Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

The media are hyping the discussion who is a better quarterback between Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers. The same media hyped the argument of Peyton Manning we all know the answer to that one now it is Aaron Roger The discussion was between Skip, Kordell Stewart Terrell Suggs and we all know how the last two dispised (Terrell Suggs and Kordell stewards) Tom because of jealousy and envy. I think Kordell still mad at the playoff loss years ago and Suggs is jealousy.either are very good but anyway I will take Tom at anytime Skip even made a valid point thtah in the history of the game Tom is the only QB with anonymous MVP voting you can see Kordell face that he was just simply jealous of Tom and the Patriot Organization he even said that Rogers will go undefeated. When we all this media learn? Kordell even said that he has not seen any QB playing at Roger level. Is he saying that Tom is not on Rogers level? That is when I knew both Suggs and Kordell are simply jealous of Brady and patriots that's all it is. What is your take.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

Who the hell is Erin Rodgers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

This is a pointless thread.  Both are excellent players.  I'd imagine Patriots fans will pick Brady and Packers fans will pick Rodgers.  Patriots fans should be satisfied with the fact that when TB eventually hangs up his cleats he will be considered one of the greatest of all time.  Some will rank him the best and others up there but not quite #1, but in the end does it really matter?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Rodgers is a little light in the hardware side of the conversation. Brady been doing this for over 10 years. These fools make me laugh. 

There were comnparisons of Brady and Montana early in his career. many said we needed to wait till TB had played for a while. No there is a legit argument over who is better... Is Rodger in that conversation???? The short and long answer is NO !!! he is NOT !! next topic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Kordell even said that he believe that Rogers will win more superbowl that Brady I am like this guy is probably naive or he just dont know what he is talking about I was surprised that Suggs defended Brady that he does not think that he will more Hardware than Tom

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Vick vs Brady
    Manning vs Brady
    Rivers vs Brady
    Brees vs Brady
     and now Rodgers vs Brady

When you are the common denominator over the years for QB comparison then there really is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well I'm going to have to split this answer into 3 parts:

If I had to pick in the prime of their careers I'd take Brady
    If I had to pick as of today I'd take Brady
    If I had to take one for the next 6 years I'd take Rodgers

The reason I'd take Rodgers over Brady for the next 6 years is simple, age. Rodgers is in his prime and can give you top end numbers throughout the next 6 years. Brady might give you 6 years of great numbers or only 3 more years before he starts to tail off. Other then simple age I'd take Brady every time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers:
    Vick vs Brady Manning vs Brady Rivers vs Brady Brees vs Brady  and now Rodgers vs Brady When you are the common denominator over the years for QB comparison then the really is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.
    Posted by Rerun85

Bingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You sure like to talk about ESPN a lot for someone who claims to hate it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Well I'm going to have to split this answer into 3 parts: If I had to pick in the prime of their careers I'd take Brady If I had to pick as of today I'd take Brady If I had to take one for the next 6 years I'd take Rodgers The reason I'd take Rodgers over Brady for the next 6 years is simple, age. Rodgers is in his prime and can give you top end numbers throughout the next 6 years. Brady might give you 6 years of great numbers or only 3 more years before he starts to tail off. Other then simple age I'd take Brady every time
    Posted by PatsEng

This post is correct.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

At this point in their careers, if I am an owner, I take Rodgers because he is younger and cheaper (as of right now).  Yes, i think Brady is better, and will have a better career, but thinking of the future, I take Rodgers.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Well, with the Alien Forhead out, the media has a lot of time to fill on useless, meaningless twaddle.

When Tom started his career, the rules for the defense were a lot looser than the are now.  Rogers benefits from a league more concerned with QB and receiver protection than at anytime in the NFL's history.

It's like trying to say if Marino, Fouts, Bradshaw compare with today's QBs.  Those guys played under rules that allowed receivers to be bumped & blocked throughout the pattern, and defenders were paid bounties for knocking the QB down. 

Will Roger's numbers be higher than Brady's when Rogers retires?  If he stays healthy, possibly so.  Will he win as many SuperBowls?  Maybe, because at this point in time, there isn't as many strong teams in the NFC, although it looks like the 49ers & Detroit are coming on. And the ACF teams are getting older like the Pats & Colts. 

In my mind, Fouts was the greatest QB during his day, he just never had a defense.  Marino's career started before Fouts' ended, so he may have been the greatest QB of his day.   

People will point to Bradshaw, Aikman, Staughbach but those guys played during the era when there was really no free agency.  They had the same players year after year. 

There are too many stats and conditions to factor in when saying someone is the "best ever".  This is tennis or boxing where you stand on your own.  It's a team sport, the loss of a center, tackle, guard, changes the time a QB has, the depth of recievers, how much time the offense is on the field. 

To me, Brady is the best of his time. He's done a lot with an ever changing core of recievers, and for the most part, a lack of a big running game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Rodgers this year has had the easiest schedule since the Pats 2008 schedule. I would take Brady because he has proen time and time again that he can play at his absolute best when the pressure is highest.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Plus the Packers are not playing anybody. Have you ever seen a SB winner with such a soft schedule the following year!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He just so happens to be the "flavor of the moment" due to how the Pack is winning and he is playing very well.  He's only really "blossomed" in the last year or so, therefore, let's see how he does over 10 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Kordell even said that he believe that Rogers will win more superbowl that Brady I am like this guy is probably naive or he just dont know what he is talking about I was surprised that Suggs defended Brady that he does not think that he will more Hardware than Tom
    Posted by akoko

Kordell also said, after the Pats had intercepted him 4 times,( AFC championship) "sometimes the best team doesn't always win."

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Aaron Rodgers has two good seasons and wins a Superbowl, congrats. Easiest schedule by far to start this year as well, who has he beaten that actually has a decent defense? Last year against the Yets, he put up 9 points, 15-34 for 170 and a rating of 59.7. Brady has gone up against superior defenses this year and he still leads the league.
    If the pats had the packers cupcake schedule, Brady would have earth shattering numbers right now, even better stats then he has now and you have to remember we played the Chargers #1 ranked D, the Yets and the Cowboys...

Is he even on Manning's level? no.

Forget about Brady's level, come back when he has 3+ Superbowl wins, multiple MVP's( regular season AND Superbowl)  and a whole book of passing records that he has broken.

Until then, Its Brady and Manning at the top of the pedestal with everyone else looking up at them, period.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady is better. Period.

Rogers has a very pedestrian 33-20 W/L record. He has thrown 30 or more TDs once. He has no MVPs, one Pro-Bowl and one SB ring and SBMVP.

He has a long long way to go to be in the conversation with Brady, all-time. But the potential is there.

Winning multiple SBs isn't easy. In two years the Pack could be a sub .500 team. Things change fast in the NFL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yea mighty I pretend to hate ESPN, maybe you just dont like being reminded what a drone you are for going all in on ESPN, maybe thats why you always feel the need to challenge me on this. Is that it Mighty? You cant figure things out unless you are told the answer by ESPN and so you dont like when I point out what a tabloid network they are? Or are you just a f ucking D bag?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Yeah we'll see who's laughing when my army of zombies retakes the Earth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

No duh.  I'm already a zombie.  Too bad you don't have any brains to eat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers:
    The media are hyping the discussion who is a better quarterback between Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers.
    Posted by akoko

Really? The media is stoopid, and if anyone believes Rodgers is even close to TB, they are stoopid. When Rodgers wins 4 SB's he and the media can claim to be better than TB.

Sections
Shortcuts