He was what we thought he was!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

He was what we thought he was!

I absolutely love what the Pats have done in free agency and the draft,(especially if Easley can stay healthy), with ONE exception--drafting Jimmy Crapalo with the second pick-the guy is lost and looks like he's just giddy to be on the team? Brian Hoyer would be a huge upgrade over this smuck-what a downer to take this guy in the 2nd. The guy has fumbled and thrown more interceptions in 3 days than Mallet did all of his rookie year-I say with conviction that  this "bum" will be out of the league in 3/4 years! Another move where BB outsmarts himself? Listen I'm a big BB supporter-but this pick was a head scratch-er then and still is. Sorry but I'm not a believer and I know he's a rookie, but you can have the fastest delivery in the game but when you throw to the other teams guys(defense), more than your own what does accuracy matter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: He was what we thought he was!

I'm impressed that you are able to make this in-depth assessment after precisely one padded practice.  Truly impressive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Patience is a virtue.  Is there any harm in waiting until we make such a judgment?  Is there some sort of competition to see who can say "I told you so" the soonest?  I'm thinking I need to at least see the preseason unfold before I can even begin to think that.  Even then I'd be premature because rookies, especially rookie QB's, don't always turn on in their rookie year.  I kinda think he's also facing what is the best secondary the Pats have had in a decade.

Note that I am not calling you wrong.  I'm only saying that you can't possibly know this right now.  Imagine being BB.  Imagine knowing exactly what is being asked of G, being able to witness him play firsthand, being able to review tape of him, and still not knowing exactly what he has yet.  Now imagine someone telling BB that there is this guy on a forum that can read a few media reports and tell you if a player will be good or not.  He doesn't need to be around the player daily.  He doesn't need to know what was being practiced.  He doesn't need to see the practice.  He doesn't need to see any tape.  All he needs to do is just read some reports from the media.  Pretty silly, yes?

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I admit that I didn't like the pick at the time, but I'm willing to give it some time because if they hit on a QB at that point in the draft?? It's a home run and besides have you seen some of our second round picks? It's been a dumping ground for waste - yes I know we got gronk and Vollmer there - but we had so many picks in the second over the last five years and came away with so little. I'm hoping Garrapolo will be something.

His start is troubling, but it's early and someone mentioned he is going against the best secondary we have had in a decade - and that's true - also he is throwing to the worst talent we have had in a decade as well. That has got to mean something.

The only thing I'm really concerned about - and it's not the picks - it's the fumbles with those little hands of his, because that may not be correctable. When I think of a QB with small hands fumbling in absolutely perfect weather conditions with no contact...I think of a QB fumbling in the cold (with the game on the line) when he gets hit. That could be a HUGE problem. They measure their hands for a reason. The football is bigger in the pros and the defenders are too. You can't play NFL quarterback with "Doll Hands"...hopefully they get this guy some awesome gloves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The kid has a lot to learn. If next camp and the damp after we don't see progress then yeah just another high draft pick wasted but you have to give him time to catch up. He wasn't drafted to start the year but 3-4 years down the road so give him a bit of time. And this coming from a guy who didn't want to touch a QB until the 4th and wanted a TE or WR in the 2nd

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Way, way, way too early to be making these kind of judgments.  Grappolo wasn't from a big time program so it was to be expected that he'd have some substantial learning to do.  I think you've got to give him months--maybe even a year or more--to really get acclimatized to the pro game. 

Thinking short-term--only of the Pats needs this year--I (like Eng) would have loved to have seen the second round pick used on another position.  But I completely understand the need to get a back-up quarterback this year to replace Mallet next year.  And I agree with the Pats trying to see if they could get a guy with potential to be more than a mere back up.  They can always pick up a veteran back up next year if they need to, but that will always be a short-term solution.  There's a possibility Grappolo will be a bust and no solution at all--but there's also a possibility he'll turn out better than any veteran likely available to the Pats next offseason.  I think the risk the Pats took drafting Grappolo was a very sensible one. 

Remember great QBs like Rodgers and Brady didn't play their first years.  And even Manning, who did play his rookie year, struggled mightily with interceptions.  Drew Brees was actually replaced by Doug Flutie at one point and then dumped by the team that drafted him. It takes a while to learn this position.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I admit that I didn't like the pick at the time, but I'm willing to give it some time because if they hit on a QB at that point in the draft?? It's a home run and besides have you seen some of our second round picks? It's been a dumping ground for waste - yes I know we got gronk and Vollmer there - but we had so many picks in the second over the last five years and came away with so little. I'm hoping Garrapolo will be something.

His start is troubling, but it's early and someone mentioned he is going against the best secondary we have had in a decade - and that's true - also he is throwing to the worst talent we have had in a decade as well. That has got to mean something.

