Help the Pats, hurt the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Help the Pats, hurt the Jets

Pats don't have the $$$ or the DNA to dabble with high profile high dollar DT's. Melton is not coming here. while I like the thought off Seymour, what about Mike DeVito? 28 years old, lunch pail type guy. Plays every game hard, versatile at all 3 DL positions, could be had for $1.5-2 mil per. Plugs right into the rotation and sort of is a Mike Wright type. Also hurts the Jets if Pats sign him. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Re: Help the Pats, hurt the Jets

If the Pats want to help their depth and hurt the Jets, then maybe they should look at a guy like Kerley. He was the Jets best WR after Holmes went down. I appreciate that's not saying much but he has some big play ability and versatility.

Seems a bit like Edelman but more durable. Obviously not necessary if they resign Welker but he could play the slot and he's a good PR. Arguably a bit redundant to have both he and Edelman but I worry about Edelman being able to stay on the field.

Devito would be okay as a back-up but may want more than pure back-up money.

For the type of DT the Pats need and factoring in cost it might be something they have to address in the draft rather than FA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Nope, not worth it....need someone who will have a greater impact.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

I may be wrong, I thought Kerley was a pending FA. While he doesn't have that QB aspect, he did throw the nicest pass out of the wildcat for them. Might have been the best pass anyone threw for the Jets last year.

Very sad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Doesn't make any sense.  You claim NE has no money to spend in FA, so you want them to waste their money on Mike DeVito?  No.

DeVito will likely be cut and can be had for peanuts. This team needs a pass rusher on the line, not some overachieving back up who comes off the field on pass rushing downs.

NO

Your business and football accumen is terrible.

do you always have to insult people!!!?? I t must be great to be as perfect as you are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Doesn't make any sense.  You claim NE has no money to spend in FA, so you want them to waste their money on Mike DeVito?  No.

DeVito will likely be cut and can be had for peanuts. This team needs a pass rusher on the line, not some overachieving back up who comes off the field on pass rushing downs.

NO

I think Devito is the first guy Jets try to sign. Like him in a rotation with Vince, Lovie and Deadrick. If Pats need a pass rusher, I think they look in the draft. They can't afford any FA that can pressure the QB. Maybe Armstead pans out, but I think he is a red shirt first year. Maybe Baquette can play, I hope he isn't a wasted pick. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

The question I would have is whether Devito is an upgrade over Love or Deadrick. They seem to carry 4 DT's, maybe 5 and if they draft one is there room for all these rotational guys?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

The question I would have is whether Devito is an upgrade over Love or Deadrick. They seem to carry 4 DT's, maybe 5 and if they draft one is there room for all these rotational guys?

If they sign DeVito, can draft defensive back field or OL if Vollmer leaves, or WR if Wes leaves. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

What about a guy like Randy Starks if he shakes loose? Too expensive?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

NO

"Your business and football accumen is terrible." 

Nice English for a 152 IQ

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Thought he would be the perfect Patriot coming out of College. May not be signed by the Texans. I still would love him here. This guy is your real Vrabel replacement. Very strong 2011...so-so 2012, but JJ gets most of the snaps. Yes, I know, he may be too pricey but my Intrest in having him here is as strong as it was in 2010...Connor Barwin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Mike Wright?! My lord I forgot all about that guy - what a shame he got hurt. When you think about it our defense might of been really good if a guy like him had stayed healthy - especially if a guy like Pryor could of stayed on the field too with him. Instead we have spent a few years trying to get guys to help on the defensive line that haven't had an impact, it's a shame.

I had a friend that spoke to the team the year Wright came in as a rookie, he said Wright was the most intense player/person he had run into. He said Wright wouldn't just walk into the room as a rookie, but rather would slam the door in and out as he came and went...kind of crazy. That also was the draft class that brought Merriweather - he said Merriweather was sound asleep in the front row as he talked...out cold. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

NO

ur personality and common decency is worse

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

NO

do you always have to insult people!!!?? I t must be great to be as perfect as you are.

gee really cute and u dont like Queenie!

too bad ur in NC and I am in NY

well that and you root for the wrong football team but I can overlook that  :  )

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Mike Wright?! My lord I forgot all about that guy - what a shame he got hurt. When you think about it our defense might of been really good if a guy like him had stayed healthy - especially if a guy like Pryor could of stayed on the field too with him. Instead we have spent a few years trying to get guys to help on the defensive line that haven't had an impact, it's a shame.

I had a friend that spoke to the team the year Wright came in as a rookie, he said Wright was the most intense player/person he had run into. He said Wright wouldn't just walk into the room as a rookie, but rather would slam the door in and out as he came and went...kind of crazy. That also was the draft class that brought Merriweather - he said Merriweather was sound asleep in the front row as he talked...out cold. 

Yeah, I forgot about Wright too. Him and Pryor together on passing downs could have helped the D out  a lot the last couple of seasons.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

NO

"Your business and football accumen is terrible." 

Nice English for a 152 IQ

Business and football are one topic joined by the word "and", so singular is fine there.  It's sad that when you try to attempt to gain leverage back, you still can't do it. Hilarious.  No way you went to Harvard for an MBA. No way. No way you even have an undergrad degree from Tufts.

Youre both wrong, but youre more right than he is. "Business" and "football" are attributives, nouns that function as adjectives. The subject of the sentence is "accumen" [sic], and therefore is in agreement with the singular "is"

Thank you

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Have Mr.Kraft buy pathetic Jets organization n use them for scrimmages...Rex can carry BBs rings from city to city...Sanchez can.illustrate what you dont do as an nfl qb...Bart Scott n cover Woodhead Demps n Vareen in practice to build their confidence ..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

If they sign DeVito, can draft defensive back field or OL if Vollmer leaves, or WR if Wes leaves. 

DeVito is a nice player but he's a purely depth type of player no better then Love or Deadrick. We already have two of those types of guys and they still have no starter next to Wilfork. Armstead is still a huge ? mark and should be considered on teh Same level as Deadrick and Love. Considering all 3 will cost less and provide as much as DeVito I'd rather not waste the cap space. That $1.5-2mil could go to CB depth or a coverage LB. I'd still be looking at a DT in the 1st since this is a very deep draft at the DT position

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts