here's hoping...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

here's hoping...

Shane Vereen can do this:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: here's hoping...

Great link to Faulk highlights. And yes, let's hope Vereen can do much the same. 

No disrespect to Kevin Faulk, but it seemed obvious to me last season that he cannot do those things anymore himself. So somebody else has to step up. Be it Vereen, Ridley, Woodhead or Addai, who I think will be our RBs at the start of the season. I think Faulk has played his last snap in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Re: here's hoping...:
    Great link to Faulk highlights. And yes, let's hope Vereen can do much the same.  No disrespect to Kevin Faulk, but it seemed obvious to me last season that he cannot do those things anymore himself. So somebody else has to step up. Be it Vereen, Ridley, Woodhead or Addai, who I think will be our RBs at the start of the season. I think Faulk has played his last snap in the NFL.
    Posted by DanishPastry

You may be right, but notwithstanding, just watching Kevin on the highlight film gave me goosebumps. 

I seriously doubt that any of the existing PATS running backs can step in and consistently do so effectively what Faulk consistently made look so easy.  And let's not forget his outstanding talent as a blocker in the backfield. 

However, I will echo the threads title, "here's hoping..."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I hope Vereen will succeed, we need an excellent third down back who can catch a football. As much as I know Faulks football career is over, he was the best runningback I ever saw take direct snaps from center. I do not believe Vereen will ever have the same success taking direct snaps.

Sections
Shortcuts