The only thing I'm really concerned about - and it's not the picks - it's the fumbles with those little hands of his, because that may not be correctable. When I think of a QB with small hands fumbling in absolutely perfect weather conditions with no contact...I think of a QB fumbling in the cold (with the game on the line) when he gets hit. That could be a HUGE problem. They measure their hands for a reason. The football is bigger in the pros and the defenders are too. You can't play NFL quarterback with "Doll Hands"...hopefully they get this guy some awesome gloves.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  That's something to watch.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm impressed that you are able to make this in-depth assessment after precisely one padded practice.  Truly impressive.

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Some supposed fans here get some kind of a hater hard-on for 1 or 2 players and just keep harping on it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Some supposed fans here get some kind of a hater hard-on for 1 or 2 players and just keep harping on it.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like Brady and Mankins?

Do you even "think" before you type?  Are you capable of thinking?

Verbal diarrhea!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Have you seen bb's late rd or undrafted talent?  Who cares what round they come from?  He has been incredible in that area..

Slater, edelman, bjge was an udfa, nink and arrington scrap heap signings, wendell, connolly, etc.  Superb over the time span you mention.

Superb.  All of these players are either arguably the best at their craft or they at least help in consistent and postitive ways.

You are clueless.  You think bb has to draft future hall of famers most of the time.  That is kiddie logic.  How does that feel to be an adult but have the brain development of a 10 year old?

No wonder you did not finish college.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The kid played a lot in cold weather cities in college.  Does anyone know whether he suffered from fumblitis?  If he did, it is something to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like Brady and Mankins?

Verbal diarrhea!!

[/QUOTE]

I go by what i see.  Within a pattern for years, both brady and mankins performed worse in the postsesson after being given a raise.

These are facts.

Meanwhile, garroppolo is a rookie, 3 days into camp.  Are you seriously that stupid making that parallel?

Bawahaha!

How does it feel to showcase such stupidity?  We have a dork fan with a lame board name bashing a rookie draft pick at qb, and he cannot probably admit that has sucked in 4 straight afc title games.

Like you.

They hypocrisy and attempts to deflect from that, now hammering 2nd rd pick garroppolo by calling "crappolo" is embarrassing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lol.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like Brady and Mankins?

Verbal diarrhea!!

[/QUOTE]

I go by what i see.  Within a pattern for years, both brady and mankins performed worse in the postsesson after being given a raise.

These are facts.

Meanwhile, garroppolo is a rookie, 3 days into camp.  Are you seriously that stupid making that parallel?

Bawahaha!

How does it feel to showcase such stupidity?  We have a dork fan with a lame board name bashing a rookie draft pick at qb, and he cannot probably admit that has sucked in 4 straight afc title games.

Like you.

They hypocrisy and attempts to deflect from that, now hammering 2nd rd pick garroppolo by calling "crappolo" is embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, hypocrisy defines you to a T.

Somewhere in your life (probably at birth) your brain matter was replaced with fecal matter.

I didn't make any parallel other than YOU having the audacity to say some SUPPOSED fans have to call out a couple of players.

Learn to read.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The kid played a lot in cold weather cities in college.  Does anyone know whether he suffered from fumblitis?  If he did, it is something to watch.

[/QUOTE]

I've read mixed things. I've heard his hands don't affect his spirals, but I have read the fumbling issue could be a concern.  Here's what ESPN said:

Good: Garoppolo is as confident as any of this year's quarterback prospects who came from bigger programs. His game is based on timing and smarts. When watching him on tape, his quick release stands out the most. Garoppolo has good vision and anticipation, which leads to fast decisions. He has enough athleticism to escape the pocket and buy more time. ESPN's Bill Polian predicts Garoppolo will be a first-round pick.

Bad: He doesn't have an elite arm, which shows up in a lack of velocity on certain throws. Garoppolo's height and body size are good, but not ideal, for an NFL quarterback. His gunslinger mentality shows up when he forces passes in tight windows. Garoppolo needs to protect the ball better. He had the second highest fumble percentage of top quarterback prospects in the 2014 class, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like Brady and Mankins?

Verbal diarrhea!!

[/QUOTE]

These are facts.

Bawahaha!

Like you.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Somewhere in your life (probably at birth) your brain matter was replaced with fecal matter.

[/QUOTE]

Clearly, without you able to counter, this signals that you've been bludgeoned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Me being disappointed with mankins and brady's recent postseason as they take all the high praise from an apparent blind, gushing media, is not only well founded, it is a true reaction to that reality.

Meanwhile, garroppolo just got here.

For pezzy to defend the moron person who started this thread is par for the course.  Lmao

Morons leading morons in pink brady jerseys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

LMAO dude seriously... like are you forreal.. He's a ROOKIE Qb in the NFL playing on a team with on of the hardest offensive systems to learn (supposedly). Also on a team that demands excellence too.

