Haynesworth is READY!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Haynesworth is READY!

Let the Sleeping Giant awaken!!!  I love it!  He just totally put himself out there on the line with that comment. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

His positive attitude is a great start from him.  Physically, I'm betting he's still out of shape. I'm hoping BB doesn't push him to hard at the begining, keeping him healthy for a whole year - and having him peak by playoff time :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

i don't care what he says as long as he wants to play.  he hated washington and had a bad attitude there, its over with. Imo, haynsworth is on a team and locker room in which he will thrive. he respects his teammates and coaches, and that goes a long way as to the effort and attitude he will put forth. he has clearly shown what kind of player and how he can impact a game when he wants to.

this is going to be a completely different defense from what we have seen in a while. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He supposedly loves the system and how BB intends to use him, plus he has a chip on his shoulder after performing poorly in DC and being ripped by guys like Shaugnessey.  That and some performance incentives in his contract should be plenty of motivation.  If he can't turn it on and dominate for at least this one year, there is definitely something wrong with the guy.   His back is against the wall and he's fighting for his football life. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth is READY!:
    [QUOTE]Looks more like his mouth is ready. Guy hasnt done a thing yet.
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]

STFUP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hope he stays healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This will be the first every down game changer we've had along the defensive line since Seymour left, not only do I expect him to crush the pocket on nickel downs but I think a 3/4 with him and Brace at end will negate just about any running game.  

Brace reminds me most of a young Ty Warren, we have 2 D tackles sitting on PUP for depth (including Deadrick) and I believe Gerrard Warren will be re-signed if needed which is a good feeling.  We'll truly find out soon enough if Belichick or all the "draft gurus" were right about the Pats desperate need for an Outside Linebacker in the draft, he seemed to think we needed D Line help or else he wouldn't have invited 22 to camp.  

Take away Andre Carter's sacks and we still have the same LB's playing outside, how much do you want to bet their sack totals jump now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Haynesworth and Wilfork will be dinning at the QB buffet Monday night in Miami!  Better hide the women and children, it's not going to be a pretty sight for the Dolphin faithful!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah we're on the same page here Wozzy. I really think BB's goal was to build around the d-line. Last year the guys were too young and too many injuries. With a GIANT and deep D-line like we have now, we can give QB's lots of different looks. Just like the old days!

After we picked up Haynsworth I said he could be the 2nd most important trade in the Belichick era. Barring injury I really believe that.

Defense wins championships, Rodney Harrison told me so!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah we're on the same page here Wozzy. I really think BB's goal was to build around the d-line. Last year the guys were too young and too many injuries. With a GIANT and deep D-line like we have now, we can give QB's lots of different looks. Just like the old days! After we picked up Haynsworth I said he could be the 2nd most important trade in the Belichick era. Barring injury I really believe that. Defense wins championships, Rodney Harrison told me so!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to buy a Cunningham jersey...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Could be a good call, I'm leaning toward a Chung jersey right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haynesworth is READY! : Be prepared to buy a Cunningham jersey...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that? What do you see in Cunningham? I know last year, much wasn't expected from him but he forced some pressure and some hurries, most notably the one on Manning to ice that game. I hear people around hear bashing him but you see something else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

cut and paste;

Cunningham played as a rookie at a position very difficult to master, one that BB usually entrusts to vets. He wasn't drafted 4th overall, he doesn't have to be Willie McGinest, he doesn't have to be Dunlap for that matter.  

I don't know if he'll be a better sacker than Dunlap but he's the better Outside Linebacker, Dunlap is strictly a 4/3 end, Cunningham had one of the best shuttle times at his position at the combine, another BB trait values which made him a solid tackler in the open field.  

I hope he makes the jump this season but that's in his heart, how do you measure that?  

I know he started at OLB/End with the first team on opening day and in every preseason game he was healthy and he looked good, that's enough for me...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

let's not forget about shaun ellis and andre carter, especially ellis. the NE dline on paper is very very scary.