Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

In Response to Re: Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers : i will say this though: u patsies fans are consistent-every time some other qb threatens  to steal some of brady's press or pass him by it becomes a classless free-for-all against him...i remember you wank**s sh***ing a brick before last yr's superbowl because u couldn't handle the thought of Ben winning his third SB and tying the golden boy, now it's time to bash rogers with the usual whining and crying and personal attacks and questionable use of statistics...sad
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Well Roethlisberger and Rivers are both better than Eli so I would much rather be in the Pats situation than the Giants situation. Rodgers is playing great football right now but the media has no memory as usual. The 2007 Pats and the 2009 Saints were playing much more impressively after week 6 than the Packers are now. The Saints crushed an undefeated Giants team in week six sending them on a spiral downwards which they never recovered from. The Packers will not go undefeated because their defense is not that good. The weather will go bad and they will have to win a close one. The Pats had a much better defense in 2007. The 2009 Saints are a better comparison. A great offense (the Saints was better though) with a defense that lives and dies on turnovers. The Saints tried like heck to go undefeated but they could not pull it off. They did win the super bowl though, and the Packers are clearly one of the favorite to do that again this year. Brady had a 36-4 TD/Int ratio last year, the best ever, and that was not even Brady's best season. Rodgers is great but let him earn it before we annoint him the best. The Pats are 5-1 against some tough competition, it's not like Brady has played bad this year depite what people on these boards keep saying.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers : i know the media are a bunch of buffoons, especially bspn, we all know that i just get amused by the over-the-top and at times rather classless response by pats fans whenever anyone else is compared to brady or gets more attention i dont know what the hell ur first sentence means at all....

My first sentence is obvious. A Giants fan saying Rodgers is better than Brady is living in a glass house. Rodgers has been the best player in football this year and the Pats are still in a better position QB wise than the Giants are. Eli was the third best QB taken that year (I would not have mentioned it but you brought Roethlisberger up as if he was as good as Brady). If Peyton Manning or Tom Brady had that Steelers defense they would have won 5 or 6 Super Bowls by now. Roethlisberger is a teriffic player but he is not as good as Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Peyton Manning. I actually believe Rivers is better than Roethlisberger but Ben is in a great organization with great coaching while Rivers has played for Schottenheimer and Turner and an organization that seems to be happy with just making the play offs every year. Eli is a good quarterback who benefits from a great coach (I am a huge Coughlin fan from his BC days) and a very formidable defense when it's healthy. When he has to carry a team like these other QB's have had to do he has not been able to do it. Even you must realize that Eli did not deserve that MVP award. The front 7 won that game. Maybe Strahan and Tuck should have shared it. If Tyree does not make that catch or Merriweather does not drop that easy interception the 2007 Pats are considered the greatest team of all time even though the 2004 Pats were probably a better team and no one including myself thinks they are the greatest of all time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]This is a pointless thread.  Both are excellent players.  I'd imagine Patriots fans will pick Brady and Packers fans will pick Rodgers.  Patriots fans should be satisfied with the fact that when TB eventually hangs up his cleats he will be considered one of the greatest of all time.  Some will rank him the best and others up there but not quite #1, but in the end does it really matter?
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

Very well said. Agree 100%

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers : i will say this though: u patsies fans are consistent-every time some other qb threatens  to steal some of brady's press or pass him by it becomes a classless free-for-all against him...i remember you wank**s sh***ing a brick before last yr's superbowl because u couldn't handle the thought of Ben winning his third SB and tying the golden boy, now it's time to bash rogers with the usual whining and crying and personal attacks and questionable use of statistics...sad

Correction to your post;

TOM; 3   Eli 1

Which QB would you rather have?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady and Manning are in a class of their own...

When they retire, they'll probably go down as the best QBs to every play the game. 

Peyton Manning is, without a doubt, the greatest regular season QB of all-time. No one has the numbers he has in the regular season, he's the cerebral assassin from week 1-17. He keeps DCs up all night. You never want to face him and you never want to face him without a three score lead going into the fourth quarter in the regular season. 

Brady will go down as the second best post-season QB of all-time.The only way Brady surpasses Joe Montana is if Tom wins two more rings. With the way BB keeps building defenses, I don't see that happening soon. 

Brady has the clutch gene, Manning has the 'it' gene. Rodgers is nothing more than a tool, I really wish someone would smack him. 

Historically...

Montana
    Manning
    Brady...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I can't put Brady ahead of Manning because Peyton is the best in the regular season, Tom is second in the post-season. Not until Tom passes Montana in SB rings will I place him ahead of them both. Tom HAS to win two more, even though he had 19-0 and a fourth SB ring it counts for nothing. That one loss was a blemish on his record and a that's something Joe never did. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

[QUOTE]I can't put Brady ahead of Manning because Peyton is the best in the regular season, Tom is second in the post-season. Not until Tom passes Montana in SB rings will I place him ahead of them both. Tom HAS to win two more, even though he had 19-0 and a fourth SB ring it counts for nothing. That one loss was a blemish on his record and a that's something Joe never did. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Rodgers is the latest contestant in the are you as good as Brady comparison,does it never end?  I've got news for all the Brady haters he's still a better QB than Rodgers. Also for the Patriots haters who think when Brady is through the Patriots will go down hill,surprise Mallett will be just hitting his prime!!! Good luck to the haters this train will be winning long after my ultimate demise!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Aaron Rodgers has two good seasons and wins a Superbowl, congrats. Easiest schedule by far to start this year as well, who has he beaten that actually has a decent defense? Last year against the Yets, he put up 9 points, 15-34 for 170 and a rating of 59.7. Brady has gone up against superior defenses this year and he still leads the league. If the pats had the packers cupcake schedule, Brady would have earth shattering numbers right now, even better stats then he has now and you have to remember we played the Chargers #1 ranked D, the Yets and the Cowboys... Is he even on Manning's level? no. Forget about Brady's level, come back when he has 3+ Superbowl wins, multiple MVP's( regular season AND Superbowl)  and a whole book of passing records that he has broken. Until then, Its Brady and Manning at the top of the pedestal with everyone else looking up at them, period.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

This is a very good point that is being largely ignored by those in the media (and gosh, there sure are a lot of them) who are anointing the Packers the NFL's next great dynasty. It's interesting to me that there is so much hand-wringing over New England's supposedly inferior defense, and yet Green Bay's defense, considering strength of schedule, is clearly worse . . .  but somehow the Packers are an unstoppable juggernaut and the Patriots "have issues."

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

[QUOTE]That's because the NFL was easier back when Montana played. How many times is this idea can be repeated before it's accepted? It's like saying Bart Starr is better than Brady. Or Bradshaw is better than Brady. Brady needs to tie Montana, where going to 5 SBs and a whole boatload of NFL records will give Brady the clear edge, especially playing in the incredibly difficult cap era.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, Montana played back when DBs were still allowed to be within 5 yards of WRs without getting flagged....thanks Polian.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Vick vs Brady Manning vs Brady Rivers vs Brady Brees vs Brady  and now Rodgers vs Brady When you are the common denominator over the years for QB comparison then there really is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

"common denominator" = bunch of knucklehead posters who think the Pats fans are going to pick some one else

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers : On February 3, 2008? that's an easy one!   :  )

Your original post has been removed so I can no longer quote it but suffice to say you jump into a Rodgers - Brady argument talking about Roethlisberger's three super bowl appearances and insulting Patriot fans. It is not difficult to understand which side of the argument you are standing on, unless you are saying Roethlisberger is better than both of them in which case I misunderstood you and you are even more wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Stop this nonsense. I agree with you Bobby! Brady has won 3 Bowls with no name recievers and an average defense. Brady has only a few QBs in history to surpass. He already is on or better than the great Montana level and only Bart Star is left. I believe BraDY WILL GO DOWN AS THE BEST ever, WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE. LISTEN NO ONE OUTSIDE OF NE IS EVER GOING TO BE OBJECTIVE WHEN IT COMES TO BRADY-BUT IN TIME WHEN THE DUST SETTLES AND THE YEARS HAVE PAST, HE WILL GO DOWN AS THE BEST, OR IN A SMALL GROUP OF THE BEST, LET ME PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE-I GREW UP HATING ELWAY, PARTLY BECAUSE he was feared and also because he was a Bronco-anyone outside of Denver hated the guy-but he was great-well Brady is better-check out the stats-when it's said and done Elway will be well back in Bradys rear view mirror. Rodgers is not even in the discussion fo Response to Re: Hello fans. Take your pick Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers:
    [QUOTE]Brady Talk to me when you get to 4 SB'S, and its not over yet.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Rogers is the flavor of the moment. Whether he's a bonafide HOF'er taking his team to the playoffs year in and year out for 10+ years like Manning and Brady or just another guy with a few good years remains to be seen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Rodgers is a bad bet, due to concussions.  Very likely he won't play another 5 years.  Brady all the way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]Well I'm going to have to split this answer into 3 parts: If I had to pick in the prime of their careers I'd take Brady If I had to pick as of today I'd take Brady If I had to take one for the next 6 years I'd take Rodgers The reason I'd take Rodgers over Brady for the next 6 years is simple, age. Rodgers is in his prime and can give you top end numbers throughout the next 6 years. Brady might give you 6 years of great numbers or only 3 more years before he starts to tail off. Other then simple age I'd take Brady every time
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I do not see Aaron Rodgers equal to Brady career-wise, ever!  But Eng, Rodgers is better right now - Aaron Rodgers is God of QBs!

Sections
Shortcuts