HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonellij. Show tonellij's posts

Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

Mixed on this:
    Who wouldn't lose heart playing for the Snyder-era Skins?  
    Playing for a winner might get him to want to play.
    BUT--it's one heckuva gamble.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from acarty. Show acarty's posts

What's the over/under on how many tries it takes him to pass conditioning run?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from acarty. Show acarty's posts

Has Stroud been cut or not? Conflicting reports.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I think these are  classic bb low risk-high reward moves, 2 pro bowl type players for a bunch of 5th and 6th round picks. Sign me up. Haynesworth and wilfork TOGETHER is a scary thought for opposing lineman.  Ocho cinco has had 1 bad year his whole career  (and that was last year and still had over 800 yds , which is what welker had to lead our team). If these moves dont get you even more hyped for this upcoming season, u dont got a pulse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

BB has a history of getting these kinds of guys with attitudes to work in NE. He did it with Moss (at least for a few seasons). I think Haynes will like the role better than in Washington and they might get some good productivity. 

On the downside, the Pats have failed on some high profile guys they have brought in lately. 

At least all the bonus money was paid by Washington. Haynesworth can be cut if it doesn't work out without much penalty. He fills one of the major missing pieces that everyone griped wasn't filled in the draft. A pass rusher. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Let's hope when he WAS still a Redskin, he didn't let himself get totally out of shape and pass his physical/conditioning. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6814510

mike riess is saying that both chad and albert restructured their contracts.  chad im not so suprised about, but haynesworth i am. does anyone know the new terms for alberts deal?  ive heard chad got 3 years, but i dont know the money terms

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

When Is he going to make a statement about the trade (Haynesworth)....the silence from him is  making this harder to predict lol...He needsta come in and spray himself heavily in that Patriots Cologne....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...:
    [QUOTE]The only thing keeping Albert from being one of the top 3 D lineman in the league is Albert.  He has the potential to completely change our D from soft and squishy to nightmare inducing.  But that's up to Albert, and only time will tell if he will want to buy in with the Pats and truly commit himself.  So in essence this is one of the most high reward/low risk deals in NFL history, because if it doesn't work out all that is lost is 5 mil and a 5th rounder.  Significant surely, but not when you compare to what you have the potential to be gaining. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

there will be no $ loss. if he's cut he will only be paid for games he played ie % of the 6 mil actually is report i hear today per year for 2 years no guarantee.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Yup.  And now you can limit everyone's snaps to keep them all healthy You have your heavies against the run: Wilfork, Ty Warren, Haynesworth, and Stroud (and hopefully Gerard Warren) and maybe Ron Brace if he makes the cut with Deadrick as a potential project You have your pass rush crew: Haynesworth, Mike Wright, Myron Pryor, possibly Ty Warren depending on how he's come back, possibly one of the kids (Love) I'm really excited now.  I can't wait for September to come
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Brace is fine, he is rehabbing. Stroud has been cut. Wilfork can certainly rush the passer. I think a monster 4 man look would be removing Warren for Wright and taking Nink off the field. Then Cunnningham can put his knuckles down where he is a bit more explosive.

Or they can run it like they did against Pittsburgh, and put Wright inside, and bust Wilfork outside and have almost 700 pounds on both ends. That would create a big mismatch of power vs speed againt teams that run bloated guards and nimble tackles. I loved that BB moved Fork around last season, and he generated some really good pressure against the RTs he was up against, and Wright's game against Pitt was one of the mot dominant performances of the season by any defender.

In the end, depth counts. The guys that got NE to 14-2 last season and came on strong down the stretch are now backups, except for Wilfork and Wright (who has always been a super-sub).

Getting Warren back and acquiring Haynesworth via trade not only adds raw talent that simply wasn't on the line last season, but adds tremendous depth as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eporsimove. Show eporsimove's posts

He's a bum.  Myra must be rolling over in her still fresh grave.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

How about leaving his time at the Redskins out of the discussion? It's been in contention for the most disfunctional team in the NFL for a few years now. So many QBs and coaches have come and gone I've lost track of them. The front office is a joke. First lets see if he even makes the team and then see how he does under a solid coaching staff, locker room and ownership. If he continues as he has the last couple of years then I'll be right there with you all pulling on the rope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]He's a bum.  Myra must be rolling over in her still fresh grave.
    Posted by eporsimove[/QUOTE]

Next time leave Myra out and just post 'I am an asphole'

Sections
Shortcuts