Hello all, long time lurker here!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1naFstaP. Show 1naFstaP's posts

Hello all, long time lurker here!

Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker and on the eve of the biggest game of the year I decided to finally join in the discussions.  Looking forward to sharing my thoughts and enjoy the run to the Super bowl with everyone.

This game tomorrow is going to be very interesting.  While my heart and mind thinks it is going to be a solid win for the Patriots, history against the Ravens shows otherwise.  The way the Patriots are playing right now they are the best all around team the Patriots organization has put on the field since a very long time ago.  You might disagree with Gronkowski being out but they have done very well this season while he has been out.  As for the defense, I like what I have seen the last half of the season, especially with Talib playing and McCorty playing safety.

While I really feel the Patriots are going to win by a 2 td margin, I feel much safer going on record saying Patriots by 10.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Hello all, long time lurker here!

welcome aboard 1 ! Look forward to your input.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 1naFstaP's comment:

Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker and on the eve of the biggest game of the year I decided to finally join in the discussions.  Looking forward to sharing my thoughts and enjoy the run to the Super bowl with everyone.

This game tomorrow is going to be very interesting.  While my heart and mind thinks it is going to be a solid win for the Patriots, history against the Ravens shows otherwise.  The way the Patriots are playing right now they are the best all around team the Patriots organization has put on the field since a very long time ago.  You might disagree with Gronkowski being out but they have done very well this season while he has been out.  As for the defense, I like what I have seen the last half of the season, especially with Talib playing and McCorty playing safety.

While I really feel the Patriots are going to win by a 2 td margin, I feel much safer going on record saying Patriots by 10.

1naFstaP,
    nice to see you on here 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to 1naFstaP's comment:

Well spoken and welcome!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Always good to get the perspective of another Pats fan, 1naF, welcome aboard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think the game is either very close or a blow out... the Ravens are riding a wave of emotion to enhance their play... if the emotion works early than it boosts them up later and the game stays close. If the Pats get off quickly then the emotion deflates and the game is not close. If the game is close it will come down to who EXECUTES in the 4th quarter. The signs point to this being the Pats as the Ravens are old and played alot of football in the last 15 days. However, at that point it could go either way. I believe in the end the Pats will win and they will EXECUTE today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

If the Patriots do not turn the ball over they should win. I know it sounds cliche' but I honestly believe it to be the truth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to IraqSteve's comment:

If the Patriots do not turn the ball over they should win. I know it sounds cliche' but I honestly believe it to be the truth.

I have to agree with you.  Cliche or no, I believe it's the key to the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

welcome aboard, definitely good thoughts. A well spoken person is always welcome

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mainer4Pats. Show Mainer4Pats's posts

Inspired by 1's post, I too am a long time lurker joining in today. 

With the close games these 2 teams have played recently, I should be thinking it will be another close one.  However, for some reason, I am feeling very confident for today.  I see a close game going into the second half, and then the Ravens defense getting worn down as the game wears on.  I see (and hope for!) a 2 touchdown win for the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I also agree with the folks who say turnovers will be key.  If we do what we usually do, that is win the turnover battle by 1, then we should be all set and win comfortably.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

welcome you too Mainer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Bonjour!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to Mainer4Pats' comment:

With the close games these 2 teams have played recently, I should be thinking it will be another close one.  However, for some reason, I am feeling very confident for today.  I see a close game going into the second half, and then the Ravens defense getting worn down as the game wears on.  I see (and hope for!) a 2 touchdown win for the Pats.

Welcome to the new guys! Let's talk some pats. I have Atlanta and Pats today. Running QB'S turn the ball over. Let's roll Maty Ice and Tom Brady. 

Atlatna 24 17

Pats 36 22

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Welcome aboard!

The Chili is cooking and 6:30 can't come soon enuf...

Awfully tired of Lamestreet's love fest with the Ray Leis drama too...

Great LB no doubt  blah blah blah but when is enuf...enuf? Jeesh!

Oh and we're gonna get a chance to see if Flaco is half  as good as his agent thinks he is...

Onward!   GO PATS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Always nice to get some new input. Clever use of backward letters, PatsFan1! Welcome Mainer, 8 hours and counting!Go Pats!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Its funny, but I sit in my room (over here) watching the games and constantly say aloud to the TV "do your job".  BB has said that over and over but it rings so true for the Patriots. 

I picture Baltimore fans saying "we need a big game from Ray Rice" whereas as a Pats fan I don't think they "need a big game" from any player.  If they all just do their job and execute, not turn the ball over, etc. They win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Welcome to the board both of you long time lurkers!  It's nice to have the board grow with good Patriots fans.  Looking forward to hearing more from you both.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree with the origanal post. I'm surprised at all the people saying the loss of Gronk will kill us, do they not know we have been playing without him for six weeks now? I mean we are a much better team with Gronk, but this happens to every team.

I remember us making it to the Super Bowl when Law and Seymore went down. We had to go into Pittsburgh with Jarvis Green filling in for Seymore and there was a time when Law I think missed the entire post season (I believe we won the Super Bowl that year).

I like our chances better with Gronk, but we are playing at home...we are playing well. We are reasonably healthy otherwise. We have as much - if not more weapons on offense this year - compared to last year when we beat them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1naFstaP. Show 1naFstaP's posts

Thank you all for the warm welcome's.  Very excited for this game today.  Feeling pretty good about it.  I think last years Super Bowl loss has this team hungry to get back to the big game and try to win that Lombardi trophy again.  Playing at home and the hunger to get back will play a big role today.  I expect a fast start on offense today due to thes two things. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

I agree with your origanal post. Welcome and don't wait------- to jump in with your thought's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Welcome to the new guys! Let's talk some pats. I have Atlanta and Pats today. Running QB'S turn the ball over. Let's roll Maty Ice and Tom Brady. 

Atlatna 24 17

Pats 36 22

Welcome.

Are you saying the Ravens score a safety? That would scare me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Atlatna 24 17

Pats 36 22

Welcome.

Are you saying the Ravens score a safety? That would scare me.

One missed PAT, two TD's and three field goals. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Atlatna 24 17

Pats 36 22

Yes, those would be my picks as well. Scores there are solid too, but I might say 27-19 Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts