Haynesworth CUT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Haynesworth CUT

1 down, 1 to go...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Haynesworth CUT

LMAO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT:
    LMAO!
    Posted by UD6

Good for belichick.  As I apparently correctly noted, this guy was not playing well and likely was a bad locker room presence. 

Guess Belichick's not smarter than Shanahan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : Good for belichick.  As I apparently correctly noted, this guy was not playing well and likely was a bad locker room presence.  Guess Belichick's not smarter than Shanahan.
    Posted by UD6

Shanahan inherited him, so that would be different anyway.  Did you enjoy your cheap shot at Belichick?  I bet you did.  Because you are cheap at heart.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

What a steaming pile of DUNG. I hope he never plays another down in the NFL. Remember when character mattered!!! Goodbye and good riddance! Addition by subtraction and I was rooting for him to suceed...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bikerfiddler. Show bikerfiddler's posts

In his first 3 games with the Bucs 4 solo tackles in #1, 5 solo tackles in #3

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : He's smarter than Polian
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Not as it relates to this player, and its arguable as it relates to anything else.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Belichick isn't smarter than Polian? Answer this UD: which one developed a legitimate backup QB: Polian or Bellichick? Even your man Dungheap last night admitted the Colots were dumb to have not developed a legit alternative to Horseface.

Are you suggesting that the fact that little Bill had Matt Cassel, that makes him better than Polian?  There are plenty of reason why this may be true, this is not one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

66 - As I said, the rest is arguable, but as it relates to Haynesworth, Polian was smarter.  He didn't waste the team's time or money on the guy.  I guess you agree because you didn't argue the point, probably because you couldn't. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

66 - As I said, the rest is arguable, but as it relates to Haynesworth, Polian was smarter.  He didn't waste the team's time or money on the guy.  I guess you agree because you didn't argue the point, probably because you couldn't. 
    Posted by UD6

Polian smarter re: Haynesworth? Gee, I don't recall the Dolts needing any help on the D LIne. Guess I must have missed that apparent and open need, and that Feeney is now a slouch. Here all along I'm thinking that a team drafts and signs FA's to "need".

But, in any case, enjoy your submarine season:

"Dive!! Dive!! All Dive!!!! Level off at DFL!!!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Posted by UD6

I believe we got Hanes for a quarter of the price that Collins cost the colts.

Add in the 90 mil to Gomer, the roster spot for an entire season and the fact
    that he has crippled the colts for years to come.

0-16, how many more years of this? 2-4 I would guess.

Isnt it annoying that he still tells the fans he wants to come back?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : He certainly wasted the team's money on Horseface this year...

And.......The fossilized Qb who lasted, a game.  LOL, $4m a game.  Does that make him the highest paid QB ever?  The Colts said they were going to make their QB the highest paid ever.  Too bad they weren't talking about Pay a ton.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : And.......The fossilized Qb who lasted, a game.  LOL, $4m a game.  Does that make him the highest paid QB ever?  The Colts said they were going to make their QB the highest paid ever.  Too bad they weren't talking about Pay a ton.
    Posted by pezz4pats

Congrats to the colts the have the highest paid retired qb in the league!!!!

Great management!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : He certainly wasted the team's money on Horseface this year...

There you go again.  Lets start with Haynesworth and admit that Polian was smarter than Belichick where Haynesworth is concerned.  If you wish to have further discussion beyond that, so be it.  But lets not go any further than the discussion you started based on Haynesworth. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : I believe we got Hanes for a quarter of the price that Collins cost the colts. Add in the 90 mil to Gomer, the roster spot for an entire season and the fact that he has crippled the colts for years to come. 0-16, how many more years of this? 2-4 I would guess. Isnt it annoying that he still tells the fans he wants to come back?
    Posted by MoreRings

Again, we are talking haynesworth.  Even at a fraction of his original price, he took up time and money. 

On a completely different subject, Collins was a move that I now understand and accept.  You can play the hindsight game on Manning all you like, but neither the colts nor Manning expected him to need the most recent surgery.  Further, the vast majority of that contract can be voided if the colts decide to let him go before a pre-determined date (I believe next March).  

You guys can jump down my throat all you like about my comments, but as it relates to Haynesworth, the colts didn't make jump for a guy that now has not worked out for 2 teams with excellent and successful coaches.  

As I said, Haynesworth fits the colts system, but they didn't want the headache.  They were smarter than the pats in not pursuing him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : And.......The fossilized Qb who lasted, a game.  LOL, $4m a game.  Does that make him the highest paid QB ever?  The Colts said they were going to make their QB the highest paid ever.  Too bad they weren't talking about Pay a ton.
    Posted by pezz4pats

He lasted 3.  As stated many times before, the colts tried to pick up Hasselbeck, but couldn't.  Looked for other options and felt Collins was the best given his knowledge of the colts having played in Tennessee, knowledge of the coach, having been coached by him at Penn State, and the GM, having been drafted by him at Carolina. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : He lasted 3.  As stated many times before, the colts tried to pick up Hasselbeck, but couldn't.  Looked for other options and felt Collins was the best given his knowledge of the colts having played in Tennessee, knowledge of the coach, having been coached by him at Penn State, and the GM, having been drafted by him at Carolina. 
    Posted by UD6

How did that work out???

How much did the Dolts pay him?

Dont worry Gomer will be back next year to lead the colts back to the top!!!

LOL LOL!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : Again, we are talking haynesworth.  Even at a fraction of his original price, he took up time and money.  On a completely different subject, Collins was a move that I now understand and accept.  You can play the hindsight game on Manning all you like, but neither the colts nor Manning expected him to need the most recent surgery.  Further, the vast majority of that contract can be voided if the colts decide to let him go before a pre-determined date (I believe next March).   You guys can jump down my throat all you like about my comments, but as it relates to Haynesworth, the colts didn't make jump for a guy that now has not worked out for 2 teams with excellent and successful coaches.   As I said, Haynesworth fits the colts system, but they didn't want the headache.  They were smarter than the pats in not pursuing him. 
    Posted by UD6

Ok, lets say the Colts did get him and he was on his best behavior and played well.

What would the Colts record be????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : Ok, lets say the Colts did get him and he was on his best behavior and played well. What would the Colts record be????
    Posted by MoreRings

Rings, why would we ever assume that Haynesworth would be on his best behavior and play well?  Isn't that the point?  One or both are exactly the reasons why he didn't work out in Washington and New England under the tutelage of two great coaches.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : There you go again.  Lets start with Haynesworth and admit that Polian was smarter than Belichick where Haynesworth is concerned.  If you wish to have further discussion beyond that, so be it.  But lets not go any further than the discussion you started based on Haynesworth. 
    Posted by UD6

Belichick knew EXACTLY what he was getting in Haynesworth. He had 2 guys starting the year on the disabled list and needed a body to fill the spot. It cost the team very little money (comparable to what many DL make), and if AH had come in and actually performed, it was a big win for the Pats. BB gave him 6
    weeks to show his true colors, saw it was not going to work, and then released him when Brace and Pryor came off the DL. Polian would have kept him around for three years (like Bob Sanders), hoping...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth CUT : There you go again.  Lets start with Haynesworth and admit that Polian was smarter than Belichick where Haynesworth is concerned.  If you wish to have further discussion beyond that, so be it.  But lets not go any further than the discussion you started based on Haynesworth. 
    Posted by UD6

Oh, C'mon sweetie, we all know that Polian didn't go after AH because he's not related to him or married to someone who is.  He's rather get guys like AJ Foyt IV, as a scout, than spend money on someone that might help them win and jeopardize his LUCKY chances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

It cost Belichick time and money - two things that I am willing to bet he wishes he had back. 

As for Sanders, you don't cut a DPOY after an ACL.  You don't cut a DPOY who has a freak biceps tear, but you do after he does it to his other biceps. 

Bob Sanders is a completely different guy than Haynesworth.  He's got a positive character, and don't tell me that Belichick has kept a couple of valued guys around who've been injured the couple of years (Kevin Faulk, Leigh Bodden).  I am sure there are other, but none as high profile as Sanders, because none were as good.    

Sections
Shortcuts