Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...:
    In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : They don't get it.  This SKins fan thinks that environment/mess is NE's environment. I always say, get value and put the onus on these kinds of low risk/high reward types. All Wash had to do was move him to DE! Idiots!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

It probably isn't even a Redskins fan. Dogg or the Jets trolls...I just don't see a Redskins fan coming here and creating an account to post that lol

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Low Risk - High Reward

Potentally the fix to the biggest concern on these blogs

Add one of the LB's you guys have been talking about

Get Bodden Back

Young D could really get mean

Biggest Problem?
    Here in Jet land they think they are getting the NA
    So how do we attack them?we didn't ahve an answer
    in the Playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't see how any Pats fan can't love this move. This just wiped out all the bad stuff that's happened over the last 2-3 months in the NFL for me.

1)We gave up next to nothing for him

2) 5 million this year is a steal

3) If he turns into a head case he's gone with no financial repercussions

4) He's the most dominant interior lineman (IMO) in the league when his head is screwed on straight.

5) This guys presence makes Spikes and Mayo's Jobs much easier.
    I can't wait to see their numbers by Mid season.

Another No Brainer by BB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Sucks that BB isn't talking about Fat Albert in the press conference.

Love this trade though, we might have the best interior Dline in the league if Albert is tuned in. Big Vince and Fat Albert? Love it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree with what alot have posted already here about this trade.  Low risk, possibly med-high reward. 

IF this guy is a Loser like he was everywhere else - the Pats cut him anyways and it only costs a 5th rder, who cares. 

My prediction: I don't think he Lasts Training Camp and I'm sure he has a Run-in with Coach BB and the cut him.  We'll see though, just my opinion.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Low risk, high reward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtrain1. Show dtrain1's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Well then let me say thank you for paying all his bonuses upfront so we only have to worry about his base. If he acts up or is lazy we can dump him and not have any impact on the cap at all. Thank you again
    Posted by PatsEng

Don't thank me - thank Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato. And thanks for the pick - it's way more than this turd is worth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Sucks that BB isn't talking about Fat Albert in the press conference. Love this trade though, we might have the best interior Dline in the league if Albert is tuned in. Big Vince and Fat Albert? Love it.
    Posted by GadisRKO

BB isn't addressing the Haynesworth trade this morning!  Brilliant.  Absolutely f-ing brilliant.  THAT totally reassures me that this thing may just work out.  Bill is brilliant.  Yah, up here in NE things work differently.  Big splash trade, but it's not the focus.  OMG.  Brilliant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hate it. This guy took off a player's helmet and stomped on his face with his cleats. This guy shouldn't even be playing in the NFL anymore

Merriweather too.

I'm not a fan of the face rake. On the other hand we got a guy that fought and tortured dogs that didnt fight, went to prison, got an award for coming back *when he played some mediocre games the year before*, and he's idolized by the NFL now. Point is they forget when your winning.

The Skins fan has a right to be bitter. Hanesworth screw'd em pretty bad. He can be even bitterer if he thought that the price is a 2013 pick. Figure that BB will trade a 7th rounder this year for that 5th rounder in 2013. Hanesworth is pretty much free to us.

With 5 first rounders on the D-line I wonder if BB is going to a 5-2.  lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chopin224. Show chopin224's posts

Good luck with him. As a Redskin fan , which is hard with Napoleon as the owner, it was addition by subtraction for the Skins. Even if he becomes the best D lineman in the league, the Skins had to let this cancer go. If he is not convicted in his assault case, he could make the Pats D line very good. But as a former opponent said of Fat Albert when he signed with the Skins, "He will play a couple of plays, then take himself out, then come back in, fake and injury, recover and go back for  a couple of plays, then out again". This is exaclty what he did the whole time here including before they went to a 3-4.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maplewood59. Show maplewood59's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : the difference is we didnt pay him 100 million and we can cut our losses should your opinion become reality in a heartbeat
    Posted by jcour382

AND the bigger difference (to me..and I think to AH as well)...he won't be playing in Washington !!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : BB isn't addressing the Haynesworth trade this morning!  Brilliant.  Absolutely f-ing brilliant.  THAT totally reassures me that this thing may just work out.  Bill is brilliant.  Yah, up here in NE things work differently.  Big splash trade, but it's not the focus.  OMG.  Brilliant.
    Posted by BelichickforPresident

Truth. BB always addresses everything with the media and usually keeps them in the loop on everything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtrain1. Show dtrain1's posts

Hmm. Something is screwy here - I can't find the reply button anywhere, so I'll just sum up some things:

1) I'm more than happy to come back and admit I was wrong if that happens to be the case at the end of the year; I don't think it's going to happen because AH will either dog it and get cut, get thrown in the slammer, or do just enough to get by. But I'll own up to it if this does turn out to be another genius BB move.

