HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

I cant wait to hear what Felger has to say about this....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Holy hell I didn't see this one coming at all. As everyone's mentioned, it's a low risk-high reward move, the type that gambling geniuses love to make. I hope he passes the physical, comes in, and does his part. 

Side note: if anyone has any questions about the O line this year, we'll get a good feel for that watching them matching up against Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Warren during training camp hahaha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : I think you are really underestimating the complexity of how a 43 is a run and over-rating the complexity of how a 34 is run. It's true that sometimes the linebacker drops back after showing himself at the line, but 43 ends drop as well, and often pressure is brought from the LBing crew. This wasn't any different in Tennessee for Haynesworth. BB runs incredibly complex defenses whether in 43 or 34 fronts, and rarely ever drops Mike Wright or Cunningham/Nink from the 43 front into protection. But the point remains, that switching from NT in a fledgling system, to 34 END in the Patriots system will basically solve Haynesworth's issue. The fact alone, that BB only has his 34 ENDs in two gap a assignments a small amount the the time (he is usually sending someone or using a LBer to set the edge) will make it feel a lot more like a 43 for Haynesworth as opposed to playing over the zero gap in Shanahan's defense.   In short, most of the time Haynesworth will have protection next to him on both sides and will only be responsible for covering one gap because of the amount of 43 fronts NE plays. It will be a sea-change from playing NT in Washington.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    I'm thinking base 43 now with Vince and Albert in the middle.  Not sure who the ends will be yet but let's think about the LB corps.  In a 43, you want your OLBs to be fast.  We have a pair of the fastest in football in Mayo and Guyton.  Would Spikes be the MLB with Mayo on the strong side and Guyton on the weakside?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbptbob. Show nbptbob's posts

"Last chance" gambles have a way of working out, especially for the Patriots.  If Haynesworth can't make it here he'll be an untouchable elsewhere in the league, and he's sure to know that.  Coming to the Patriots should give him a number of important elements he lacked with the Redskins...a storied program, the best coaches in football, genuine talent to play with, and a chance to earn his own respect by making a sizable contribution.  While not a sure thing by any means, the odds are better than just good here, and reason enough to make the deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Awesome move, nobody's better with head cases than BB. I think this deal was done a long time ago and this is why they didn't go after an outside rusher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Yes, a gamble, but a smart one.  Little cost, potentially huge payoff.  As for the character issues, the unresolved sexual assault charge thing bothers me.  But in terms of his being a malcontent, consider the upgrade Big Al is going to experience by coming to NE.  And how it will influence his attitude for the better.  Will it be a strong enough influence?  We sill see.
    Organization and winning record: Redskins to Patriots
    Coach: Shanahan to Belichick
    QB: Clownish McNabb to super-competitive Brady
    DL: ??? to playing beside Wilfork
    Add to that the fact that Shanahan tried to "stick a square peg in a round hole."  BB is smarter than that.
    I love the move.  But my fingers are crossed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : I am sure the media will ask Rex what he thinks of the trade in a press conference and Rex will say something stupid or make a joke about it!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Reporter: "Rex what do you think of the Pats getting Haynesworth for a 5th in 2013?"

Rex: "Well finally they found some competition for me. I've been kicking their butts for years. You know the 'bowl' is going to get a bit tougher. The 'burger bowl' just gained a huge competitor in the the burger eating championships. But, I guarantee to bring home the 'bowl' again this year. BTW I heard Haynesworth has great footwork, do you know if that's true? Ohh excuse me, I had a bit of drool there"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hanesworth might actually want to play for a winner. When your teams winning you tend not to complain so much. I fear for Brady in practice almost as much as I fear for Snach-eez. Remember a couple years ago when Hanesworth just crushed Brady in the back field? I think is was in a preseason game. that guys a lot of meat. In a 3-4 we'd have over a half ton of meat on the line. Over 1300 in a 4-3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : I am sure the media will ask Rex what he thinks of the trade in a press conference and Rex will say something stupid or make a joke about it!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Yes, but secretly he's fuming.  He almost has to break the bank to get Nnamdi now.  This brings up another need, WR.  We need someone who can stretch the field and not allow the Jets to stuff our short game.  Is Moss now coming back in spite of all the "no way" talk?  I'd take a shot at Roy Williams too if the price is right.  Brady makes everyone better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Yes, but secretly he's fuming.  He almost has to break the bank to get Nnamdi now.  This brings up another need, WR.  We need someone who can stretch the field and not allow the Jets to stuff our short game.  Is Moss now coming back in spite of all the "no way" talk?  I'd take a shot at Roy Williams too if the price is right.  Brady makes everyone better.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

If am still hoping they can pick up Chad Johnson or another WR and Matt Roth.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Hey Guys, Huge Fan of this move, said they should have done it last year...Don't forget we have Marcus Stroud as well...Stroud, Haynesworth, T Warren and Wilfork, thent he young guys to rotate in...My Goodness, how do you run against this front?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

NEVER considered this. THis could (should?) add a huge amount to the pressures that are generated from the DEs. If Ty Warren can regain his form this will be a big deal. ANd if Haynesworth plays motivated the D line will be very very tough against the run. I fully expect rotations though. BRace was showing promise late. Pryor was showing flashes of REAL good play. VW is exceptional. Ty Warren is a solid player who at times was the second best DL on this squad.

It also means the opponents O will likely need extra help on Haynesworth's side making it just a little easier for the OLB to help with the pressures... Schemes, rotations, talent... coaching... that is the formula. This could be a very solid D at all levels in spite of not having a solid all purpose OLB opposite Cunningham - unless.... unless Nink or Moore or the rookie or a FA step in and upgrade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Yes, but secretly he's fuming.  He almost has to break the bank to get Nnamdi now.  This brings up another need, WR.  We need someone who can stretch the field and not allow the Jets to stuff our short game.  Is Moss now coming back in spite of all the "no way" talk?  I'd take a shot at Roy Williams too if the price is right.  Brady makes everyone better.
    If the Jets get Nnamdi, going out for a sideline field-stretcher would be stupid.  A waste of money.  Look for the passing focus to be on players like Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, RBs out of the backfield.  And a solid run game, hopefully. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

think of the 2-7 on 3rd and long passing downs.. Wilfork hanesworth on the line and everyone else in the back field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Hanesworth might actually want to play for a winner. When your teams winning you tend not to complain so much. I fear for Brady in practice almost as much as I fear for Snach-eez. Remember a couple years ago when Hanesworth just crushed Brady in the back field? I think is was in a preseason game. that guys a lot of meat. In a 3-4 we'd have over a half ton of meat on the line. Over 1300 in a 4-3.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]
    OMG, both of our lines are now massive.  Everything starts up front and BB in this off season added a ton of beaf to both lines.

In the draft:

Solder (6-8, 319) replaces Light (6-4, 305) +14
    Cannon (6-5, 358) replaces Neal (6-4, 305) +53

Not sure who the front 4 will be on the DL but here are the candidates:

Wilfork (6-2, 350?)
    Haynsworth (6-6, 335)
    Brace (6-3, 330)
    Deaderick (6-4, 305)
    Pryor (6-1, 310)
    Stroud (6-6, 310)
    T. Warren (6-5, 300)
    G. Warren (6-4, 330)
    Wright (6-4, 295)

Who plays DE in 43 sets is the mystery to me now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

I think this is a GREAT move - with low risk based on draft pick we traded and cap salary. Like someone said, if he dogs it, he's cut within the month. But that wont be the case. He's on the same line as Vince Wilfork. Period. Entire offenses will have to completely altar their game plans on 3rd down against this line. It also makes Wilfork even MORE versatile than before, where BB can move him around the line. I think this is crazy, even if he's not an every down presence. The other thing people are NOT thinking about in this game of Free Agency chess is what this forces that fat dolt down in NY to do as a counter measure. The Jets have a weak running game (especially if Brad Smith goes to Chicago - it dismantles their Wildcat offense option). The Jets have a LOT of players and holes to fill offensively, and this may force their hand to focus here rather than on defensive roles like going full-steam for Asomugha. BB is not only trying to fill defensive roles here, he's playing head games with NYJ. I love this move. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Let's face it.This is a total hit or miss move. There won't be any in between so it will be interesting. BB isn't going to wait around to see if he wants to get his act together. I just hope there is a clause in the contract to prevent them getting burned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : OMG, both of our lines are now massive.  Everything starts up front and BB in this off season added a ton of beaf to both lines. In the draft: Solder (6-8, 319) replaces Light (6-4, 305) +14 Cannon (6-5, 358) replaces Neal (6-4, 305) +53 Not sure who the front 4 will be on the DL but here are the candidates: Wilfork (6-2, 350?) Haynsworth (6-6, 335) Brace (6-3, 330) Deaderick (6-4, 305) Pryor (6-1, 310) Stroud (6-6, 310) T. Warren (6-5, 300) G. Warren (6-4, 330) Wright (6-4, 295) Who plays DE in 43 sets is the mystery to me now.

I don't see us moving to a 43 I think we'll remain a 34 with a 43 sub package. We have to many good ILB's and not enough cover OLB's to convert to a 43, not to mention the lack of rush DE's.

I'm thinking it will be Warren RDE, Wilfork NT, Haynesworth LDE in the 34 and Warren/Pyror RDE, Stroud/Wilfork RDT, Haynesworth/Love LDT, Wright/Deadrick LDE in the 43

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

One thing is for sure, the competition will be fierce on the interior of the DL.  Deaderick, Brace, Pryor, Stroud, Love and Wright will have to battle for jobs.  G. Warren is likely gone along with 3 from the 6 aforementioned.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Albert Haynesworth?

Never doubt BB, the guy knows what he's doing when he gets players that have a bad reputation. I love the move, hopefully it pans out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i think its a great move.... great...its a win win... if he plays up to his potential... he was the best nfl defender voted by his peers in 2009...if he doesnt...hes gone...   every single human being has some ...has some warts...but he has incentive to correct those now with a fresh start...

and people were worried we wouldnt make a big splash...come on people get happy!! defense just got superbowl ready... and we havent even signed the olb yet!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]Now if they go out and get Roth WOW!!! That could be an incredible front 7.                           Warren          Wilfork            Haynesworth                           Cunningham           Mayo            Spikes                Roth
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Drooooooool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wow, did not see this coming. and for a 5th rounder in 2013. In Bill we trust. good move.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts