HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ!

i could care less whether we get LJ in particular or some one like him as far as his on the field assets or whats left of them. its not about replacing maroney. faulk or even taylor (assuming he'll be back soon and back to how he was producg before his latest injury). it really comes down to upgradg between the morris or BJE spots. so far, BJE has shown me nothing. he's not playg for a reason. cant reliably block or catch. what he does best we have other guys to replicate it even better.  for now an LJ can be the instant bakup to maroney. thats already an improvement to what we have now plus he can push him due to his old reputation and cachet. if everyone is bak and healthy, LJ is a clear upgrade to BJE and right now to Morris. pats can dress 4 RBs every sunday and figure out the details later. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ!

You can't "figure out the details later," you have to make a roster move now. So is that putting Taylor on injured reserve, where he is lost for the season, or cutting Law Firm, who may have a clear role in the future of this team? Or do you jettison someone else? I am against bringing Johnson in for reasons that have nothing to do with his playing ability (or lack thereof), but even if you discount the potential locker room and public relations nightmares, and decide to bring him in, "figure it out later" isn't really an option.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

The Redskins are in the front for L J. Why he would go there I don't know he just left a team in disarray or it's the almighty $$$$$$$$$$.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sammy Morris is back in the locker room and we get Fred back in a couple of weeks, why would we want LJ? Belichick never considered it, he says he might consider every guy the media thinks might be a fit for the Patriots to give them a story to write. Even if he has a few miles left on the tank I don't see the Patriots going after him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ!:
    [QUOTE]You can't "figure out the details later," you have to make a roster move now. So is that putting Taylor on injured reserve, where he is lost for the season, or cutting Law Firm, who may have a clear role in the future of this team? Or do you jettison someone else? I am against bringing Johnson in for reasons that have nothing to do with his playing ability (or lack thereof), but even if you discount the potential locker room and public relations nightmares, and decide to bring him in, "figure it out later" isn't really an option.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]my first option would be to CUT LAW FIRM. i do not see him with a future with the pats. LJ is an upgrade over BJE and your new "law firm".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlscout. Show mlscout's posts

Larry Johnson instantly becomes the Pats best call carrier.

All the off the field issues to date will have ZERO negative impact on what the Pats have in place. 

If Taylor isnt going to be back until the last regular season game at best, you have to IR him.

On a side, BJGE is a better runner than Maroney.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

If we bring in LJ, we would not have to make a cut. I think, because we cut Kendall Simmons we would not have to do anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

cut chris taylor the RB in order to bring him in, chris taylor hasn't recieved the ball once this season and seems like a practice player who somehow made the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Okay, first off I dont think the Patriots or anyone in their front office would voluntarily inject them selves with cancer cells so I dont think they would sign LJ either. Besides the fact that the guy is an outright rascist and homophobic little child, he would demand too much money and we DONT need him.

And secondly, to MLscout, are you tripping??? Maroney is the best back on the team and will prove that over the next few weeks. He is the fastest and Belichick knows what he has and that is why he has kept him. Maroney came into the league with bone chips in his shoulder. Last year he tried to play two games with a BROKEN shoulder. He is tough, fast, and if he is good enough for Bill then that is good enough for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

LJ was too old to play RB in the NFL two years ago. We need youth at the spot, not 30 plus injury prone RBs like we currently have.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]cut chris taylor the RB in order to bring him in, chris taylor hasn't recieved the ball once this season and seems like a practice player who somehow made the team.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]chris taylor is still in the league or pats? havent heard of him all year. noone is givg lj more than the vet minimum so $ is no issue or competitn. we know how to deal with 30 somethg running baks. its a low risk thing for the rest of the year. what better way to try to cash in next year or to show others he is not a cancer than to behave for a few weeks with pats?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The more I think about it, the more I think he can keep his act together mentally for the rest of the season.However I don't think we "NEED" him to win. I don't see what the big deal is if we just pass on the guy. You seem to be beating the drum for this guy pretty hard and I'm not too sure he can win any games for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I've been saying Maroney and Law Firm can hold out till the Cavalry arrives and they will. As 49 pointed out Morris may be back next week and Taylor is two-three out. Bringing this guy in hurts the overall character of the franchise and I hope they don't do it. 
    The only reason I would see them considering it is as insurance until that position gets healthy. If we lose Maroney before Morris and Taylor can work their way back in we're in trouble.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Larry Johnson... 132 carries.  358 yards.  2.7 ypc.  occasionally talks sh*t

BJGE... 15 carries.  80 yards.  5.3 ypc.  occasionally lines up at FB and clears lanes for LM

we don't need him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Personality issues aside you want to bring in an over 30yr old RB?  The guy is done.  One can always tell by watching the demand for his services.  They aren't exactly lining up for him are they?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ!:
    [QUOTE]i could care less whether we get LJ in particular or some one like him as far as his on the field assets or whats left of them. its not about replacing maroney. faulk or even taylor (assuming he'll be back soon and back to how he was producg before his latest injury). it really comes down to upgradg between the morris or BJE spots. so far, BJE has shown me nothing. he's not playg for a reason. cant reliably block or catch. what he does best we have other guys to replicate it even better.  for now an LJ can be the instant bakup to maroney. thats already an improvement to what we have now plus he can push him due to his old reputation and cachet. if everyone is bak and healthy, LJ is a clear upgrade to BJE and right now to Morris. pats can dress 4 RBs every sunday and figure out the details later. 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Atleast we know LJ will actually be able to hit the pocket when it's open, and make some moves with a good O Line. Maroney is just a horrible runner, unless it snows. One time in the last game, he had absolute day light to the right side, and he ran into the back of his offensive Lineman and cut to the left instead. Unless maroney gets some of the brains back into the Braun, and image of what he was his rookie year. Then the Pats need help at the RB position right now. With the Pats down to just Welker, and Moss at wideout, they need to make some type of move to get them open. No one is afraid of Maroney. He telegraphs when he is running, just watch the footage. If he lines up as a single back formation in his runs, he starts about 7 yards behind Brady. If he lines up as single back during a pass, or play action, he sits about 5 to 6 yards back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ! :  Atleast we know LJ will actually be able to hit the pocket when it's open, and make some moves with a good O Line. Maroney is just a horrible runner, unless it snows. One time in the last game, he had absolute day light to the right side, and he ran into the back of his offensive Lineman and cut to the left instead. Unless maroney gets some of the brains back into the Braun, and image of what he was his rookie year. Then the Pats need help at the RB position right now. With the Pats down to just Welker, and Moss at wideout, they need to make some type of move to get them open. No one is afraid of Maroney. He telegraphs when he is running, just watch the footage. If he lines up as a single back formation in his runs, he starts about 7 yards behind Brady. If he lines up as single back during a pass, or play action, he sits about 5 to 6 yards back.
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]What i found interestg was that the pats often had 6 lineman blocking for LM against an undersized four man front of michigan and still could not break one. they even had 7 OL guys a couple of times and still nothing... Lm is serviceable but please.. lets not go nuts here. whether we get LJ or not, we are fine. he's not really a difference maker. my point is that we should kick the tires, call him in and chek it out rather than just dismissing it out of hand like so many here.... i believe he still has something left for a team like the pats or steelers or even indy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=918208&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnwe.scout.com%2f2%2f918208.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Yup we need a malcontent woman beater to round out the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ!:
    [QUOTE]i could care less whether we get LJ in particular or some one like him as far as his on the field assets or whats left of them. its not about replacing maroney. faulk or even taylor (assuming he'll be back soon and back to how he was producg before his latest injury). it really comes down to upgradg between the morris or BJE spots. so far, BJE has shown me nothing. he's not playg for a reason. cant reliably block or catch. what he does best we have other guys to replicate it even better.  for now an LJ can be the instant bakup to maroney. thats already an improvement to what we have now plus he can push him due to his old reputation and cachet. if everyone is bak and healthy, LJ is a clear upgrade to BJE and right now to Morris. pats can dress 4 RBs every sunday and figure out the details later. 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Dillon, good pick, Moss, good pick. LJ...baaaaaaad in so many ways.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

"The one thing we hate is to have somebody who is not African-American come in and say, 'You've got to do this,'" ........... "No matter how you put it, it looks like you're telling me what to do and you don't know where I'm from and what I've got to live through."......"My father (DL coach at Penn State) got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches."  

- Larry Johnson

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Personality issues aside you want to bring in an over 30yr old RB?  The guy is done.  One can always tell by watching the demand for his services.  They aren't exactly lining up for him are they?
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

excellent point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S Y WE NEED A LJ! : excellent point.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

I think it would have more to do with LJ being a racist, PR nightmare who loves him some domestic violence, than his age.  They brought in Fred Taylor this year and he is 33 and has over 1,000 more career carries than LJ.  Not to mention LJ doesn't turn 30 until 11/19.