HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

We just got him from the Redskins for a 5th Rounder in 2013...what u think of this move??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

Really?  That's a strange one to me.  He's a nose tackle and we already got a good one.  Of course, Wilfork has been playing DE too . . . or maybe a 4-3 is in the works (solves the OLB problem--but do we have penetrators at DE?).

Not sure about this one.  Haynesworth has a checkered past . . . of course, BB has a way with guys like that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's a DT in a 43 who doesn't want to be a NT in a 34. We already have the best 34 NT in the game. Haynesworth is a locker room cancer.

I don't think I believe this one

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Believe what? He's been traded...its done..I dont know what they plan to do with him tho...and I dont want him bringing his attitude up from Washington...wonder how this pans out...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

If this guy's "tuned-in" watch out! The Patriots will have the best D-line in the game, with Albert Haynesworth, Vince Wilfork, and Ty Warren.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...:
    [QUOTE]If this guy's "tuned-in" watch out! The Patriots will have the best D-line in the game, with Albert Haynesworth, Vince Wilfork, and Ty Warren.
    Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]

I AGREE!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Really?  That's a strange one to me.  He's a nose tackle and we already got a good one.  Of course, Wilfork has been playing DE too . . . or maybe a 4-3 is in the works (solves the OLB problem--but do we have penetrators at DE?). Not sure about this one.  Haynesworth has a checkered past . . . of course, BB has a way with guys like that. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

For just a 5th rounder in 2013...it's a great gamble to take. When motivated, Haynesworth is a beast. If he dogs it...he's cut in training camp, and the team moves on.

Ask yourself this...if the Jets had made this move, what would be your feelings about the transaction?

Here's the cite on the trade:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

ProFootballTalk.com had ridiculously labeled this trade as a "blockbuster". Haynesworth must pass a physical before the trade becomes official: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/redskins-trade-albert-haynesworth-to-patriots/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, BB has a way of handling these types of guys; at least for 2-3 years.  I'm a bit skeptical of this move, but if BB gets him on board both mentally and physically, we'll have a great D-Line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... :      For just a 5th rounder in 2013...it's a great gamble to take. When motivated, Haynesworth is a beast. If he dogs it...he's cut in training camp, and the team moves on.      Ask yourself this...if the Jets had made this move, what would be your feelings about the transaction?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Simply the best point made all week. If the Jets had signed Big Al, people would be clawing their eyes out here.

Not one penny of his small salary is guaranteed. He has a low cap figure the next two seasons. Most of his issues last year had to do with Shanahan and not wanting to play in Washington. He could fit well here, and if he does look out. That is a superbowl caliber 34 front three.

He is no less an issue than Corey Dillon was, or Moss, and more of an issue than Adalius Thomas was before he got here, and that one just blew up in Ne's face. People should relax.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... :      For just a 5th rounder in 2013...it's a great gamble to take. When motivated, Haynesworth is a beast. If he dogs it...he's cut in training camp, and the team moves on.      Ask yourself this...if the Jets had made this move, what would be your feelings about the transaction?

Yeah, maybe our pass rush is coming up the middle this year.  I doubt Haynesworth will dog it.  It strikes me he's one of those guys who wants to play for a winner and will throw tantrums until he gets to a good team.  I suspect he falls right in line with Corey Dillon and Randy Moss . . . 

(I don't worry about what the Jets do--like BB, I just worry about my own team.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

Haynesworth is definitely NOT a nose tackle.  And this is a crushing move for this defense.  Putting him and Wilfork together on the same front will turn out to be almost unfair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Haynesworth is definitely NOT a nose tackle.  And this is a crushing move for this defense.  Putting him and Wilfork together on the same front will turn out to be almost unfair.
    Posted by TuckItOnce[/QUOTE]

IF he's ready to play, both mentally and physically, he'll either play 3-4 DE...or look for the Patriots to play some 4-3 this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Whoa...Didn't see that one coming, leave it to Bill. This is a brilliant move and for a fifth rounder no less. Belichick has done an excellent job transforming supposed malcontents (see Dillon & Moss) and footballers come to NE because they want to win. If Albert's head is in the right place look out - our problems with the pass rush maybe over. They're a few of us who have doubts and rightfully so, considering Albert's history. I say we give him the benefit of the doubt until he screws up in our colors, then we can berate him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats already play 43 sub over half the time, and have for a decade.
    The lines would look something like:

Nink - Warren - Wilfork - Haynesworth - Cunningham

Wright - Wilfork - Haynesworth - Cunningham

NE will get after the QB on first through third down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Haynesworth is definitely NOT a nose tackle.  And this is a crushing move for this defense.  Putting him and Wilfork together on the same front will turn out to be almost unfair.
    Posted by TuckItOnce[/QUOTE]

