Here's why Pats WILL not win another SuperBowl.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Here's why Pats WILL not win another SuperBowl.......

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's flat out unacceptbale that the 2007 offense only scored 14 points. Like I said, it's embarrassing, actually. There is no defense of it.  At some point in that game, they should have gone to the run a lot more and hammered it until they broke through.

Fast forward to 2011, and we see almost a mirror image of SB 42, as we see a great offense refuse to hammer the rock, as we know what the Giants gameplan is on D. 

[/QUOTE]

They were flat out outcoached in both games, but especially 2007. Don't know if it was BB or Josh to blame (probably both) but they let a inferior team dictate the game from start to finish. Didn't adjust seemingly anything.  

I still don't know what the thinking was when they went for it on 4th and 13 instead of a 48 yard FG?  Especially when you hadn't given any indication that you could gain anything close to 13 yards all day. If you don't trust the kicker that much, why is he your kicker?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I guess there is no point in even watching anymore, since you have predicted the future... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's an offensive era never before seen in this league, with records dropping all over the place. Last night, Calvin Johnson, just passed Rice's regular seasons receiving yard record.

Last year, 3 QBs threw for 5,000 yards. These aren't coincidences, these are patterns that reflect a change in the game.

Translation?  Offense is up all over the NFL by design via Goodell. It's that simple. So, anyone putting MORE on any NFL D in this era while making excuses for a fledgling offense at times during games, is quite franky, not very intelligent.

It's a game of attrition now more than ever. You concede points will be scored, so you emphasize other things like not allowing the big play or forcing as many turnovers as possible.

Why any Pats fan is holding this D to some irrational standard, now or in the future of Goodell's NFL, is completely irrational. Never before has the phrase "defense wins championships" meant so little.  Offene wins championships.

Hey, I don't like it either, but you have to up your odds by playing into what the system/environment is.

I could see if this D couldn't stop the run, didn't battle, couldn't tackle, didn't make plays, didn;t force turnovers, etc, etc, but that's not the case.

It's very clear what BB has built here on D is working and trending up.  The offense, however, needs to prove it can perform close to its capabilities in the postseson, otherwise we're going to be known as the 1990s Buffalo Bills.

[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, even with the changes, most D's can force a 3 & out, get a turn over and get off the field in less than 4:45 since the average time for the D to get off the field is 2:38 and 12 possession games.  Case closed,  unless you think the NFL standard doesn't apply to ONLY the Pats D.

[/QUOTE]

False. "Most" Ds cannot. There are VERY few dominant Ds in this league as compared to other eras.   Pitt, Balt, the Jets, etc, all recent supposed "great Ds" aren't even that good.  SF is probably the lone great D right now. Houston, maybe Chicago. That's about it. So, it's not "most" at all.

This D has had goal line stands, 3 and outs, turnovers, stops, holds, etc. Plenty. Last year off the lockout with some injury and continuity problems on the back end, they had problems most of the year, but got it together late in the year.

You can't have a D that AVERAGES 2 turnovers per game (fantastic) and then start stomping your foot like a child having a tantrum demanding MORE 3 and outs than they already get.

Leave it to you to pretend that a 3 and out is more valuable than the fear of a QB possibly throwing a TD or a ball carrier paranoid about fumbling.

Someone yesterday embarrassed the bejesus out of you yesterday, too, where they mentioned the difference in D rankings is such a small amount, you and your buddies scurried away from that fact.

If this D wasn't good agaisnt the run, not versatlie, didn't have balls, didn't create turnovers, was finesse, etc, I'd agree, but you're wrong. If BB wants a bend/don't break style played, you will see less 3 and outs.

It's that simple. If the offense they face is good, you'll see more bend/don't break.

[/QUOTE]

Ya DH, the difference in TOP from best to last is less than 4 minutes.  Imagine playing with a 16 minute  difference  because your D is holding the ball for almost 5 minutes a possession, which is nearly double the league average.  BWAAHHHAAAA.

Think for once and take off those rosey D glasses.

Did you just say most D's can't produce even one 3 & out in a game or get even one turn over or get off the field in less than 3 minutes?   You are truly a dope as all NFL teams can produce a 3& out, get a pick and get off the field in less than 3 minutes.

All of them!  Just not the Pats in the most important game of the year.  Even with their 31st ranking, they did it regularily.   WOW!  Talk about digging a hole you can't get out of.

Please stop with the bend but don't break crap as 80 completions over 20 yards says otherwise.  It says they break all the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think watching the Jaguars march down the field for any easy touchdown pass is enough reason to question playoff hopes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Well losing to the Jags is evidence enough that the Pats will no longer win anymore SB's under the B & B era. Its the same old swang song year after year since 04/05.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Leonard15's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well losing to the Jags is evidence enough that the Pats will no longer win anymore SB's under the B & B era. Its the same old swang song year after year since 04/05.

[/QUOTE]Crickets I hear?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

jimmytantric:  I agree with you 100%. 

Unfortunately, this forum is divided between Pats fans who are realistic, and point out obviously flaws in the team; and other Pat fans who are homers, and scream that the Pats will win the Super Bowl easily every year, and anyone who disagrees with that is a "troll". 

As stated, the Pats are 6-6 in their last 12 playoffs games, including last year, a home win against Tim Tebow, and Baltimore shanking a 20 yard FG. 

But somehow, we are supposed to be positive that this same team will easily win 4 straight palyoff games against top teams, 3 of those on the road.  If you don't drink that kool-aid, then you're a troll.  

The fact is that the Pats have finally added some decent young players on Defense.  I think this team is better than last year's team.  The problem is we have no deep threat.  Our OC and DC are home-grown, inexperienced, and not as good as other team's coordinators. 

The Pats have a history of losing against tough physical teams.  And that is who you face in the playoffs.  So we'll probably lose in either round 1 or round 2. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Just as I was starting to think I was losing my mind--in steps VeritasMd-a man of sound mind - convincing me not to drop out of Society and become a hermit----I agree ---  unless you drink the Homer Kool-Aid, closing your eyes, while posting nothing but superlatives about the Pats you are bashed on this board---so many Homers--who at times sound like bickering 2nd graders,fighting amongst  themselves to see who can be the bully of the pack!  I have stated that the Pats are one of 6-7 teams to have a chance to win the big prize-but unfortunatly I also sprinkled in some constructive criticism also--boy was that a mistake --they come at you like bees swatting their beehive----I'm starting to think people on this board live their lives vicariously through the Patriots--I'm sure some have Pats socks, hats, gloves, bedding, etc. Well if that's what it takes to get them through this world, I do not wish to be the one to deny them this comfort--Go Pats, Rah,Rah,Rah!!!!! They are going to win it all Guys!!!!!!! Now let's break out our high school football jackets and jerseys and reminisce about the good old jock days. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the Pats won their 3 SBs what did we have that we don't have now and have not had since our last win? Well Brady is still Brady so he hasn't changed. And he won with nobody receivers other than Troy Brown so lets not look at the receivers or TEs(one SB he had some TE from East Boston and won--LOL). So what is different? Here's what's different----other than Vince Wilfork, we have NO Defensive play makers on DEFENSE----we had Rodney Harrisson, Vrabel, Willie McGinnest, BREWSKIIIIII, Ty Law, Richard Seymour even Assante---name me one on the D side------thought so. Secondly we had a BACK that could Close out games and not fumble, like Dillon and Antoine Smith. Ridley and Verren(/)-give me a break! And until the Pats can solve teams that can get to the QB---- rushing 4 and dropping 7, like the G-men, Pack and Niners, (The Jets used to have this 2 years ago), they will lose because you inevitably will have to depend on your defense and we know how that's turned out the past 2 SBs. We have NO Safety that can cover and CBs that are either horrible, young and unproven or new(Talib). Maybe Dennard and Talib turn into a good corner pair but not this year.   So Until we get some "D" playmakers and a running back that can close out games, second place is all the Pats will achieve.        OK now all you HOMERS can throw your knowledgeable Pats crap at me---I'm waiting.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that if not for one of the most improbable catches in superbowl history the Pat's would have won it in 2008. It could also be argued that we could have won it last years too if not for a poor throw by Brady and missed catch by Welker which would have put us in field goal terrritory and made it a two score game...No disrespect to the Giants who earned both victories. The games were that close, like every one of the games we won to earn 3 rings you reffered too.

For the Patriots to win it's pretty simple...They have to score 1 point more than the opponent when time expires if the do that for the remainer of this year we'll all get to buy another Superbowl Champion Tee Shirt.

In the end you can't win the Superbowl until you get there. Once there you have to score one point more than your opponent...which the Pats are more than capable of...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

When the Pats won their 3 SBs what did we have that we don't have now and have not had since our last win? Well Brady is still Brady so he hasn't changed. And he won with nobody receivers other than Troy Brown so lets not look at the receivers or TEs(one SB he had some TE from East Boston and won--LOL). So what is different? Here's what's different----other than Vince Wilfork, we have NO Defensive play makers on DEFENSE----we had Rodney Harrisson, Vrabel, Willie McGinnest, BREWSKIIIIII, Ty Law, Richard Seymour even Assante---name me one on the D side------thought so. Secondly we had a BACK that could Close out games and not fumble, like Dillon and Antoine Smith. Ridley and Verren(/)-give me a break! And until the Pats can solve teams that can get to the QB---- rushing 4 and dropping 7, like the G-men, Pack and Niners, (The Jets used to have this 2 years ago), they will lose because you inevitably will have to depend on your defense and we know how that's turned out the past 2 SBs. We have NO Safety that can cover and CBs that are either horrible, young and unproven or new(Talib). Maybe Dennard and Talib turn into a good corner pair but not this year.   So Until we get some "D" playmakers and a running back that can close out games, second place is all the Pats will achieve.        OK now all you HOMERS can throw your knowledgeable Pats crap at me---I'm waiting.

[/QUOTE]

What!? I heard Mayo was All_Pro, best in the league. Just not the last 2 weeks but thats what people say here....Oh well.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The last 2 Superbowls we were in you can point to one play that shouldn't have happened, that cost us the game.  Welker drops a ball he got both hands on, and that no name receiver caught a ball with his helmet.  If we had won those games, this post wouldn't even exist.

As for us not having play makers on defense aside from Big Vince, I disagree.  Jones was playing outstanding ball before the ankle injury, and saved our bacon yesterday.  Mayo and Spikes consistently make plays, especially when Mayo is asked to blitz.  Dennard has come up big, Talib has almost single handedly changed the way this defense plays.  And McCourtney has been playing absolutely superb as a safety.  The most significant difference between this defense and that defense isn't so much the faces, but the scheme and the current health of the players.  We do far less blitzing, and some key injuries have really taken its toll. 

IF this team can find away to get healthy and put the key players back in the starting lineup, I think they can keep any offense honest and low scoring enough to have the offense carry the day. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What!? I heard Mayo was All_Pro, best in the league. Just not the last 2 weeks but thats what people say here....Oh well.

[/QUOTE]

You're a troll and a liar. No one said "he's the best in the league". Also, no normal person is pretending missing 4 starters around any player on that D yesterday is a fair time to judge anything, especially without a gameplan from BB/Patricia.

You should be embarrassed that you keep making a fool out of yourself so easily here.  lol

[/QUOTE]

Where do get this BS. Stop making stuff up!!!  Why the h3ll wouldnt BB prepare for ANY team outside of preseason???/    So I guess just the offense prepared or does BB have a bias like you/....lol WOW...Gotta P/a THIS ONE SORRY..

14. This post has been removed.