here's y AMENDOLA > WELKER!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: here's y AMENDOLA > WELKER!

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

Over the last three seasons, Amendola has caught 153 passes on 230 targets for a catch rate of 67 percent. By way of comparison, over the last three years, Welker has 326 catches on 469 targets — a rate of 70 percent. BUT HERE'S THE INTERESTING STAT. Both guys had similar SLOT opps last year. but here's the kicker and i'm sure it stood out to BB.. DA had ONE slot drop all year, WELK had 13 not including the crucial one in the playoff continuing a trend from his post-knee surgery. DA has better hands. watched some highlights and this kid is definitely more explosive (not even close) with the rock in his hands and is more physical.

he's the perfect tweener of edelman and wes. plus at 5'10 he's a bit taller as well. he's the perfect slot guy. he's a better run blocker as well. had he put up wes' numbers and not been hurt, he would legily be making 11-13m. its a steal. thank gawd for his injury past, we get him discounted. with tb throwing to him and not exposing him to certain hits and with other guys to carry the load, i see him playing in most of the games next year (like 14 in the regular season). he will quickly become a cult hero. i hope we also resign julien edelman and denard robinson as an understudy.. cheap guys with some healthy explosion upside.

good stuff. hope it shows on the field

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I expect that if he is healthy he will catch 75-100 passes. The lower end of that if the Pats either have a solid and healthy WR playing on the other side and/or continue a trend towards a heavier running game (using their 3 TEs which include Ballard).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Over the last three seasons, Amendola has caught 153 passes on 230 targets for a catch rate of 67 percent. By way of comparison, over the last three years, Welker has 326 catches on 469 targets — a rate of 70 percent. BUT HERE'S THE INTERESTING STAT. Both guys had similar SLOT opps last year. but here's the kicker and i'm sure it stood out to BB.. DA had ONE slot drop all year, WELK had 13 not including the crucial one in the playoff continuing a trend from his post-knee surgery. DA has better hands. watched some highlights and this kid is definitely more explosive (not even close) with the rock in his hands and is more physical.

he's the perfect tweener of edelman and wes. plus at 5'10 he's a bit taller as well with a superior catching radius (longer arms). he's the perfect slot guy. he's a better run blocker as well. had he put up wes' numbers and not been hurt, he would legitly be commanding 11-13m and wes would be a poor man's amendola. its a steal. thank gawd for his injury past, we get him discounted. with tb throwing to him and not exposing him to certain hits and with other guys to carry the load, i see him playing in most of the games next year (like 14 in the regular season). he will quickly become a cult hero. i hope we also resign julien edelman and denard robinson as an understudy.. cheap guys with some healthy explosion upside.

btw, lets not forget the FOUR year age difference. lots of guys get healthier in their prime (wes has peaked, this kid is just entering his greatness). and that josh got a great whiff of him in st. louis on film, day to day and what not. as i recall, he and lloyd once played together as well (before his injury). it should be seamless. amendola can play some legit flanker as well like when we put herny, vereen or lloyd in the slot to switch things up a bit.

If he was so much better why didn't Den target him over Welker for the same money?

BTW over the last two years how many games have each played? Little hard to catch passes from the sidelines

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

he's the perfect tweener of edelman and wes. plus at 5'10 he's a bit taller as well with a superior catching radius (longer arms). he's the perfect slot guy. he's a better run blocker as well. had he put up wes' numbers and not been hurt, he would legitly be commanding 11-13m and wes would be a poor man's amendola. its a steal. thank gawd for his injury past, we get him discounted. with tb throwing to him and not exposing him to certain hits and with other guys to carry the load, i see him playing in most of the games next year (like 14 in the regular season). he will quickly become a cult hero. i hope we also resign julien edelman and denard robinson as an understudy.. cheap guys with some healthy explosion upside.

btw, lets not forget the FOUR year age difference. lots of guys get healthier in their prime (wes has peaked, this kid is just entering his greatness). and that josh got a great whiff of him in st. louis on film, day to day and what not. as i recall, he and lloyd once played together as well (before his injury). it should be seamless. amendola can play some legit flanker as well like when we put herny, vereen or lloyd in the slot to switch things up a bit.

If he was so much better why didn't Den target him over Welker for the same money?

BTW over the last two years how many games have each played? Little hard to catch passes from the sidelines

denver wanted the welker name and brand. bb doesnt car just wanted the substance. when both are healthy and playin, mr. AMENDOLA has the HIGHER upside. tough to imagine for i loved wes but DA does everything wes does (perhaps not as shifty..noone is) but he does stuff that welk simply cant do.. period! i will take my chances on a 27 yo staying healthy than a 31 yo pinball who always takes shots to keep getting up with impunity. welk has a 2 year window of greatness, DA has a 5 year one!

Come on now. Den isn't hurting for fans and certainly don't need a name since they are SB contenders before the signing. They didn't sign Welker for a name and you know that. Does Amendola have higher upside, sure but so do a lot of players BB has brought in that have failed. Welker is a proven player who Den got for cheap and stole from their biggest competition. If Amendola was that much better then Welker for the same price Den would have gotten Amendola not Welker. I also find it funny you talk about health when one hasn't missed a game and the other has missed more games in the last 2 years then he's played in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am getting whiplash from all this change in direction.  Pats fans in question, have a brain, have an independent thought. 

Don't just drink the kool-aid. 

the change may be fine.  Don't kid yourself that it will be better on the field or off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I am getting whiplash from all this change in direction.  Pats fans in question, have a brain, have an independent thought. 

Don't just drink the kool-aid. 

the change may be fine.  Don't kid yourself that it will be better on the field or off.

would agree that the "success" is premature. Brady needs to work w/ Amendola during off-season to get their timing down

Sections
Shortcuts