to make a fool of yourself. Glad atrie set you straight on Lewis. And You really think Wright can hold up and play the 5 tech for a full 16? Cmon man get a clue.
     And as for Haynesworth...ALL SET. Listen Im actually a fan of sorts for what he brings to table in terms of a skill set , but no way do I want him on this team. And the loser that started this thread should be kidnapped and sold on the mexican border for asjing such a stupid q's. You said , " Salary is really low for sucj an impact player". Are you kidding me? The guy plays 50% of time , complains when the team wants to switch to a 3-4 and was given 40 million guar. You m1021us , MBEAU , 49PATS , and the rest of the jock sniffers need to traded for a hotdog and a bus pass. Get a clue!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

He is a NWA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

NO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth a possibility for pats? : no question the OLB's were bad, but there is still a glaring need on the d line. as for lewis, get your facts straight! here is a quote from tom curran: " Darrin Gantt, a writer for the Charlotte Observer whose football knowledge I respect, said of Lewis, "He's the kind of guy the Pats seem to have made hay signing in the last few years. He's a very good inside rusher on third down. That's the thing he can do. He's not a big 'hold up against the run' guy. You don't want him to play 55 or 60 percent of the snaps. The people who used him situationally got good results out of him." and here is a quote from the herald: "The way it appears, he will likely be utilized in the same manner as Green, who was an interior pass rushing threat." and from mike reiss: " Lewis still has something to offer, and assuming he makes the team, my sense is that his primary value will come as an interior rusher in obvious passing situations. The Patriots’ pass rush was inconsistent in 2009. Lewis is another possibility to help the team in that area."
    Posted by artielang

Dude, get your facts straight......From ESPN:

Player News (last updated: April 2, 2010)
    News: Lewis signed with the Patriots on Friday, the Rock Hill Herald reports.
    Spin: He'll be moving into a 3-4 scheme with the Pats, but Lewis figures to help shut down the run by replacing Jarvis Green (Denver) and clogging up the middle of the defense. New England's struggles against the run in the playoffs ultimately led to a home loss in the opening round against Baltimore, who gashed the Pats' defense for 234 yards (4.5 YPC) and four touchdowns.

I guess all this proves is that nobody really knows.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Big Al missed 4 gms last yr due to injuries and in the 12 he played, he was ineffective. He has "informed" the Redskins FO and HC Shanahan that he only wants to play NT. Big Al is a disruptive clubhouse guy and let the NY Jokes sign him, he'll fit right in w/the circus of malcontents they've assembled. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The thing I ask is why is Washington so in a rush to get rid of him?   There has to be a reason.  I would prefer the Patriots continue on their current path.  Build through the draft, fill the holes with mid-level Free agents, and get the most they can out of what  they have.  This is how they have been successful.  Look at the big signing they had a couple of years ago.  Has Thomas worked out?  NO!!!
    everyone was chomping at the bit last year to get Burgess.  How did that work out?  Time for the Patriots to go back to what they do best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Definitely, the Pats need Haynesworth no matter what the price, even if he has bad character, doesn't try hard when it's not a contract year, hates the 3-4 and is a malcontent.  Look at this simple formula I've created to help figure out which free agents the Pats need:

Was player X on the Pats last year?  Did the Pats win the Super Bowl last year?
    Therefore adding player X means the Pats will win the Super Bowl.

Sections
Shortcuts