Heard a rumor on WFAN Radio Freeney a Jet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

Heard a rumor on WFAN Radio Freeney a Jet?

Jets are working on a deal for Dwight Freeney? Anyone heard the same in NE?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Heard a rumor on WFAN Radio

No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Heard a rumor on WFAN Radio Freeney a Jet?

nope, but Freeney has a huge contract not sure how they could fit him in for this year and next. Besides Freeney is a 43 DE doesn't make much sense for the Jets who run almost exclusively a 34 to pick him up unless they are gravely concerned that Wilkerson won't be able to generate any type of pass rush this year. Stranger things have happened though so I wouldn't rule it out.

I think it's more of the NY media hoping to pick up a top flight pass rusher after seeing that their DL alone might have issues getting to the QB this year. And, by that I mean even with Dal's swiss hole OL and a QB that should be named twinkle toes the way he panics they had trouble putting consistent pressure on Romo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

Jets had 4 sacks last night. then disappeared in the 2nd half. You're right, stranger things have happened.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Heard a rumor on WFAN Radio Freeney a Jet?:
    [QUOTE]A one dimensional 4-3 DE playing 3-4 now in his career for that money? Also, when have we seen a trade after Week 1 in the NFL?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Moss to the Vikings? Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Freeney has always struck me as a class act.  Doesn't really seem like a good fit for the Jets. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

I'll never forget the beatdown that Freeney gave my high school football team...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets are dumb enough to overpay for an aging star.  Does the name "LaDanian Tomlinson" ring a bell?  It helps to sell seat licenses to the really stupid NYJ fans. 

From what I've seen so far, the Jets front office should pack it in for the year.  A Freeney will help but the Jets still might not make the playoffs, and they certainly won't beat NE for the hat and T-shirt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

If this rumor has even a hint of truth to it, that's a clear indication that Indy has already decided to "punt" on this Peyton-less season and is taking square aim at securing a top five pick in the draft next year.

Polian's usually had great success picking that high, and taking a pass on 2011 would guarantee him a shot to pick that high again.

Of course, an organization with any self respect and pride would still give 100% effort every week, Manning or not; but then again, in this case we're talking about Captain Competition Committee, that known choker of press box interns, aren't we?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets are dumb enough to overpay for an aging star.  Does the name "LaDanian Tomlinson" ring a bell?  It helps to sell seat licenses to the really stupid NYJ fans.  From what I've seen so far, the Jets front office should pack it in for the year.  A Freeney will help but the Jets still might not make the playoffs, and they certainly won't beat NE for the hat and T-shirt.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

I think it would be a little dumb to consider such a trade, personally, but I don't quite get the Tomlinson reference.  I think Kris Jenkins would be a better fit.  I thought LT was decent for them last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No reason he couldn't play a 3-4 OLB.  Saw Mario Williams dominate the colts yesterday in a role he was not supposed to be capable of playing.

That said, I'll believe the trade when I see it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Can you imagine Freeney at DE in a 3-4? lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You know he does well there in Madden.  Madden doesn't seem to get 3-4 DE v 4-3 DE.  Maybe it's just Madden 06.  But all the subsequent Maddens sucked.