Haynesworth thought

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Haynesworth thought

Chris, Newburyport, MA

Do you think the PATS could afford Haynesworth? Would be real nice to have him and Wilfork stuffing the middle.. for only one of their 2nd rd choices!

Pat Kirwan, NFL.Com
    Chris, Bill Belichick hass always put a premium on big defensive linemen and he's lost a few in the last years, including Richard Seymour and Jarvis Green. Bill has never been afraid to put guys with some character issues in his locker room. It makes for a very interesting idea. And the Redskins need picks badly

BTW! Dont go off on me cuz i posted this lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Re: Haynesworth thought

His contract is pretty doable. Skins have already paid him 32 mil of the 41 that was guaranteed.So essentially, its a 3 yr/9 mil deal, which is pretty good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth thought:

His contract is pretty doable. Skins have already paid him 32 mil of the 41 that was guaranteed.So essentially, its a 3 yr/9 mil deal, which is pretty good.
    Posted by bmadmax81

But what about the cap number?  His deal would have to be re-worked to be more cap friendly.....

And yes, I know there is no cap this year....but the team and most other teams are playing it out like there is one.....so they are not cap strapped when it comes back again.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I believe he didn't want to be a nose tackle in a 3-4, which he probably wouldn't be New England with Wilfork. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Mike Reiss the other day mentioned if he was the Patriots and this a deal got put on the table for Albert on draft day he would run to the podium to accept it.  Can't say many things give me goosebumps but the idea of Wilfork, Warren, and Haynesworth making up the line sure do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

This is stupid, no he has no shot in NE. For one he wants out of Washington because he doesnt want to play in a 3-4 so he would hate it here and 2 he is a punk and locker room nightmare.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

WRONG!!! 1. He doesnt want to play NOSE GUARD in the 3-4 and he wouldnt be here because we have Vince. And 2. he could play the Seymour-role. 3. And if you havent noticed the Pats played a fair amount of 4-3 defense last season. 4. Haynesworth and Wilfork in the middle = no yards up the gut. I'd make that deal for #53 pick, everyday of the week. 5. Please tell me what player would give the impact Haynesworth would, besides maybe Suh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

if we were to get Albert...we run primarily a 4-3 for sure.  I mean Albert, fork, warren, and TBC(as an example) with Mayo, AD, Mckenzie, guyton, etc fighting it out for 3 spots immediately improves our front seven for sure.  His addition would be a defense changer.  I'm sure he plays some 3-4 end as well if needed...just not everyday NT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I agree. Wilfork and Al in the middle as DT, Warren as RDE and maybe a Odrick/Burgess/TBC/Alualu as LDE. Am getting giddy thinking about it. No one would even try a running game against us :-p
    I wish fairy tales would come true!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoBS14. Show NoBS14's posts

people who are speaking on favor of Haynesworth being with the Patriots: CAN YOU READ ENGLISH ?? If you can, then you must have read about Haynesworth not wanting to play in a 3-4 system!!! He has incredible amount of baggage. WHY are we even talking about Haynesworth with the Patriots??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

Pats are not switching to 4-3.  Haynesworth does not want to play in a 3-4.  Stop playing madden football with the NFL.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayhawk. Show Jayhawk's posts

If the Pats picked up Haynesworth it would clearly be with an eye towards shifting primarily to a 4-3. A 4-3 with Wilfork, Haynesworth and Warren as 3 of the 4 would be phenomenal in stopping the run, while also likely leading to more pressure on the opposing QB and/or less pressure on the Pats secondary. One more blocker staying in to account for Haynesworth is one less receiver going out. Naturally, you still need to pick up another end and some OLBs but this would take a lot of the heat off the linebackers in having to create pressure on their own.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

And he was fat, lazy and missed a handful of games for the Skins last year becuz he was hurt/out of shape. He'd play about 4 or 5 plays and then have to take himself off the field because he was winded.

And you want this schlub why?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

I know he is being a baby about not wanting to play in a 3-4 defense like shanahan is doing and he would have never signed with them if this was the case when he signed with them a little while ago....BUUUT

IF.....We had the chance to get him for say the #53 pick...its a no brainer for me. You go get em. His contract isnt as bas as people think it is...a LOT of his gaurneteed money has been paid. Now for the whole 3-4 thing and how he doesnt wanna play it. We played a lot of 4-3 last year and will be doing the same this yr. You really think he will be complaining when he is WINNING and has a shot at a SB. i dont think he will and its worth a shot.

Just imagine...Wilfork next to Haynesworth....oook i just got a chubby(not really but seriously though) Talk about SOLID run defense...then u go out and draft a KINDLE/Hughes/Witherspoon(if they r there at 22) and  Tyson Alualu at #47 Golden Tate or Jahvid Best at #44

ENOUGH SAID!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

to the people who think he would be happy playing the 5 technique in the 3-4, Haynesworth wants his sacks, pure and simple.  If one thing has been proven, it's that two gapping players don't rack up big time sack totals, it's all dirty work based on read and react (which by the way Haynesworth is awful at, he's not a disciplined player).  So as for this happening.......eh no.  The Pats have the best interior defensive lineman in the league imo, is that not good enough?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

He just doesnt want to play nose guard...

i say give up 53 and 119 get a 3rd in return for this guy

if they wont except it then throw away the third, easily, that takes off pressure from the LBS and pass rushing, isntantly helps out our DEFENSE,

Draft Thomas WR with 22

then focus on other needs like TE and OLB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Thought I'd rehash this thread from last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"This is stupid, no he has no shot in NE. For one he wants out of Washington because he doesnt want to play in a 3-4 so he would hate it here and 2 he is a punk and locker room nightmare. " killa

LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Believe me I found more damning things, in those old threads.  McCourty was a waste of a pick by alot of people. 

I predicted Moss was a good choice on your fantasy team.  I also predicted Hernandez and Butler to have breakout years.  Half right I guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We all say stupid things Shenanigan.  Thank god I get banned every year or so and have my slate wiped clean :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

With Zorn the Skins had a 4-3 base, with Shanahan they converted to 3-4 base. Remember how good Kampman was in 2006 and then  average in 2009 when he essentially became an OLB and his numbers dropped and later Mathews was drafted to become the rush OLB. All teams try to find the right player for the right scheme especially when they convert to an entirely new system (Coach, OC, DC). As many have stated Haynesworth is not playing the nose in the 3-4. He's either playing end in the 3-4 or DT in the occasional 4-3. And he is obviously not a rush OLB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Believe me I found more damning things, in those old threads.  McCourty was a waste of a pick by alot of people.  I predicted Moss was a good choice on your fantasy team.  I also predicted Hernandez and Butler to have breakout years.  Half right I guess.
    Posted by shenanigan

I remember those rants about McCourty!  LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pete Prisco 

Sections
Shortcuts