Help for #12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Help for #12

I had hoped that one of the big goals for the off season was to get some help for Brady.  I don't care that Blount is gone (what a bust in the afcccg) but I expected a little more than Lafell. 

I didn't expect Belichick to get Calvin Johnson in here or even another team's #1, but a #2 would have been nice.

Does anyone think there is more to come, or is the hope of a really good wide receiver for this season dead already?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Help for #12

The draft is deep and loaded at WR, so that's another channel to add talent at the position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think we will get more at TE, WR, or both before the offseason is over.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I really hope so.  I'm pumped for the defense, but Brady needs more of an upgrade than Lafell.  It will be a lot less fun this year if the majority of the receiving corps stays the same.  I can't watch Dobson, Tompkins, Boyce, Mulligan, Hoomanetc and freakin' Slater be targeted all season again!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

They have 3 young WRs from last year who showed some promise. They say the biggest jump in progress is between years one and two. Having had a year in the system, Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins might be much better and more reliable this year. I wouldn't give up on them yet. There is no guarantee that whoever is brought in will have a huge impact, as we have seen several times over the past seasons. I'm more interested in another big receiving TE who can also block. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we will get more at TE, WR, or both before the offseason is over.  

[/QUOTE]

I think a TE  in the draft within the 1st 3 rounds is likely. They may take  WR later in the draft but for the most part they might be done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

The reason BLOUNT was let go was  ???????

If Ridley starts fumbling again who is the running back????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They have 3 young WRs from last year who showed some promise. They say the biggest jump in progress is between years one and two. Having had a year in the system, Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins might be much better and more reliable this year. I wouldn't give up on them yet. There is no guarantee that whoever is brought in will have a huge impact, as we have seen several times over the past seasons. I'm more interested in another big receiving TE who can also block. 

[/QUOTE]

I wish I saw those three as you did.  I would be much more optimistic.  Instead of seeing three that showed promise, I see one who barely played (Boyce), one who had a big chance and ended up benched for the second half of the season (Thompkins) and a guy who had a couple of good games to go along with butter fingers (Dobson).

I would be thrilled if I were 100% wrong and one of these guys turned into a legit NFL top receiver, or even a #2.  As for now, I'm hoping the Pats can find a way to get that guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One trick ponies are easy to shut down.

See:  AFCCCG

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I cautiously hope Vereen, Gronk and Amendola can be collectively more healthy than they were last year, that in itself would be a nice upgrade.

I actually really like Lafell. I could see 55-60 catches, around 7-800 yards.

This is make or break year for Ridley. Either he's solved the fumbling issue, and his talent can start to rise to the top. Or he hasn't, and he can get buried UNDER the bench for all I care.

Dobson has real injury concerns with micro-foot-fracture surgery. Boyce and Thompkins SHOULD take some incremental step forward.

I'm expecting a TE in the first 2 rounds. Where BB has historically been shy to take a WR high, he has shown no apprehension taking a TE in the first round (Graham, Watson) or soon thereafter (Gronk 2nd, D Burgerman Thomas 3rd). 

There are 3 TEs in the draft who warrant a 1st or 2nd round grade, I would truly be surprised if the Pats DIDN'T take one of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I would rather they work on the D. Last year the O ranked 3rd in the league. How much better do you think they can get? They really haven't lost anyone. Last years rookies will be better and could be considerably better.

There really is no need for anymore "Help for #12" when compared to the definite need for help on the D unless that help shows up in the form of a good o-lineman or two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brandon Bolden. He's like Law Firm 2.0. He doesnt have great speed, but he'll hit the hole hard and he's sure handed. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One trick ponies are easy to shut down.

See:  AFCCCG

[/QUOTE]

that was one game !!!  He destroyed the Ravens and Colts

My questions are still unanswered.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think like we've seen in the past couple years (loading up on D in the draft to improve a horrendous D), will happen this year for the offense.

This draft is very deep at the WR position, Id be willing to bet we will grab a tightend or receiver in the first two rounds. I think if they ever were able to land both Cooks and Armano, all problems would be solved. I think Boyce is a guy who has to improve - he's got too much talent - I hope he is working hard to be the player he can be. I'd love to see them add a running back that doesn't have to come off the field...a guy who doesn't have to be subbed in and make the offense predictable. I want a guy who can catch and run between the tackles and heaven forbid get outside. Too me that would really improve this offense.

The players are there in this draft to really improve this offense, I think it's a no brainer we will be going in that direction...it's where the value is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I'd be looking to draft OL before WR. Im hoping Boyce can be the guy for NE that can stretch the field. 

I'm not sure if either of these two guys will there at 29 but I like G/T Yankey from Stanford or C Martin from USC. The game is won or lost in the trenches. Denver beat up NE on both sides of the ball at the line of scrimmage in the AFC matchup. A stud center like Martin next to Mankins and Solder would be a good start. I like Yankey for his versatility and as insurance for Volmer. Go Pats. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wish I saw those three as you did.  I would be much more optimistic.  Instead of seeing three that showed promise, I see one who barely played (Boyce), one who had a big chance and ended up benched for the second half of the season (Thompkins) and a guy who had a couple of good games to go along with butter fingers (Dobson).

I would be thrilled if I were 100% wrong and one of these guys turned into a legit NFL top receiver, or even a #2.  As for now, I'm hoping the Pats can find a way to get that guy.

[/QUOTE]

I think the jury is still out on all those guys.  I don't feel terribly confident that any is going to be all that good.  And I'm also not enamored of Edelman to the extent many others are.  I agree we need some improvement still at this position.  The exception would be if we got a very good receiving TE in the draft.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's starting to help himself a bit my taking some accountability.  He's wearing the pants now, forcing Giselle to move to Boston so this LA glam crap can come to an end until his career is over, at least.  So annoying.

Next, he's at least show signs of admitting he didn't play that well in postseasons where he hadn't for many years.

Further, BB just did what all the whiny pink hats wanted here, which was to load up on defense.

BB tried to do that on D to play to the Goodell NFL and it worked well overall, but it was not good enough to secure a title, mainly due to Brady's own disappearences when the chips were on the table.

So, enough with this "Brady does not have any help" crap.  LaFell is like a David GIvens, they have 3 younger WRs, two of whom had very nice rookie years, and with Brady in Boston in the offseason for once and likely at the facility with these WRs on a regular basis, it bodes well for continued growth in the passing game.

Amendola put up Patten production last year and Edelman back again only helps.

The WR position is actually LOADED with talent and now there is a base of contiuity moving forward, as opposed to swapping out WRs every offseason like has been happening.

I would say BB is pretty happy overall with what he has. The question remains....Will Brady and his spoiled self be just as happy in January?  No more hands on the hips and stare downs with pouting, please.

It's all about Brady now.  QBs can only dream of having Gronk to throw to, too. 

Leave it to Handy to think a name on a jersey that ESPN praises at WR somehow is how you satisfy Brady.  lol

Absolutely clueless. Mike Wallace is being paid 13 mil per down in Miami as a bust, on his way out. You, Mt Hurl, Pezzy, TFb12, etc, were all pining for a guy like that in here last offseason.

You were warned.

Finally, if someone like Steve Smith does not want a ring and wants an ego stroke with more money, choosing Baltimore's cap hell over a legit SB run here, that's his choice.  BB cannot force stubborn vets into making the better decision.

You'd have to be a moron to think Baltimore is in bettter position for a playoff berth and SB title than the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

Now that's a load . . . 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's starting to help himself a bit my taking some accountability.  He's wearing the pants now, forcing Giselle to move to Boston so this LA glam crap can come to an end until his career is over, at least.  So annoying.

[/QUOTE]

^ The Village Imbecile making things up again. They made 20 mil selling that house in a short term, you f'n moron. Making 100% profit in this economy, in a matter of months, is a no-brainer. There ought to be a law against being as stupid as you.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts