Heartbreaker: Same Old Song And Dance For Peyton Manning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lsulifer86. Show lsulifer86's posts

Heartbreaker: Same Old Song And Dance For Peyton Manning

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/heartbreaker-same-old-song-and-dance-for-peyton-manning/20801/

Pats winning the SB this year should cement the baseless discussion we have had for a long time on who's the better QB..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Heartbreaker: Same Old Song And Dance For Peyton Manning

I'll give you this.  Brady's as good a front runner as there is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Good article.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

The Manning/Brady discussion is over already, Brady has the most Playoff wins ever, Manning is tied for the most losses. I'm not sure what else needs to be said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The guy just falls apart when the pressure really mounts.  Crucial moments in crucial games bring out the worst in him.  All QBs have failed at times, but Manning has made a habit of it.  I really believe that the reason why Denver was so ridiculously conservative on Saturday was because 'Ol Gomer was totally froze out and they didn't trust him to make an accurate throw.  Heck, I don't think he trusted himself to make throws in that 2nd hald.  They played not to lose and it cost them.  Win or lose this weekend, I'm so thankful that we have Tom Brady as our QB.  Greatest ever, and Montana is the only name that even belongs in the conversation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This might sound silly to most, but if I have a good all around team that can get to the dance I'd rather have Eli as my QB than Peyton. Frankly, Eli has had the balls to put together the drives needed to win when the spot light is brightest. In all of Peytons career I can only think of 1 time (06' AFCCG) in which Peyton actually lead his team back late in a game to win in the postseason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This might sound silly to most, but if I have a good all around team that can get to the dance I'd rather have Eli as my QB than Peyton. Frankly, Eli has had the balls to put together the drives needed to win when the spot light is brightest. In all of Peytons career I can only think of 1 time (06' AFCCG) in which Peyton actually lead his team back late in a game to win in the postseason.

No silly at all.  I completely agree.  I actually think it would be silly the choose Peyton over Eli heading into a playoff game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

By the way, I just took the time to read the article that was linked in the OP.  It is very much worth the read.  The author does a great job of highlighting Peyton's playoff career.  My favorite quote was, "Elvis is the King of Rock, and Peyton is the King of the One-and-Done."  Awesome.  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I will give you this: Peyton Manning is just not one of the great QBs in cold weather. Nor is he one of the great QBs in post season play. Those things he has proven with his lifetime of mediocre performances.

With all that, with proving that some of the specialness of his numbers are becuae he played in a dome, he can't be in the top 5 of all time. Clealry at least Montana, Unitas, Brady, Graham, and Starr are simply better. And you can make a case for some others maybe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

The guy just falls apart when the pressure really mounts.  Crucial moments in crucial games bring out the worst in him.  All QBs have failed at times, but Manning has made a habit of it.  I really believe that the reason why Denver was so ridiculously conservative on Saturday was because 'Ol Gomer was totally froze out and they didn't trust him to make an accurate throw.  Heck, I don't think he trusted himself to make throws in that 2nd hald.  They played not to lose and it cost them.  Win or lose this weekend, I'm so thankful that we have Tom Brady as our QB.  Greatest ever, and Montana is the only name that even belongs in the conversation.

He just is not as sharp in cold weather. Playing outdoors at playoff time in a cold weather city affects his game enough to show that he is in some part overhyped due to his dome and good weather stats.

And yes, in big games he is not as clutch. He is NOT Tony Romo. But he is not Tom Brady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vpindi. Show vpindi's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree. If Reche Caldwell catches that 3 and 4 (with out deer eyes in the headlight look), Pats would have closed the game and Brady would have got his 4th ring against lowly bears lead by Rex Grossman!

I like the below article on that!

http://www.bostonsbettah.com/?p=3070

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Thread fail!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to CornHole12's comment:

Thread fail!!!

life fail

Sections
Shortcuts