Hear JAllen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Hear JAllen

Is taking a visit here along with visiting 4 other teams. Definitely not returning to Minny, he is looking forward to moving on and gauging his value in free agency

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Hear JAllen

Would love to see him in a Pats uni.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Would love to see him in a Pats uni.

Me too. But they have to make him a very good offer. If they low ball him and give him the ring s..t ! He will be out the door as fast as he came in. It has nothing to do with being negative it's the reality of the NFL these days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nink

i hope he teaches Chandler how to beat a double.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

+1

but true is gonna give us that PFF rating that claims Nink is god vs. the run

but next season we will have Hightower and MAyo as run stoppers so the DL can worry about their real job- PASS RUSH

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'll get excited when and if he signs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I'll get excited when and if he signs.

+1

But in order for him to sign here, he's got to visit...so step 1 can't hurt!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

He is #1 on my realistic FA wish list!  I really hope this works out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I hope they can make it happen. He would help the pass rush and take some pressure off Jones and Nink.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How old is he now? I like him - wish we traded for him two years ago - I love the way he battles through blocks to get to the QB. I'd like to see him here. We run so many different fronts I think he would fit in here fine....can't picture Mannning sitting back there comfortable with him and Chandler coming off the edge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

+1

but next season we will have Hightower and MAyo as run stoppers so the DL can worry about their real job- PASS RUSH

Lol, actually claiming something to be, is different then if it actually is. For example, some fktards could CLAIM the Patriots are only good because of Tom Brady. Other fktards could claim Tom Brady is the root of all our problems. Neither is true, it is just a proclamation without merit. Stating a player had the best rating against the run for all DE's in the last 5 years is a fact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Lol, actually claiming something to be, is different then if it actually is. For example, some fktards could CLAIM the Patriots are only good because of Tom Brady. Other fktards could claim Tom Brady is the root of all our problems. Neither is true, it is just a proclamation without merit. Stating a player had the best rating against the run for all DE's in the last 5 years is a fact.

you're right it is a fact. but the pass rush doesnt produce and I think you cannot deny Allen would be a better rusher than Nink. thats all. I like Nink, he's a good player but he and Chandler are overused with no sub DEs and Allen would take a ton of pressure off the two to produce.

also agree that brady doesnt totally carry us nor cause all our problems.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

+1

You're absolutely right truechamp, it's not all on one guy, it's on all these guys..

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth (psrt two)

Gaffney (part two)

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

Leon Washington

^^^^^^^Could you give us the ratings from that stupid website you call the bible, on all these guys? Could you do that for us truechamp?

I could walk into a taco bell and have a 15 year old kid throw darts at random free agent names blind folded, and it would turn out better than that pile of hot garbage listed above. That is the honest to God's truth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

you're right it is a fact. but the pass rush doesnt produce and I think you cannot deny Allen would be a better rusher than Nink. thats all. I like Nink, he's a good player but he and Chandler are overused with no sub DEs and Allen would take a ton of pressure off the two to produce.

also agree that brady doesnt totally carry us nor cause all our problems.

Agree 100%. Really wish BB had signed Big John Abraham last year, it would have been a perfect fit and he was in our house but no deal reached. 10 sacks or so as a situational pass rusher last year = perfect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Agree 100%. Really wish BB had signed Big John Abraham last year, it would have been a perfect fit and he was in our house but no deal reached. 10 sacks or so as a situational pass rusher last year = perfect.

yes same. I really thought Abe would be a Pat last year and jsut never happened sadly.

Hopefully BB brings in someone whether its Allen or Tuck, just someone of that nature to help out a ton

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I wonder, in the Pats system I always thought the DL's first responsibility was run stuffing. Not pass rushing. The Pats have also been a read and react type of D along the line which ,to me, is the polar opposite of a penetrating, gap shooting, pass rush first D. Anybody care to comment?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

+1

You're absolutely right truechamp, it's not all on one guy, it's on all these guys..

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth (psrt two)

Gaffney (part two)

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

Leon Washington

^^^^^^^Could you give us the ratings from that stupid website you call the bible, on all these guys? Could you do that for us truechamp?

I could walk into a taco bell and have a 15 year old kid throw darts at random free agent names blind folded, and it would turn out better than that pile of hot garbage listed above. That is the honest to God's truth.

I think this shows the reason the Pats have not won more Rings during Toms reign in NE. Very nice listing BTW. I like BB as a game coach but his drafting and free agent signings have been average if not downright bad! Sometimes you can be too smart for your own good and allow EGO to get in the way--BB needed and still does a person whos strenthg is evaluating talent! I for one am tired of thes older past their prime free agents and also trading DOWN to aquire more 3rd, 4th round picks where the talent drops off!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This thread should be titled The anyone but Dink thread.  Our blood lust for a REAL DE is a direct result of that shlub doing absolutly nothing in any game that actually mattered.  Hopefully people out there are starting to catch up with me on this one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

QUOTE]

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth (psrt two)

Gaffney (part two)

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

Leon Washington

Delta O'Neil, I just got douchechills. Then again he still plays for us under the alias Arrington.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I wonder, in the Pats system I always thought the DL's first responsibility was run stuffing. Not pass rushing. The Pats have also been a read and react type of D along the line which ,to me, is the polar opposite of a penetrating, gap shooting, pass rush first D. Anybody care to comment?

You are 1000% correct

thats why Allen or anyone like him has to accept a role as a sub player with a salary reflecting this role

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

IMO, VW (at his best) basically accomplishes both run stuffing and pocket collapsing.  He, however, is the exception to the BB mold.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Yes.  But when teams pass nearly 60% of the time and the key to sustaining drives is being able to execute an efficient passing game with a decent completion rate, few sacks, and good average yardage per pass play, you have to wonder about the old-fashioned "run first" defense.  You need run stuffers for sure, but you also need a defense that can disrupt the passing game. 

I think a "read and react" defense can still work, but I also think you need the ability to attack a bit nowadays and maybe the Pats haven't emphasized pressure enough.  In the AFC Championship game this year, the lack of ability to get any pressure at all on Manning was a serious problem for the Pats.  The contrast between what the Pats' D line did and what Seattle's did was obvious if you watched the two games.  Having guys like Clemons and Avril and Bennett who can attack and get pressure effectively really makes a difference.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth (psrt two)

Gaffney (part two)

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

Leon Washington

The honest to Gods truth is that you listed several draft picks along with your list of free agent busts. Either educate yourself on how a player came to New England or stop fabricating stuff to make your point!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth (psrt two)

Gaffney (part two)

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

Leon Washington

The honest to Gods truth is that you listed several draft picks along with your list of free agent busts. Either educate yourself on how a player came to New England or stop fabricating stuff to make your point!

Ever wish you had the Comments from here prior to the drafts to see what was said about these draftees and who said them.  Bet they were not all negative until they were released.

just thinking. Lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Given the Pats D, in spite of the spate of injuries that plagued it last season, kept its head above water for the most part be attractive to Allen?  Could Allen see this in the D and with a healthy group in 2014, plus his being part of it, give him an excellent chance at a SB ring?  Could that be the tipping point to him being a Patriot in 2014? 

Sections
Shortcuts