HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Thanks Cap'n! We get the same nonsense over at ExtremeSkins - people who've been complaining about not getting rid of Big Boy are now complaining that our FO didn't get enough from you guys. Go figure. Anyway, I'm envious of you and your fellow Pats fans. You have a team like the Skins I grew up on. Enjoy it!!!
    Posted by dtrain1[/QUOTE]

More than welcome dtrain.
      Jurgenson / Kilmer / Theisman / Williams ...long history of field generals gettin' it done down in DC . Shanahan will eventually find one that suits his style and lead you guys back to prominance . At any rate , this is a rebuilding year for the 'Skins and gettin' rid of Albert was obviously a must . If Cullen Jenkins comes onboard as planned your team will be right back on track . Best wishes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]agill, Or it could just be that Pats fans as well as most fans are fake as sh*t. They hate a guy.....till he is in a Pats uniform and then all of a sudden he is their favorite player. Its just funny. Of course this guy has talent but I still say had one of us asked about getting him a week ago the same people defending him right now would have said no way he is a bad locker room guy and BB wont make that deal and blah blah blah but now that he is a Pat he is all good. Has nothing to do with talent IMO and everything to do with fans flip flopping based on what uniform a player is wearing.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

YOU ALMOST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD MVP

True  , us fans can be hypocrytes but in this case there's also other factors to consider :

My brother ( Cowboys fan ...pffft ) calls me up this morning and relays the news we just traded for Haynesworth and my first reaction is  " W T F ?  "
     Then I grumble  "Who'd we have to give up " ?
     He tells me we only gave up a 5th ....in 2013
     All of a sudden I'm starting to come around .

I watch his highlight reel ... hmmmm

I find out he's only gonna be paid 5 mil per and its NON GAURANTEED  ...

Uh ... alrighty then .....
    I'm ready to look the other way on his past transgressions .

Welcome Albert. 

It doesnt make it right  ,  but ...

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

PS - Its too bad a thread wasnt started here a couple days back promoting the adding of Haynesworth ... I for one would have been heaving heavy heaps of hate. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtrain1. Show dtrain1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : More than welcome dtrain.   Jurgenson / Kilmer / Theisman / Williams ...long history of field generals gettin' it done down in DC . Shanahan will eventually find one that suits his style and lead you guys back to prominance . At any rate , this is a rebuilding year for the 'Skins and gettin' rid of Albert was obviously a must . If Cullen Jenkins comes onboard as planned your team will be right back on track . Best wishes.
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Even better than Jenkins - we got Bowen: cheaper, younger, ascending.

If I don't see you before then, I'll be back to talk trash in December before your visit to FedEx, and to eat crow if it turns out that BB can turn Haynesworth around.

Cheers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

I wonder what the Vegas odds are that Albert is still on the team in Dec ? ... At any rate I hope the 'Skins go 3-1 against the AFC East.
    ( and 2 - 0 vs the 'Boys )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Even better than Jenkins - we got Bowen: cheaper, younger, ascending. If I don't see you before then, I'll be back to talk trash in December before your visit to FedEx, and to eat crow if it turns out that BB can turn Haynesworth around. Cheers!
    Posted by dtrain1[/QUOTE]

If I don't see you before then, I'll be back to talk trash in December before your visit to FedEx, and to eat crow if it turns out that BB can turn Haynesworth around. Cheers!

We hear that every year from fans like you....And the majority do not come back!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Well, BB has a way of handling these types of guys; at least for 2-3 years.  I'm a bit skeptical of this move, but if BB gets him on board both mentally and physically, we'll have a great D-Line.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I think it's been hit or miss....like AT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Laz very good break down. That's the Pats D system I was trying to explain to Z but couldn't put it nearly as elegant as you put it. Just imagine Roth opposite Cunningham in that system and drool
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

PrLaz and PatsEng. You guys are spinning your wheels over nothing I don't need 3-4 defense explained to me. I have actually written plays in 34. I'm fully aware of the Patriots Fairbanks 3-4 pedigree ... but you are grossly oversimiplifying. NE isn't two gapping all the time, all lineman aren't called on to two-gap every play. It is play specific, and NE has personell packages, even on the line, to cover every scenario ... I mean how many times have we seen Mike Wright on the line or Jarvis Green on the line ... they are single gapping, and Seymour would single gap all the time himself. Any time you run a stunt, you are single gapping. Anytime there is a blitz from any direction except corner, the lineman next to the blitzer is single gapping.

The differences Laz is talking about are overstated. You can two gap in 34 or 43. You can  have one lineman two gap with two others not two gapping. 90% of the x's and o's drawn up in this thread are a waste compared to my original point that NE runs more 4 man fronts than Washington, and run more than enough four man fronts to get Haynesworth his reps. 

You can talk about assignments, gaps, and other minutiea, which I know very well, but it isn't germaine to my comment. As Ken Rosenthal notes for PFT: "the Pats use a 4-3 front roughly half the time. Thus, Haynesworth likely will be a part-time player, but he possibly will be in the alignment he prefers 100 percent of the time that he’s on the field." And Rosenthal is probably adding the nickel four man fronts with the proper 43 fronts NE runs.

That is my only point. Add the nickel subs, the 4-3 subs, plus the amount of time that BB shows 34 and is actually playing single gap responsibility, AND the fact that Haynesworth is shifting outside, where he will will play five technique and Haynesworht is a happy camper. In total shifting between 3 tech and 5 tech (where he was dominant last season) will clear up his issues with the period in time where Shanahan stuck him at zero, and played him for sixteen snaps prompting the famous line 'I guess I'll have to get used to it," and his eventual suspension.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

If a change of scenery to New England is all he needs to get it together, look out, cause $hitt just got real.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]agill, Or it could just be that Pats fans as well as most fans are fake as sh*t. They hate a guy.....till he is in a Pats uniform and then all of a sudden he is their favorite player. Its just funny. Of course this guy has talent but I still say had one of us asked about getting him a week ago the same people defending him right now would have said no way he is a bad locker room guy and BB wont make that deal and blah blah blah but now that he is a Pat he is all good. Has nothing to do with talent IMO and everything to do with fans flip flopping based on what uniform a player is wearing.

Couldnt agree more , most people on here are homers who really dont have a clue. Look at all the chit they talked about Moss when he left. I actually compared the two yesterday in here. Something like , do you think Haynesworth is all washed up? Judging elite , freakish players off of one year is foolish and just proves are many homers are on here. Great were all Pats fans , but you cant engage/talk/debate with some of these homers on here. I absolutely expect everyone that was dogging Moss yesterday loves this move. Another thing i heard on here is that Albert is a NT , lol which couldnt be further from the truth. He'll play the 5 in the 3-4 and 3 in the 4-3. In other words hes going to do what he does best. BB didnt bring him here to force him to do something that clearly didnt work last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]the dude is lazy and quits on most plays however the pats gave up noting for him so I like the move.
    Posted by Keyser1[/QUOTE]

Judging a player off of his worst year just shows how you think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beer812. Show beer812's posts

As long as he passes his conditioning test, I guess that will be a start. As many may recall, passing the test was a big issue last year.

Personally, I don't agree with the Haynesworth acquisition, but I'm willing to go into it with an open mind. The Pats did not give up much to get him, and if he does not work out, they can easily get rid of him. It is always good to have some escape clauses with someone of Haynesworth's history.

I just have a feeling that he will probably get off to a good start, but once the envitable bumps in the road come along, we will have another Adaluis Thomas on our hands. If there was more of a veteran presence in the lockeroom, I would be more in favor of this move, but the fact that the younger players will be looking to Haynesworth to lead the way, is a bit troubling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : PrLaz and PatsEng. You guys are spinning your wheels over nothing I don't need 3-4 defense explained to me. I have actually written plays in 34. I'm fully aware of the Patriots Fairbanks 3-4 pedigree ... but you are grossly oversimiplifying. NE isn't two gapping all the time, all lineman aren't called on to two-gap every play. It is play specific, and NE has personell packages, even on the line, to cover every scenario ... I mean how many times have we seen Mike Wright on the line or Jarvis Green on the line ... they are single gapping, and Seymour would single gap all the time himself. Any time you run a stunt, you are single gapping. Anytime there is a blitz from any direction except corner, the lineman next to the blitzer is single gapping. The differences Laz is talking about are overstated. You can two gap in 34 or 43. You can  have one lineman two gap with two others not two gapping. 90% of the x's and o's drawn up in this thread are a waste compared to my original point that NE runs more 4 man fronts than Washington, and run more than enough four man fronts to get Haynesworth his reps.  You can talk about assignments, gaps, and other minutiea, which I know very well, but it isn't germaine to my comment. As Ken Rosenthal notes for PFT: "the Pats use a 4-3 front roughly half the time. Thus, Haynesworth likely will be a part-time player, but he possibly will be in the alignment he prefers 100 percent of the time that he’s on the field." And Rosenthal is probably adding the nickel four man fronts with the proper 43 fronts NE runs. That is my only point. Add the nickel subs, the 4-3 subs, plus the amount of time that BB shows 34 and is actually playing single gap responsibility, AND the fact that Haynesworth is shifting outside, where he will will play five technique and Haynesworht is a happy camper. In total shifting between 3 tech and 5 tech (where he was dominant last season) will clear up his issues with the period in time where Shanahan stuck him at zero, and played him for sixteen snaps prompting the famous line 'I guess I'll have to get used to it," and his eventual suspension.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Exactly , i find it amazing that people think we play 3-4 95% of the time. He'll be on the field for anywhere between 35-40 snaps a game. And again we didnt bring him here to play the NT. We brought him here to do what he does best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from melbrooksfan. Show melbrooksfan's posts

Channel 5 is reporting they got Ochocinco, too.

Foxboro, 2011 has become the Land of Misfit Boys....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from alainb8888. Show alainb8888's posts

GREAT PICK UP.... WE JUST SIGNED CHAD OCHOCINCO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Johnson is not a misfit. A bit crazy and fun loving but by no means a misfit. The worst thing you can say about Johnson off the field was he was pulled over for having his windows a little to tinted. On the field people he jokes with won't even take it as an insult, they just say "that's Chad"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

why does everybody keep saying haynesworth is a nose tackle??? he can play and does play every position on the line, and as for him not wanting to play in a 3-4, the patriots play a 4 man front on 60percent of their plays. i asolutely love this move!!!! 3 all pros on the line again!!!! haynesworth,wilfork, and warren. welcome to new england ochocinco!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]This is giving me a football *boner lol

raging.  this could last a while.  should i call a doctor in 8 hours if it persists?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

I threw up in my mouth when I heard that this classless pig is coming to the Pats.On and off the field this guy just plain scum. As James Harrison so eloquently said, even if he was on fire,yadda yadda yadda.
      I just hope the scum does`nt make the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Exactly , i find it amazing that people think we play 3-4 95% of the time. He'll be on the field for anywhere between 35-40 snaps a game. And again we didnt bring him here to play the NT. We brought him here to do what he does best.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

Ditto. As BB has said himself a couple of times, the differences between 34 and 43 fronts are overstated. In the end, most of the time, you have four men engaging at the line, and most of the 'tricks' you can do with 34 you can also do with 43. Having a good 34 personnel group adds to your flexibility, but BB has always kept a great 43 package as well. Heck, IIRC, both Cunninham and Ninkovich (the two guys everyone counts on as OLBs) are technically listed as DEs on the Patriots' roster. 

Haynesworth can get in on 70% of the plays (about average for a guy his size) and only play a handful on a three man line. 

And in doing so he can be a major upgrade to anyone listed as DE here.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

They will have to double team him and Wilfork . There are not many offensive linemen left to protect the QB after that.  This is going to be fun to watch. Even more exciting is the offense. Ocho, Branch Welker, Woodhead , Vereen, BJGE. Did I leave anybody out? Looks like Air Coryelle from the old days. There are going to be some serious blowouts. Good season coming folks.

GO PATS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Ditto. As BB has said himself a couple of times, the differences between 34 and 43 fronts are overstated. In the end, most of the time, you have four men engaging at the line, and most of the 'tricks' you can do with 34 you can also do with 43. Having a good 34 personnel group adds to your flexibility, but BB has always kept a great 43 package as well. Heck, IIRC, both Cunninham and Ninkovich (the two guys everyone counts on as OLBs) are technically listed as DEs on the Patriots' roster.  Haynesworth can get in on 70% of the plays (about average for a guy his size) and only play a handful on a three man line.  And in doing so he can be a major upgrade to anyone listed as DE here.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Yup.  And now you can limit everyone's snaps to keep them all healthy

You have your heavies against the run: Wilfork, Ty Warren, Haynesworth, and Stroud (and hopefully Gerard Warren) and maybe Ron Brace if he makes the cut with Deadrick as a potential project

You have your pass rush crew: Haynesworth, Mike Wright, Myron Pryor, possibly Ty Warren depending on how he's come back, possibly one of the kids (Love)

I'm really excited now.  I can't wait for September to come

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

Albert didnt want to play NT in Washington He wanted to rush the passer now I dont agree with players dictating what they want to do but Shanahan can be an idiot and I think they just butted heads  now before this, Albert was one of the best if not the best  DL in the league Belichek has said that to start he will just play on 3rd downs then go from there, just where our weakness is. This is what Belichek was thinking about when he didnt see the pass rusher of his liking in the draft and all (some) of the fans were screaming during the draft, if this pans out it will just add to Bills legacy. As I always say In Bill I trust 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sipower. Show sipower's posts

So Chad and Albert ... well good luck with that Bill ....if it fails we will be headline news every single day - locker room meltdown ... a farce ... but if you can get them to play as they can man that would be genius ;-)

Chad tweets about a gift from God .... I think he means that the guy slinging the ball at him will put it on his numbers time after time ..... 

Cant wait ....I wouldnt have made these acquisitions - I dont think they are Patriot material but what do I know ....If we get this right we will be awesome ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiero. Show chiero's posts

The Pats now need to sign an oncologist to treat the locker room cancer Haynesworth and Ochocinco will be metastasizing.