HBO: Inside Sports

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: HBO: Inside Sports

He was a great hire for PSU after the mess and I hope he stays there for a few years. I think he did a good job holding the program together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Agree with both of you above. My lasting memory of BOB was when he was on the sideline against the Redskins a couple years ago yelling at TB12 after TB12 started to yell at Tiquan Underwood! TB12 was yelling at Underwood that he should have tried harder to catch an awful pass that never should have been thrown! Whatever BOB said got thru to TB12 as you could see his mouth saying "No Sh!t!!" haha Love it when a coach sticks up for the lil guy and puts a superstar in his place! Even TB12 said after the game BOB was right and he was wrong. Good luck BOB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu9TKEKia9s

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yeah the guy has a sick kid so it's all Brady's fault.  Go away Jet Troll.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

Well, I have a newfound respect for Bill O'Brien. 

I did not realize what a strong person he really is.  His son has a disease and wasn't expected to live past 3.  He's now 10.  Very cool piece on HBO and if you get it, I highly recommend checking out the piece Andrea Kremer does on O'Brien and the whole move from the Pats to Penn State.

O'Brien talked to Cleveland, Arizona and Philly to be a coach and he will back in the NFL at some point, so it's clear the BB tree is alive and well.

As much as I gave him crap in 2011 and now realize it wasn't O'Brien but more so Brady, what a great story.   Very cool piece on how he approached not only that disaster at PSU, but the situation with his son.

I still feel BB was ok with letting him move on to something else after some disconnect in controlling Brady a bit there in 2011, but what a person with huge character.

Check it out.

Alive, well and ready to decimate another NFL franchise.  How'd that Piloi thing wotk out in KC?  Remeber when you claimed thay they'd be a playoff team last year?  Just look around the NFL... no coaching tree has had as much failure as BBs.

Yeah, sure. They interviewed him because he did a bad job at PSU in his firs year, not a good one. Aren't you intelligent.

Last time I checked, guys liks Pat Hill, Saban and Ference have done bang up jobs in the NCAA.

Also, Dimitrioff down in Atlanta and obviously Newsome said he owes his personnel management career to BB.

Your jealousy is delicious.

Sure didn't mention anything about the ncaa.  In fact, i think i specifically said NFL.  You're pretty dumb.  

rusty knows there is really no bellichick coaching tree

a walsh tree, a johnson tree and the most successful the parcells tree

but no bellichick tree

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"rusty knows there is really no bellichick coaching tree

but no bellichick tree"

Yup. BB's coaching tree is not exactly thriving. 

Don't just take my word for it, you be the judge: 

For such a smart dude Rusty really is obsessed with putting down Brady and irrationally raising up BB. Now he's taken to elevating BB's coaching tree based not on their on-field accomplishments but on some interview he enjoyed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As much as I gave him crap in 2011 and now realize it wasn't O'Brien but more so Brady,

Get help nutcase.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

BOB was the most vanilla OC I have ever seen, you could predict the next play he would call.

He may be a great guy but I don't see him as a NFL, successfull, head coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

rusty knows there is really no bellichick coaching tree

but no bellichick tree

Everyone stop with all this coaching tree stuff.

You pick up a little in every job you have but  the lazy underachiever will not absorb much and certainly not become a master just by being around a master. Give everyone credit for their own individual talents.

Some sportswriter no doubt didn't have enough to write about and invented this coaching tree BS.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts