Here comes Payton....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Here comes Payton....

Denvers next at gillete----and we know they will be passing fisrt--any thoughts about this game----big game because after looking at the schedule if pats win this game I see them winning next 5!----that would be 8-2 and the Division would be ours---the only possible losses would be Houston and SF - and both games are at home--so i see 1-1  - Ihave the pats going no worse than 11-5  -  but most likely 12-4----comments are appreciated. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Here comes Payton....

I do not follow Denver's team very closely but a friend of mine who does has been complaining about the defense and how it seems to have let up some compared to last year. I looked up the numbers on ESPN and they seem competitive. They have played a very dificult schedule so far so any problems they have faced may have more to having played 3 SB contenders allready.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

This article should be titled here comes Brady.............

TB is NOT afraid of Peyton (with an e by the way not an a)

Nor should any true Patriots fan be.

TB has beat him before. It can be done again.

There is no great debate here. TB>PM.

End of story.

NE wins at home this week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

In response to WelkerRules' comment:

[/QUOTE]

Only concern is that if Kolb and Fitzpatrick can dice up the Pat's secondary/ Safeties, you don't think Manning can't.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Of course they are passing first. Even teams that can't pass well opt to pass first against this secondary. 

Thankfully, that isnt a very consistent way to beat NE because it gives Brady more chances. The teams that give NE trouble are the ones that can keep Brady off the field by playing defense and grinding the clock.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

End of story.

[/QUOTE]

I think its debateable

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

How well the D does setting up 3rd and long and how well they pass rush forcing Manning to throw sooner than he wants is the (obvious) key. Turnovers will be critical.

Having both TB on and the running game strong will be critical both in scoring points and keeping Manning off the field. They can do this. But they can't have big time drops, missed communications, etc.

It is another real test.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course they are passing first. Even teams that can't pass well opt to pass first against this secondary. 

Thankfully, that isnt a very consistent way to beat NE because it gives Brady more chances. The teams that give NE trouble are the ones that can keep Brady off the field by playing defense and grinding the clock.

[/QUOTE]

welcome back ZB.

So, the question is, can Denver's D get to Brady and cover consistently.

and, on a different topic, do you think the Patriots are in a position where they can continue to improve over the course of the season in order beat teams like the Giants come playoff time?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm so looking forward to this game.

Don't be fooled they'll run it and we'll see a lot of play action.  Just hope the CBs and safety's don't bite.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not worried. Defense smash mouths forehead boy.

I hope we run the score up

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I am going to the game on Sunday.  It is always a good matchup when Peyton faces Brady.  I would imagine that it will be a very good game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Last week the OL was great against a somewhat hyped up great defense. Question is how does  the Bills DL of the 2 Williams, mcCourty, and Anderson stack up against the reported great DL of Denver , Miller,Elvis and who else? Bailey is getting old who will he cover?

I think TB will do just fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am going to the game on Sunday.  It is always a good matchup when Peyton faces Brady.  I would imagine that it will be a very good game. 

[/QUOTE]

I am going as well, cant wait....hope you enjoy the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Yes, enjoy being at the game you guys .... The place will be rockin! The game I've been most eager to see.

Peyton still has plenty left and I'm eager to see how he expoits the Pats secondary. He still has a quick release to exploit the blitz so I do'nt see that happening from the Pats. Pressure up the middle needs to happen to set Peyton off his game. Broncos may decide to run more and Peyton pass for that all important first down, TOP. They know what Brady can do and will try not to match him series for series. My prophetic senses tell me Brady will go long to exploit the Bronco backend. I see a close game.

My guess is as good as Yours....huh? lol

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This isn't the same Manning the Patriots are used to seeing.  He can't go deep like he used to, the Patriots can.  Denver won't be able to run the ball against this D with success and the Patriots will be able to.  Manning will be playing the short to mid field ball but the Patriots D will do well against that as they are very used to playing against that type of ball in practice and that will be a huge advantage for the Patriots.  I just don't see where the Broncos have an advantage anywhere in this game except the kicking game. 

It's not going to be one of those classic Patriots vs Colts games that we have seen in past years.  It's a big game for the Patriots coming off a great second half last week and they will pick up right where they left off.  I think Fells will play a big role at TE for this game, he looked very good blocking last week, going to be big in the run game this week.  I believe the Patriots are going to be able to run when they want and have a very good passing night.  The Broncos D will be confused all night long by being able to run when they want and pass when they want, the Patriots will have their way with them.  No deep ball burns on the Patriots CB's in this one, they will play a tight mid filed defense allowing the short stuff and that won't be near enough to beat the Patriots.  The Pats D line and LB's are going to have a monster game in this one.  I'm expecting a fantastic Patriots game plan on both sides of the ball, the Broncos don't match up well with the Patriots this season.

It will be fun and exciting becuase it's Manning in NE and the build up will still be there but he won't  be able to do what he has in the past.  Patriots by 10+ in this one.  That's the way I see it playing out.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

[QUOTE]

End of story.

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you read my post?  I never said TB was afarid of Mannig and never said the Pats would lose----curious thing when posters create their own version of an original post---I said PM will be throwing fist and that if we get the W here, I see us going on a win streak---Your post obviously was not a response to mine---and sorry about the mispelling of P(E)ytons name------ I aint,(sarcasm) no grammar major!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Broncos and Peyton will be exposed with Koppen starting. I like Vince lining up over Koppen and feel that can put pressure on Peyton up the middle.

Both Peyton and TB are master slide steppers, but when the pressure is up the middle, they both struggle. Dreesen needs to be chipped off the line by Spikes/Mayo, and Chung must step up against Dreesen.

Vollmer and Solder must account for Miller on every play.

Denver D-line is smallish (but fast) and feel Pats can succeed with the run game/screen pass

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Broncos and Peyton will be exposed with Koppen starting. I like Vince lining up over Koppen and feel that can put pressure on Peyton up the middle.

Both Peyton and TB are master slide steppers, but when the pressure is up the middle, they both struggle. Dreesen needs to be chipped off the line by Spikes/Mayo, and Chung must step up against Dreesen.

Vollmer and Solder must account for Miller on every play.

Denver D-line is smallish (but fast) and feel Pats can succeed with the run game/screen pass

[/QUOTE]

yup...

i actually am not too concerned about the d. the defensive output will be pretty predictable. 21-24 pt given up. no more than 20 if hightower plays.

i am more concerned about the offensive output. a lot depends on how the OTs handle the two speedy pass rushers from denver. those two are the type that give solder problems. probably canon too if vollmer is not available.

tb,mcd and bb need to figure out ways to slow down vmill and doomi. it would be great if they can get huge yacs on passes tb dumps right behind the two rushers. that should make those two think twice about diving in at full speed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

End of story.

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you read my post?  I never said TB was afarid of Mannig and never said the Pats would lose----curious thing when posters create their own version of an original post---I said PM will be throwing fist and that if we get the W here, I see us going on a win streak---Your post obviously was not a response to mine---and sorry about the mispelling of P(E)ytons name------ I aint,(sarcasm) no grammar major!

[/QUOTE]
    Welcome to Rusty's world.  I know you are not responding to Russ, but this is what he does ALL OF THE TIME.  I'd like to say its his M.O., but I don't think he's smart enough to do it intentionally.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

NE better win at home this week. Get traffic in front of Manning...get the hands up. He's got the great arm but makes mistakes when his view is blocked.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NE better win at home this week. Get traffic in front of Manning...get the hands up. He's got the great arm but makes mistakes when his view is blocked.

[/QUOTE]

I think you are mistaken. Manning has lost his fastball, but does not make mistakes. He is 6'5" with a high release point. Hard to block his view. Manning loses his accuracy when he is moving, so Pats need pressure to get him outside of the pocket. I think if the Pats get an early lead and Manning has to throw, we see a lot of Cunningham this week. Assuming we also dont see a lot of Spikes and Hightower, with Carpenter, Wilson and Ras on the field most snaps

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

If we can harrass him a lil...and if our CBs are aggressive at the line of scrimmage...I think we will be okay.