Heavy rain and wind expected for Monday Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Heavy rain and wind expected for Monday Night

http://chowderandchampions.com/2012/12/05/heavy-rain-wind-likely-for-monday-night-in-foxboro/

Obviously, weather reports are wrong like 75% of the time. Should this hold true, it'll make for an interesting game.

Love bad weather games. Hope it's true.

30+run plays

20+ targets for Welker

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Heavy rain and wind expected for Monday Night

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://chowderandchampions.com/2012/12/05/heavy-rain-wind-likely-for-monday-night-in-foxboro/

Obviously, weather reports are wrong like 75% of the time. Should this hold true, it'll make for an interesting game.

30+run plays

20+ targets for Welker

[/QUOTE]

favors texans

[/QUOTE]

Besides the obvious, why do you say that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, been watching the forecast.  Flying down for the game. Actually hoping it's not quite so bad.  Third deck will be miserable if it's 45, windy, and raining hard.  But regardless, I'll be there and stick it out till the end . . . loud the whole time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

30+run plays

20+ targets for Welker

[/QUOTE]

favors texans

[/QUOTE]

Explain how it favors the team that plays indoors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

fail doublepost.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

30+run plays

20+ targets for Welker

[/QUOTE]

favors texans

[/QUOTE]

Besides the obvious, why do you say that?

[/QUOTE]

like u said the obvious...i think texans D will have trouble-at least at first-slowing down pats offense and sloppy will be better for that

[/QUOTE]

But if it's sloppy, doesn't that take away the Texan's deep threat? Won't the running game be more of an emphasis? Bolden's suspension is over. The Pats have a bit of a three headed monster in Ridley, Bolden and Woodhead. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

favors texans

[/QUOTE]

Huh? What?  You are crazy!

Texans a dome team, Patriots play lights out in bad weather, Chicago, Titans come to mind right away.  I hope its terrible weather, Schaub will be horrible, Foster will get shut down Pats will keep on rolling through the air and on the ground.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

30+run plays

20+ targets for Welker

[/QUOTE]

watch them do the exact opposite....go on an air assault....lol

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I hate to agree with Jints but he's right. We had a ton of advantages going into the game, Hou's 3rd road game in a row, they've had 2 OT time games go down to the last min forcing them to play essentially half and extra game in a month, them a dome team, and all their injures at LB. If the weather was just cold game it would heavily favor the Pats but a wind, cold, rainy, sloppy game actually might work in Hou's favor because it will lower the Pats original advantage limiting what they could do while partially minimizing Hou's set backs allowing them to use their greatest weapon, Foster, to a higher level.

Honestly you wouldn't think it would be an advantage to Hou but this kind of sloppy game brings Hou closer to NE not further away given the previous advantages NE had

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

30+run plays

20+ targets for Welker

[/QUOTE]

favors texans

[/QUOTE]

LOL....not surprised by that assumption but I can mention a number of points where the Pats are favored under those conditions.

1. Diverse offense utilizes a wide variations in the short passing game....ie Vereen as a receiver.

2. Heavy emphasis on the TE

3. Spead the ball out ......get more players involved.

Texans.

1. You have Foster and Johnson and a so so TE.

2. BB will take Foster out of the game and force Johnson to beat him and if thats the case the bad weather plays perfectly into the Pats hands.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

All we need is a little wind to take Johnson out........the run D stops Foster and this ones a rap with Brady picking them apart with short passing the wind can't affect.

Pats 31, Hou 24

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Anyone who thinks bad weather will favor a dome team is on crack. I've never seen bad weather hinder Brady and the air attack....and isn't it harder on DBs trying to cover WRs when the footing isn't as good?

We need to worry about stopping Foster, and containing Watt (somewhat). If we do that, we win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

What bad weather? As of today, Thursday, local Boston forecast saying showers and no mention of wind Monday night......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks bad weather will favor a dome team is on crack. I've never seen bad weather hinder Brady and the air attack....and isn't it harder on DBs trying to cover WRs when the footing isn't as good?

We need to worry about stopping Foster, and containing Watt (somewhat). If we do that, we win.

[/QUOTE]

To me at least it's not that bad weather favors Hou but that because of all of the other disadvantages coming into the game bad weather hurts Hou less then it hurts NE potentially. But, if you took it without all the other disadvantages then yes the bad weather by itself should hurt Hou much more so then NE 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I think the Pats will play well regardless of the weather.

That said, the Texans are not the Peyton Manning Dome Colts.  They went into Chicago when the Bears were playing well and beat them at night, in the rain, wind, and cold.  It's silly to think they can't win outside in the elements.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me at least it's not that bad weather favors Hou but that because of all of the other disadvantages coming into the game bad weather hurts Hou less then it hurts NE potentially. But, if you took it without all the other disadvantages then yes the bad weather by itself should hurt Hou much more so then NE 

[/QUOTE]

If the weather is wet it slows down the pass rush.  Watt didn't do anything against Chicago because of it.  I think that's a bigger win for NE than anything it does for Houston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Good weather, bad weather, doesn't really matter. If it's really windy, that could cause some havoc with the passing game. I'm sounding like broken record here, but if the pats can establish the running game, victory will be ours!

Go Pats!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the weather is wet it slows down the pass rush.  Watt didn't do anything against Chicago because of it.  I think that's a bigger win for NE than anything it does for Houston.

[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it is because it's their 3rd road game in a row along with how much time they have already spent on the field the last month they are already going to be tired. So, feel free to kill me for a bad analogy but it's like we're getting ready for a race but Hou has a broken toe because of everything leading up to the race. Now the bad weather is like both teams breaking a toe so NE has 1 broken and Hou has 2 broken. Now that 2nd toe is going to hurt them but not nearly as much as NE getting it's first simply because Hou was already hurting before coming into the game to begin with

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

As of right now, it looks like they are backing off of the rain prediction.  Probably just going to be a little wind, and also un-seasonably warm for a December night game.  I don't think the weather will even be a factor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I think fans overreact to adverse weather conditions too much. It doesn't affect most teams (especially top tier teams) as much as many believe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

30+run plays

20+ targets for Welker

[/QUOTE]

favors texans

[/QUOTE]

Dome teams from the south love playing in cold windy weather....not! Pats play great in terrible weather and Tom keeps chucking it in wind, rain, or snow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's Thursday, weather reports 24 hours out are OK, 48 hours out not so much.  4 days... might as well guess.

Sections
Shortcuts