Help comment on anti-Brady articles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TDoran1981. Show TDoran1981's posts

Help comment on anti-Brady articles

ESPN up to its "pats are bad guys"outine again by linking to this article.

Please help flood the comment boards with comments to expose such foolishness.

http://youcantplayhere.blogspot.com/2010/12/patriots-tom-brady-sportsmanship-and.html#comment-form

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23366/does-tom-brady-run-up-the-score

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TDoran1981. Show TDoran1981's posts

Re: Help comment on anti-Brady articles

You are right. I'm just bored at work and like to poke fools like this in the eye...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

It's called playing the game for 60 minutes...
    This is a NEW team, remember this is a "rebuilding" year. What better way to practice and get in synch with your "NEW" teamates than in LIVE action, They can not replicate the game speed in practice. THIS IS FOOTBALL let them play ... STOP them if you can..  you sorry bunch of Sore Losers...

ASO

I tried posting but didn't have or want to create an account.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

"The press only loves you on the way up" (John Lennon).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

That arrticle is dumb insinuating TB was racking up stats in garbage time. I didn't see him put up anymore TDs in the second half against the bears. BB pretty much showed lovie alot of mercy.

plus we all know that in patriot football you play the full 60 minutes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Pure, foolish journalism.  Just an attempt to resurrect the overplayed press barrage back in 07 when they were also lambasted for "running up the score." 

The same thing the Pats say now, is the same thing they said back then:  We play the game for the entire 60 minutes.  Period.  And the past two games, even the commentators have been reasonably impressed, not critical.  Even Simms, the perrenial Pats hater, said the same thing:  They play the entire duration of the game, every time.  They grind out teams to the end, but not out of disrespect.  They shut their mouths every, single season in preparation for every, single game, the way the game is supposed to be played.  They're not out to humilate anyone, but to respect the game.  Except against the Jets.  Then it becomes a story? 

Please.  None of this stuff popped up until the Pats thrased the smack talking NY Jests, a joke of a franchise under Rex Ryan.  So now they're the bad guys?
    The only story there is the one the media let slide: The new look New York Jets  had to run and hide their collectiive head while RR copped another press event by burying a game ball.

Frankly, that ball should be sitting in Canton right now, with the leather awash in white lettering, depiciting the score and a message to future loud-mouthed teams:  Shut up and play.  45-3.

If this happened under Halas, Lombardi, or even Bill Walsh this wouldn't even be a side-bar story. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Second half was Bears 7 Pats 3. Where's the running up? How's that even a thought in anybody's head?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

***YELLOW FLAG***

Unnecessary verbal roughness on ESPN! That will be a 10 yard penalty, repeat choice of article. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

i say who cares  all players  make big bucks too play it isnt bradys flaut they cant stop them and brady goes out and does his job the best he can till told other wise!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I didn't know a team is "supposed" to let up when they are winning a game big.  It is so amusing these types of articles only come out when it is the Patriots who are running roughshod over some teams, but, have we seen anything about the Bolts recent on-slaught against the Skins and 49'ers?  In each game the Bolts were ahead by 3 - 4 scores minimum at the half, so, why did they score more points in the second half?  Running it up?  No, of course not!  But, the Pats ran it up against the Bears with their field goal in the second half of their game, right?  Remember, the writers of these articles have had axes to grind against the Pats in the past, so, nothing new from them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

There is no way the Patriots can run the score up enough, especially against the loud mouth Jets.

I remember Bob Cousy calling a game when the bad boy Pistons were beating the crap out the Celtics by "running up the score."  Instead of whining about it, Cousy praised the Pistons for it.  He said something to the effect that "this is what you want to do, you want to intimidate the other team."

This is pro sports for Chrissakes.  Beating another team 45-3 isn't disrespecting the game, getting beat 45-3 is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

This is the reason I stopped paying attention to ESPN, radio/website/articles.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wait, there are anti Brady articles???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sharp105. Show Sharp105's posts

Pats football is play the entire 60 minutes of football?

If you read the article it actually makes the point that the biggest issue with that statement is that it's only true when the Pats are ahead. If it was 60 mins of football, Brady doesn't get pulled with the game still in reach in New Orleans, nor does he get pulled against the Browns this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Help comment on anti-Brady articles:
    "this is what you want to do, you want to intimidate the other team." This is pro sports for Chrissakes.  Beating another team 45-3 isn't disrespecting the game, getting beat 45-3 is.
    Posted by Norger

damn skippy, you want that team to remember and say to themselves "those Patriots handed us our aS$es out there"

the media is a stoopid anyways, any fan knows they love when their team runs the score up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Patriots' record since 2002
                                            2002-08   2009
    When Leading at Halftime        66-1     8-4
    When Leading at End of 3rd     69-1     9-4
    When leading by 10+ points     68-1     9-3
    /> /> Source: Elias Sports Bureau

2009 taught the Patriots to score more points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The lesson is...

Never let the score get close enough for the officials to affect the outcome.

Better to have people whining about running up the score than have the refs hand the game to your opponent with bogus pass interference calls or in the case or the 2007 SB non calls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I would like to see a stat on QB's playing time in the fourth quarter.  I'll bet no QB has sat more in the fourth quarter the last few years than Brady.  I've seen him sit out almost entire half's in meaningful games, I've never seen that from Manning, Brees or any other QB.

The fact that when he plays he is effective is not a surprise.  The Idea that you would pull your starters (as the statistic implies) at the 2nd half when leading by 18 or more is ludicrous. 

If the Patriots (or any other team) can score 33 points in a half then you would have to think your opponnent can do the same.  If they didn't believe that was possible than they would be disrespecting the other team.

Real simple, with a big lead, the best way to win is to get the ball and hold onto it until the clock runs out.  If that means a short pass on 3rd down than so be it.  If that means foregoing a meaningless field goal (which would effectively put up unneeded points) to go for it on fourth and retain possession to end the game than that's what you do. 

If someone believes running 3 predictable runs up the middle that will definitely lead to a punt... which will lead to a 3 desperation passes by the other team with no time off the clock... which will leave the leading team in the same position as before, with the same amount of time left on the clock... to do the same thing again?  That's why that stuff doesn't happen in the NFL, it's pointless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

When I was a young boy I used to hate Vince Lombardi and the Packers.  Why???   Must be because they won most of their games/were dominant.  Now I'm a big boy.  I'm on the other side.  I understand the haters.

Sections
Shortcuts