Well, he's mostly played 4-3 tackle (and resisted being moved to NT in Washington) -- but I guess you're right that in NE's 3-4 he's most likely to play DE, not NT.  From what I've seen, Haynesworth likes to be able to penetrate and get to the QB.  I think he'll be asked to do that a lot in our defense, which I imagine is going to be pretty protean this year . . . not really a pure 3-4 or 4-3.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

BB wouldnt have done this without talking to people . this could very well be one of the best trades he has ever done. This guy has all the tools and just two years ago was considered by many to be the best d lineman in the game . You put him in a controled heavy team like the Patriots and it could be awesome. All for a 5th rounder............BB just may have struck gold........Vince , Albert and Ty Warren..........WOW

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Simply the best point made all week. If the Jets had signed Big Al, people would be clawing their eyes out here. Not one penny of his small salary is guaranteed. He has a low cap figure the next two seasons. Most of his issues last year had to do with Shanahan and not wanting to play in Washington. He could fit well here, and if he does look out. That is a superbowl caliber 34 front three. He is no less an issue than Corey Dillon was, or Moss, and more of an issue than Adalius Thomas was before he got here, and that one just blew up in Ne's face. People should relax.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z,
    I didn't read through the entire post or I would have seen your thoughts on the topic - which are very similar to mine. No plagiarism intended.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

THE best d lineman in football (when he wants)

holy huge dudes, batman

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Low risk, high reward trade. I watched Big Al dog it for the past 2 yrs w/the Redskins, he didn't like the 3-4 but on the rare occasions when he was motivated he was an unstoppable beast. Big Al was one of the many bad acquisions occasions orchestrated by owner Danny Boy Snyder. He was out-of-shape also and if Big AL tanks w/the Pats his career is over. He has the money, now hopefully he gets in shape, adjusts his surly attitude and gets motivated for a SB run.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok, I thought about it and pure logic wise it's a great move.

You bounce Haynesworth to DE in the 34 and inside for the 43. All his bonuses have been paid so essentially we are only paying his base, which means we can dump him at any point and not be hurt by it. When he wants to play this is a major upgrade in the pass rush. Finally for a 5th in 2013 it's basically like we spent nothing for him.

But when you start weighting the other facts I'm still not sure I get it. He has a hearing about a sexual assault charge Aug 23rd. The guy has been known to just give up on plays and not play period. He's not been known for conditioning. He's not a good locker room guy. He's lead a mutiny in Was locker room because he didn't want to practice (remember the incident with AD, Moss, and Burgess when they didn't go to a practice because it was snowing). Was so resistant to listen to coaching and playing inside on a 34 that he was benched for the last 4 games of a season.

It's a gamble with little risk and great reward but if it doesn't pay off that 5.4mil in cap space this season could come back to haunt them.

That's going to be a huge line though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Pats already play 43 sub over half the time, and have for a decade. The lines would look something like: Nink - Warren - Wilfork - Haynesworth - Cunningham Wright - Wilfork - Haynesworth - Cunningham NE will get after the QB on first through third down.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

That's not entirely true Z. They play their 43 sub just less then 35% of the time. Most of the time they use variations on the 34 with OLB's putting their hands down towards the outside of the line. They are a base 34 who sometimes switch to 43 during 3rd mid to long downs. Just because they played sub packages more then 50% of the time doesn't mean they play the 43 it means they played something other then the strict 34 base (that doesn't include nickels, fireman's, dimes, 3 S packages which is something they used a lot last year. Strict 34 is 3 DL, 4LB, 2 CB, 2 S)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

To All:

Isn't it great to be talking football again...instead of weighing court decisions, and listening to the likes of DeMaurice Smith, and "Jets" Goodell??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Low risk (5th round pick, most of the guaranteed money on the contract already paid)/high reward (one of the best linemen in football when in shape and motivated).

Really, what's not to like about this move?

It essentially costs them nothing, since that fifth rounder isn't nearly as valuable as the two #1s, two #2s, the #3 and the #4 they still have in next year's draft, and if it works out it gives them their best defensive line since their last Super Bowl team had Seymour, Warren, Traylor/Wilfork (NT) starting along the front.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Great move . . . if you want to get to the Super Bowl you have to gamble a little and this one has more up side than down side. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Oh... My... God...

I signed on here thinking this was a joke because of BB's "inactivity" so far this offseason. It's 7:30am and I'm getting ready to head to training camp as I type.

If it was any other team I would absolutely hate this move, as I'm not a big fan of Haynesworth. I think he's a greedy punk. However, with BB as coach and the influence of the other leaders on the team, this trade could be a steal.