2) I'm a Skins fan. I've been living in Somerville for 22 years, but I spent 1968-1974 living outside DC watching George Allen's Skins. I've been registered on boston.com for a while but never felt an urge to discuss the Pats here until today. BTW if you want to have more interesting discussions, come to extremesknis.com - all fans are welcome, and it's the largest and best fan board in the NFL (and no I don't work for the Skins). So, no troll.

3) You're right that Snyder is a disaster. The best thing that's happened to the Skins since he's been owner is Bruce Allen and Shanny coming on board. You'll see this offseason that Snyder's Madden strategy of buying every over the hill FA on the market is a thing of the past.

Good luck with Dough Boy, and enjoy your team's dominance - it's good to have those memories because one of these days the heyday will end (it did for the Skins, it will for you). Hail. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bulldogbill. Show bulldogbill's posts

Bill Belicheck has a way with problem players. He always gets them to perform

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i Love this move BB has a great  track record on recclamation projects besides haynesworts is coming to a winning team,    maybe a change of  location will do him good

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

To All:      Isn't it great to be talking football again...instead of weighing court decisions, and listening to the likes of DeMaurice Smith, and "Jets" Goodell??
    Posted by TexasPat3

Ayuh!!!  I'm in synch with that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Now if they go out and get Roth WOW!!! That could be an incredible front 7.                           Warren          Wilfork            Haynesworth                           Cunningham           Mayo            Spikes                Roth
    Posted by PatsEng

I like this look.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Good luck with him. As a Redskin fan , which is hard with Napoleon as the owner, it was addition by subtraction for the Skins. Even if he becomes the best D lineman in the league, the Skins had to let this cancer go. If he is not convicted in his assault case, he could make the Pats D line very good. But as a former opponent said of Fat Albert when he signed with the Skins, "He will play a couple of plays, then take himself out, then come back in, fake and injury, recover and go back for  a couple of plays, then out again". This is exaclty what he did the whole time here including before they went to a 3-4.
    Posted by chopin224

As a Pats fan living in the DC area, this is absolutely an accurate description on Haynesworth...2 plays on 1 play off.  For those that say it's "low risk, high reward", the risk is not just Haynesworth blowing up in camp and getting cut.  The risk is that he'll be a perpetual tease...sometimes being the teams best lineman and sometimes dogging it.  If you think BB should cut Fat Al the minute he starts taking plays off, just cut him this second because the is NO CHANCE that he won't dog it on some plays...it's just he's nature.

So what can we reasonable expect from Haynesworth?  Maybe a situation player as a 3-4 DE or 4-3 tackle but not a regular player like Wilfork or Warren.  If they rotate him in and out, he'll likely be fresher and play harder for the downs he's in but as a situation player he just can not be a dominant lineman.  Maybe 35-38 tackles and 4 sacks on the high end. 

Is everyone OK with those production numbers for $5.4m for the season?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

I am ok with it if he is being double teamed when he is out there.  That would keep 1-2 people on Wilfork, and free up the OLB's/ILB's and Ty Warren with 1 on 1.  It isnt just the numbers he gets, it is about the whole defensive unit making more plays, or should I say, stopping plays.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

One reason I'm giving some hope to Haynesworth's having a better attitude: Look at the problems the Skins had with Mcnabb, of all players.  Didn't learn all the plays, refused to wear a wristband with the plays on them....If the Skins' organization and team allowed that from their quarterback, a relatively upstanding guy -- it's no wonder Big Al lacked discipline.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : As a Pats fan living in the DC area, this is absolutely an accurate description on Haynesworth...2 plays on 1 play off.  For those that say it's "low risk, high reward", the risk is not just Haynesworth blowing up in camp and getting cut.  The risk is that he'll be a perpetual tease...sometimes being the teams best lineman and sometimes dogging it.  If you think BB should cut Fat Al the minute he starts taking plays off, just cut him this second because the is NO CHANCE that he won't dog it on some plays...it's just he's nature. So what can we reasonable expect from Haynesworth?  Maybe a situation player as a 3-4 DE or 4-3 tackle but not a regular player like Wilfork or Warren.  If they rotate him in and out, he'll likely be fresher and play harder for the downs he's in but as a situation player he just can not be a dominant lineman.  Maybe 35-38 tackles and 4 sacks on the high end.  Is everyone OK with those production numbers for $5.4m for the season?
    Posted by bobomul

2 plays on and 1 play off will be fine because this is what they got him for. everybody labels ne as a 3-4 defense but that doesn't mean that they run nothing but a 3-4. it just stats that they hide the rusher in a mix of looks. imagine albert on an end with wilfork in the middle of a 3-4... they would absolutely command a double team each which would open upline backer or coner blitzes from that side. having those two on one line is going to crush the pocket.
    if albert doesn't want to play then he won't. he'll be cut.
    nothing but upside on this move and i loved watching mike greenberg listen to the news of this trade and take a shuddering breath thinking about how he jets running game is going to turn  into a walking game. 

Sections
Shortcuts