If you think we wasted a 2nd round pick, go watch some of the Jaguars preseason and see how bad the #3 pick Bortles will look. Or Bridgewater or Carr or even Johnny Foot.

seriously man this is too funny.

playing QB in th NFL is the hardest position yet after 3 freaking practices you are ripping him a new one, amazing.

lose the animosity over this pick and let it play out. if 3-4 years from now he sucks, they have at it 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like Brady and Mankins?

Verbal diarrhea!!

[/QUOTE]

These are facts.

Bawahaha!

Like you.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Clearly, without you able to counter, this signals that you've been bludgeoned.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Counter what?

Your verbal diarrhea caused from fecal brain matter?

Try kao.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Me being disappointed with mankins and brady's recent postseason as they take all the high praise from an apparent blind, gushing media, is not only well founded, it is a true reaction to that reality.

For pezzy to defend the moron person who started this thread is par for the course.  Lmao

[object HTMLDivElement]

Didn't even mention Crapola, other than what's in your head,  just your ignorant, ironic statement.

Learn to read.

Try Kao

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Didn't even mention Crapola, other than what's in your head,  just your ignorant, ironic statement.

Learn to read.

Try Kao

[/QUOTE]

You supporting the pink hat who started this thread means you support his comments.

You are also too dumb to see you made a manky/brady comparison with my complaints and his.

Pee your pants funny watching you stalk me, only to see you make a fool of yourself on a sunday morning?

Fun time at the olive garden last night with the kiddies?

Bawhaha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LMAO dude seriously... like are you forreal.. He's a ROOKIE Qb in the NFL playing on a team with on of the hardest offensive systems to learn (supposedly). Also on a team that demands excellence too.

If you think we wasted a 2nd round pick, go watch some of the Jaguars preseason and see how bad the #3 pick Bortles will look. Or Bridgewater or Carr or even Johnny Foot.

seriously man this is too funny.

playing QB in th NFL is the hardest position yet after 3 freaking practices you are ripping him a new one, amazing.

lose the animosity over this pick and let it play out. if 3-4 years from now he sucks, they have at it 

[/QUOTE]

It is embarrassing is what it is.  I am embarrassed that this is how some of our online fans are.

They are also the first ones to run away when the afc title game ends and brady yet again didn't show up.

Not a coincidence.

Ironically, if brady continues to underperform in title game, this kid may be the one getting the keys to the car.

Brady's scouting report was not all that great either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I absolutely love what the Pats have done in free agency and the draft,(especially if Easley can stay healthy), with ONE exception--drafting Jimmy Crapalo with the second pick-the guy is lost and looks like he's just giddy to be on the team? Brian Hoyer would be a huge upgrade over this smuck-what a downer to take this guy in the 2nd. The guy has fumbled and thrown more interceptions in 3 days than Mallet did all of his rookie year-I say with conviction that  this "bum" will be out of the league in 3/4 years! Another move where BB outsmarts himself? Listen I'm a big BB supporter-but this pick was a head scratch-er then and still is. Sorry but I'm not a believer and I know he's a rookie, but you can have the fastest delivery in the game but when you throw to the other teams guys(defense), more than your own what does accuracy matter?

[/QUOTE]

Based upon what they were saying on the NFL Network this morning, I guess you could say that same thing about Cleveland's pick.  Face it, rookie QBs are going to make mistakes.  Honestly, if Garoppolo came in and lit up this defense, I'd be much more concerned...for our defense! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please Brady, let it go.      Draft is done and it is what it is.  Give the young man a shot.  Am saving this and expect you to own up when he replaces the old QB.  

Btw. Tb is getting intercepted too much so far.   Does that make him a stiff??

Always Right.....at least in my mind

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is truly amazing that everyone did not see this years ago. 10 years ago he couldnt make the cut here and he still cant! You would think he would be shining after all those years of preparation.

Good catch. Too bad you were not able to tell BB before he blindly took this guy. But maybe you should call him and let him know. If he didnt see it 10 years ago he is surely blind to this player's first few days in the pros.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Again, where did I support anyone, fecal matter for brains?

Just calling out your diarrhea.

And it was Red Lobster.

The steak with the crab chunks and garlic better sauce is pretty good.  Nothing like back home, but  it is what it is.  Kids and wife had the build your own combo.

Now, what were you spewing about some SUPPOSED fans calling out one or two players, again?

Try to stay on track.  I know it's hard considering your limited solid matter.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Learn to read.

Try Kao

[/QUOTE]

You supporting the pink hat who started this thread means you support his comments.

You are also too dumb to see you made a manky/brady comparison with my complaints and his.

Pee your pants funny watching you stalk me, only to see you make a fool of yourself on a sunday morning?

Fun time at the olive garden last night with the kiddies?

Bawhaha

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts