Here's why Pats WILL not win another SuperBowl.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Here's why Pats WILL not win another SuperBowl.......

wasn't it assante who dropped the sure pick agisnt the Giants in 2007?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know that they won't, but I think it's pretty obvious it's why they haven't.

Every Superbowl run they played involved a sick defensive effort, or a gamebreaking defensive play. 

Football is a *team* sport. NE didn't have to pray that Brady would be perfect back then, and he wasn't. They ha a defense and special teams that could actually go get a game for them instead of one that cna at best play not to lose. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm just going stop watching 

[/QUOTE]

Hey bozo I never implied I was no longer interested in watchin g my team--some people just do not Listen to what others are saying and kind of make up their own verion of others threads. Am not being Negative about the Pats -just some objective observations----stay with me Pal--happy holidays to you and your family

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well then it was the Divisional round-still your MISSING the point--the Brew WAS a playmaker!

[/QUOTE]

Wrong again. Try harder next time. At least know the history before you declare that everyone stop watching the games for rest of the season since it's obvious, according to your excellent analysis, that New England has no chance and will not win it this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Your missing the point--Where are the Defensive play makers-do you believe Bruschi was one or not? Take a stand instead of picking little things in anothers viewpoint! Show some courage and a little less ignorance?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well gues I am not objective... I'll boot myself from this thread... cya

[/QUOTE]

Don't be too hard on yourself Getzo--I never said I cringe when the D comes out -although I must admit I get uncorfortable-and I never said I was pessimistic just objective. I still believe the Pats are one of a HANDFULL OF TEAMS CAPABLE OF WINNING THE DARN THING.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Again can anyone on this board tell me where and who are the PLAYMAKERS on the defensive side of the ball excluding Big Vince---Playoff games are ussually won on a few big plays- who on the D is capable of doing this come Playoffs? Anyone?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was Bruschi a playmaker

[/QUOTE]

Let me remind you of the pick six TD against Manning in the snow, and I believe it was in the AFC Championship game--I can't believe you actually didn't see Brewskiiii as a playmaker--I want what your smoking when you watch the PATS!

[/QUOTE]

That pick 6, or interception for that matter didn't happen but whatever.  Bruschi was a playmaker, but he was also a member of the 96 team that lost the SB.  So how could a team with a defensive playmaker lose the SB?

I'm sure in 2001 you were selling the pats can't win because they don't have any defensive playmakers.  You've created circular logic where if they win than they have playmakers, if they lose they don't have playmakers.  There's no history to back up this assumption.  Teams that haven't won the SB win the SB quite regularly.  Teams that have won the SB don't win them the next year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Define "playmaker."  They're plus 20-something in turnovers (despite last week), so somebody on the defense is making plays.  

Let's review.  They won three Super Bowls by 3 points each.  They won the first one because Brady brought them down the field in the last minute after the defense gave up the lead.  They won the second one because the offense (and the opposing placekicker) bailed out the defense which gave up three 4th quarter TDs (to Jake Freaking Delhomme!!) despite all those playmakers. They were fortunate in the third one that the head coach of the opponent can't tell time and the QB lost his lunch and his mind, otherwise the defense may have given that one away. As it was, they let a comfortable lead become a nailbiter.  In those wins, the defense with all those playmakers gave up 17, 29 and 21 points.

They lost by 3 and 4, and if playmaker Asante had caught a ball, or if playmaker Harrison or any other playmaker had made a play, they'd have won one of those. The defense gave up 17 and 21 points in those losses. They still had all those playmakers you named in 2007, so maybe we can agree that those guys are worth 4 points.

This playmaker stuff is a bunch of hooey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

To those who look to the past to PROVE what will happen in the future: don't bother watching any games because they are evidently predetermined. The past helps to predict likely possibilities but you nay sayers are essentially blind to too many key aspects and too sure about fate.

The Pats have shown improvement in offense and defense this year over last year. Tom Brady is a better QB than when he won ANY of those SBs. That is what experience and a huge amount of really hard work and preparation have done for him: made him a better player. If you don't see that you are blind or not watching.

The Pats look better than any team in the AFC right now though I am concerned about playing Manning in Denver and somewhat concerned though not quite as much about playing Houston in Houston (second time around I expect them to make some adjustments). Still, if I had to bet on a team from the AFC it would be Pats. WHo would you bet on?

I think the SF game showed they could beat us and also, ironically, we could beat them! We know we can beat the Giants but that they also can be a problem for us because of their pass rush from the line and because of their downfield passing game. But I would pick us v the Giants. I would give us an edge against all the NFC teams though SF did show they can beat us.  A rematch would be interesting.

If the team is healthy I think we beat anyone. Pass rush, pass blocking and special teams are the areas we cannot afford to play badly at.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Again can anyone on this board tell me where and who are the PLAYMAKERS on the defensive side of the ball excluding Big Vince---Playoff games are ussually won on a few big plays- who on the D is capable of doing this come Playoffs? Anyone?

Oh ye of little faith!

McCourty, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112517/McCourty-picks-off-Kaepernick

Dennard, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000097037/Dennard-picks-off-Luck-for-87-yd-TD

Talib, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000096841/WK-11-Can-t-Miss-Play-Talib-TD-off-Luck

Mayo, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000105171/Patriots-defense-sack-8-yd-loss

Ninkovich, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000112883/Patriots-defense-sack-13-yd-loss

Jones, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000087171/Patriots-defense-sack-17-yd-loss

etc...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jones is still getting healthy.

Trevor Scott has emerged off the bench with francis.

Cunningham is coming back, well rested from his suspension.  He provides great pressure up the middle and has done nothing but rest and workout ofr a month now.

We now have 2 corners who can cover in Talib and Dennard.

And now a safety that makes some plays in McCourty.

Not to metion our O will get a big boost with Gronk coming back who will help the run game as well.

This d is still improving and they laid an egg against the niners.  It's no question they have to play better, but I actually have confidence in this team unlike years past.

I feel pretty good about this years team heading into the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

good comments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Have you been watching the Patriots games or just listening to commentators on TV and NY sports radio?

For you those who have not seen much of the Patriots play this year here are the D playmakers. Keep in mind that the Pats have done a great job on 4th downs and on stopping runs on third and fourth downs and they have created a whole lot of turnovers. THose are all BIG plays by D players.

1. Vinny - best playmaking NT in game this year

2. Chadler Jones - proving to be a good pass rusher and edge setter. Has made a number of big plays this year - his rookie year

3. Nink - not a great player but in fact has been the sort of guy who comes up with plays in key situations

4. Mayo - maybe not always spectacular but he has been making big plays all year and is a bonifide leader. A very solid player with a brain

5. Spikes - one of the better run stopping LBs in the league. Has made several big plays especially against the run preventing first downs. Very good instincts

6. Hightower - beginning to emerge as a young and not fully developed player who seems to be in the mold of McGinest. Good instincts. Tough tackler. Has made several big plays as a rookie

7. McCourty - good ball hawk FS and smart player

8. Talib - good agressive CB

9. Dennard - aggressive roookie CB who has shown signs of making plays.. Has gotten hands on the ball in some big moments

10. Chung had been showing signs of being a big playmaker last year... Recall the game he made a handful of big plays including blocking a kick... but jury is still out on him though he shows he could be a real playmaker

So when you watch your first Pats game this year look for those guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well then it was the Divisional round-still your MISSING the point--the Brew WAS a playmaker!

[/QUOTE]

Wrong again. Try harder next time. At least know the history before you declare that everyone stop watching the games for rest of the season since it's obvious, according to your excellent analysis, that New England has no chance and will not win it this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Your missing the point--Where are the Defensive play makers-do you believe Bruschi was one or not? Take a stand instead of picking little things in anothers viewpoint! Show some courage and a little less ignorance?

[/QUOTE]

They lead the league in turnovers! Is that playmaker material enough? The point is neither you nor I can predict the future so how about we hold off on making bold statements about a team not winning another title ever again Mr. Irvin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

For a team with such sucky players we sure win a lot of games...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Find a new team to root for you negative prxck. Try and enjoy the process and see what happens. 

[/QUOTE]

Find a life-read a Ghandi book-take a walk along the beach-meditate and get rid of the hate dude! It will eat you alive--just freaking football-a game for Christ's sake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know that they won't, but I think it's pretty obvious it's why they haven't.

Every Superbowl run they played involved a sick defensive effort, or a gamebreaking defensive play. 

Football is a *team* sport. NE didn't have to pray that Brady would be perfect back then, and he wasn't. They ha a defense and special teams that could actually go get a game for them instead of one that cna at best play not to lose. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks ZB - another poster thank thinks rationally and objectively-this is why I stay on the Board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Was Bruschi a playmaker

[/QUOTE]

Let me remind you of the pick six TD against Manning in the snow, and I believe it was in the AFC Championship game--I can't believe you actually didn't see Brewskiiii as a playmaker--I want what your smoking when you watch the PATS!

[/QUOTE]

That pick 6, or interception for that matter didn't happen but whatever.  Bruschi was a playmaker, but he was also a member of the 96 team that lost the SB.  So how could a team with a defensive playmaker lose the SB?

I'm sure in 2001 you were selling the pats can't win because they don't have any defensive playmakers.  You've created circular logic where if they win than they have playmakers, if they lose they don't have playmakers.  There's no history to back up this assumption.  Teams that haven't won the SB win the SB quite regularly.  Teams that have won the SB don't win them the next year.

[/QUOTE]

Not getting your philosophic football talk Shennanigans--btw the pick 6 DID happen and the game was in the snow. And Bruschi was very young in his career and converting from a DE in college to LB in the pros--a very difficult process. And I believe our QB was Bledsoe in that SB and the game was won by GB having 3 quick scores--the Desmond Howard punt return--the bomb down the sidelines for a long pass completion for a TD and I believe Droopy Drew threw a pick for a score. Take away those 3 plays and the Pats win easily---and the Pats as a team were just begginning to find themselves and an identity also--we know the results in years to come were 3 Lombardis---come on Shennanigans--you usually post informative, objective and intelligent posts--unfortunatly you missed the mark on this mess of a post-what gives? Too much to drink on a Saturday night before the big game?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Do you have a crystal ball? I believe they will be in SB, I said at the beginning of the the season that the two teams playing would be Pats & 49ers! I'm still keeping that and BELIEVE the PATS Win!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh ye of little faith!

McCourty, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112517/McCourty-picks-off-Kaepernick

Dennard, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000097037/Dennard-picks-off-Luck-for-87-yd-TD

Talib, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000096841/WK-11-Can-t-Miss-Play-Talib-TD-off-Luck

Mayo, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000105171/Patriots-defense-sack-8-yd-loss

Ninkovich, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000112883/Patriots-defense-sack-13-yd-loss

Jones, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000087171/Patriots-defense-sack-17-yd-loss

etc...

[/QUOTE]

Lety me define playmakers for you Digger:  a playmaker is a player that CONSISTENTLY comes up big in playoff/big games and on a regular basis. His body of work is such that his plus/negative regarding missed/bad plays are much less than his big plays therefore making his plus/minus differential hugely  favoring of his great plays, (didn't think I'd have to explain what a play maker is?)---sorta like the turnover margin where the Pats sit at + 21 ---You are cherry picking a couple of good plays by these guys and leaving out the countless times they've been burnt or just didn't show up---shame on you for distorting facts to support your argument--you sound like a politician!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you have a crystal ball? I believe they will be in SB, I said at the beginning of the the season that the two teams playing would be Pats & 49ers! I'm still keeping that and BELIEVE the PATS Win!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Sort of like the kettle calling the other one black, lauriency? How is my predicting Pats not winning another SB any different than You predicting they will make the SB and against a particular team no less? Maybe your crystal ball is different than mine, in your eyes!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Let me define playmakers for you Digger:  a playmaker is a player that CONSISTENTLY comes up big in playoff/big games and on a regular basis. His body of work is such that his plus/negative regarding missed/bad plays are much less than his big plays therefore making his plus/minus differential hugely  favoring of his great plays, (didn't think I'd have to explain what a play maker is?)---sorta like the turnover margin where the Pats sit at + 21 ---You are cherry picking a couple of good plays by these guys and leaving out the countless times they've been burnt or just didn't show up---shame on you for distorting facts to support your argument--you sound like a politician!

Give these guys a chance. You are vastly underrating this team and at the same time overrating the competition. This team can compete with the best week after week but you still have your doubts. Shame on you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]

When the Pats won their 3 SBs what did we have that we don't have now and have not had since our last win? Well Brady is still Brady so he hasn't changed. And he won with nobody receivers other than Troy Brown so lets not look at the receivers or TEs(one SB he had some TE from East Boston and won--LOL). So what is different? Here's what's different----other than Vince Wilfork, we have NO Defensive play makers on DEFENSE----we had Rodney Harrisson, Vrabel, Willie McGinnest, BREWSKIIIIII, Ty Law, Richard Seymour even Assante---name me one on the D side------thought so. Secondly we had a BACK that could Close out games and not fumble, like Dillon and Antoine Smith. Ridley and Verren(/)-give me a break! And until the Pats can solve teams that can get to the QB---- rushing 4 and dropping 7, like the G-men, Pack and Niners, (The Jets used to have this 2 years ago), they will lose because you inevitably will have to depend on your defense and we know how that's turned out the past 2 SBs. We have NO Safety that can cover and CBs that are either horrible, young and unproven or new(Talib). Maybe Dennard and Talib turn into a good corner pair but not this year.   So Until we get some "D" playmakers and a running back that can close out games, second place is all the Pats will achieve.  OK now all you HOMERS can throw your knowledgeable Pats crap at me---I'm waiting.

[/QUOTE]

Jimmy:  Understanding your audience is important like All Politicians and effective speakers. Perhaps by changing the few words in BOLD, is it not the same post? Accentuate the Positive while saying the same thing.

When the Pats won their 3 SBs what did we have that we don't have now and have not had since our last win? Well Brady is still Brady so he hasn't changed. And he won with nobody receivers other than Troy Brown so lets not look at the receivers or TEs(one SB he had some TE from East Boston and won--LOL). So what is different? Here's what's different----other than Vince Wilfork, we have NO Defensive play makers on DEFENSE----we had Rodney Harrisson, Vrabel, Willie McGinnest, BREWSKIIIIII, Ty Law, Richard Seymour even Assante---name me one on the D side------thought so.

Secondly we had a BACK that could Close out games and not fumble, like Dillon and Antoine Smith. Ridley and Verren(?)- cough it up at crucial times resulting in negative Points! And until the Pats can solve teams that can get to the QB---- rushing 4 and dropping 7, like the Gmen, Pack and Niners, (The Jets used to have this 2 years ago), they will most likely lose because you inevitably will have to depend on your defense and we know how that's turned out the past 2 SBs. We have NO Safety that can cover and CBs that are either horrible, young and unproven or new(Talib). Hopefully Dennard and Talib turn into a good corner pair but do LOOK  a bit better than last year .  So Until we get some "D" playmakers and a running back that can close out games, second place is all the Pats will achieve but still make it to the dance.   OK now all you  People can throw your knowledgeable Pats data at me---I'm waiting.

--

That small corrective measure -in which I don't think I brainwashed your original thoughts - I believe, would save you much grief and probably more agreement among the troops. You forgot your Marine Training jimmy. To fight a Gorilla and win, you must become a Gorilla or Hawk in my case.  Now give me 50 ;-) You See what I mean now jimmy?  Many here think I'm talking about $50.   ;-))))) No laughs but with an audience of Marines the laugh meter pegs.

Semper Fi

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm just going stop watching 

[/QUOTE]

Hey bozo I never implied I was no longer interested in watchin g my team--some people just do not Listen to what others are saying and kind of make up their own verion of others threads. Am not being Negative about the Pats -just some objective observations----stay with me Pal--happy holidays to you and your family

[/QUOTE]

Jimmy, try some egg nog and relax. Just because you started a stupid thread it's not the end of the world.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Define "playmaker."  They're plus 20-something in turnovers (despite last week), so somebody on the defense is making plays.  

Let's review.  They won three Super Bowls by 3 points each.  They won the first one because Brady brought them down the field in the last minute after the defense gave up the lead.  They won the second one because the offense (and the opposing placekicker) bailed out the defense which gave up three 4th quarter TDs (to Jake Freaking Delhomme!!) despite all those playmakers. They were fortunate in the third one that the head coach of the opponent can't tell time and the QB lost his lunch and his mind, otherwise the defense may have given that one away. As it was, they let a comfortable lead become a nailbiter.  In those wins, the defense with all those playmakers gave up 17, 29 and 21 points.

They lost by 3 and 4, and if playmaker Asante had caught a ball, or if playmaker Harrison or any other playmaker had made a play, they'd have won one of those. The defense gave up 17 and 21 points in those losses. They still had all those playmakers you named in 2007, so maybe we can agree that those guys are worth 4 points.

This playmaker stuff is a bunch of hooey.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts