Herman Munster = Highest Paid Ever

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Herman Munster = Highest Paid Ever

Perfect!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I do wonder if the Pats will get a decent shot at Reed now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hahaha, after 1 SB win they now think they are going to be a dynasty so they sign the QB to a Dynasty QB type contract.  Now his contract is like a Brady, Manning, Rogers, Brees.  Um, sorry Joe.  He is good but not in that contract company.  Watch as the mighty Ravens now tumble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

excellent news!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Seems about right. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

C'mon man, Peyton Manning is the real Herman Munster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

"Flacco received a six-year deal worth $120.6 million, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, establishing a new benchmark among NFL quarterbacks for average annual salary ($20.1 million)."

For that kind of money, Flaccid better throws the ball and runs upfield to catch it .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

"Flacco received a six-year deal worth $120.6 million, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, establishing a new benchmark among NFL quarterbacks for average annual salary ($20.1 million)."

For that kind of money, Flaccid better throws the ball and runs upfield to catch it .

Gotta love that .1mill part.  

Is that just greed/showoff to put him above Brees? 

Hope gets thru the season in one piece now that they can't afford to put the right parts around him to complete a team.  One and done.

Thanx Tom.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Now if the Ravens can also take over Mark Sanchez's contract and have his back up for  Flaccid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

and people said i was crazy for thinking he would get his $20 mil per

this is great news, the ravens will be irrelevant for at least the next 6 years

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Zzzzzz

This article means absolutely nothing without seeing the parameters of the contract. There is absolutely zero chance that Flacco is a cap hit of $20 million per season for 6 seasons. Isn't anyone paying attention? I am betting $40-$50 guaranteed and the back end is no way no how going to be a cap hit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

I do wonder if the Pats will get a decent shot at Reed now.

LOL, don't think we need a graybeard on the team. BB needs to go find the next Ed Reed in the draft, plus McCourty is doing pretty good at safety

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

And to think there was real talk at the beginning of the season that the Ravens would let Flacco walk at seasons end. Timing is indeed everything.

Enough with the Ed Reed thingy...he's old, slow and beaten on a regular basis like a red headed step child.

Besides, he plays where McCourty plays and not the safety position we need.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

lots of high fiving going on here.  I remember when Brady took that so-called hometown discount after winning 3 superbowls so that the team would have space to pay other players and continue their run.  How'd that work out? 

Then I remember Manning, taking a big contract, getting trashed here, then winning a superbowl. 

So when brady took his big deal, most here said he deserved it, and he did.  Still didn't produce a SB.   

Seems to me that the size of contract does not matter all that much. The details are more important and most large contracts don't get played out.  I don't really get the hoopla. 

This board used to be all about SB victories.  That was it.  Now that that hasn't happened in nearly a decade you guys have gotten really petty about every other team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Haha, what a complete JOKE! Now watch him turn back into Clark Kent during the reg season, and totally forget where his cape and blue spandex are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

lots of high fiving going on here.  I remember when Brady took that so-called hometown discount after winning 3 superbowls so that the team would have space to pay other players and continue their run.  How'd that work out? 

Then I remember Manning, taking a big contract, getting trashed here, then winning a superbowl. 

So when brady took his big deal, most here said he deserved it, and he did.  Still didn't produce a SB.   

Seems to me that the size of contract does not matter all that much. The details are more important and most large contracts don't get played out.  I don't really get the hoopla. 

This board used to be all about SB victories.  That was it.  Now that that hasn't happened in nearly a decade you guys have gotten really petty about every other team. 

Well for the most part it's about one person that likes to start threads continually about the salary cap. He loves to google articles about other team's so called short comings, bad contracts, aging units, draft busts, etc - it's not really about our football team anymore - it's about his agenda. It's no longer about us not winning Super Bowls, not spending to our own salary cap, missed oppurtunities, teams coming in here year after year in the playoffs and punching us in the face...it's about those same teams that beat us managing their salary caps wrong. It's pretty sad and laughable all at the same time.

We have a good team. We have not won anything in ten years. Our hall of fame QB is getting older...I don't see why we need to run around in the off season bashing every organization when we ourselves rely on a aging QB to keep us going.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

C'mon man, Peyton Manning is the real Herman Munster.

[QUOTE]

Manning is a little older. More like this guy. "Did you say yutes?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Zzzzzz

This article means absolutely nothing without seeing the parameters of the contract. There is absolutely zero chance that Flacco is a cap hit of $20 million per season for 6 seasons. Isn't anyone paying attention? I am betting $40-$50 guaranteed and the back end is no way no how going to be a cap hit.

[QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not...

"Once complete, the deal would make Flacco the highest-paid player in league history, surpassing New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Seven months ago, Brees signed a five-year, $100 million deal that included $61 million guaranteed over the first three years of the contract. Flacco is due to make more than Brees in the first three years of the contract, according to sources."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-joe-flacco-agree-to-terms-new-contract-0301,0,2214336.story#sthash.D0cVFSRG.dpuf

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Show me the money! This is absurd. He isn't even in top 5 QB, but as a PATS fan love it. This shows how much he thinks of his team..  3 yrs from now it will be FLACCO WHO? give him a good deal but winning 1 SB and now he's the best. Lets see how he does w/o all the talent that he feels arent worth being paid.  Football is not a one man sport, at least their are some players who get that like Brady... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Joe better give his receivers / ex receivers some of that cause this year in the playoffs this boys gave an impressidis clinic of how to go up and get it when blanketed. 

Sorry John Kerry is Herman Munster.    I don't know how to post a pic or I'd pRove it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Newsome had no choice with a weak qb draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Boom goes the dynamite!   Bye bye to the Ravens for years to come.

Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco has agreed to terms with the Baltimore Ravens on a deal that's expected to make him the highest paid quarterback in NFL history, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

AFC North blog

HensleyESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

The two sides will work on the contract language throughout the weekend and Flacco is expected to sign the deal Monday in Baltimore, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Flacco played out his rookie contract last season for $6.76 million.

Capping a perfect postseason, the unassuming and unheralded Flacco completed 22-of-33 passes for 287 yards and three first-half touchdowns, earning Super Bowl MVP honors for leading the Ravens to a 34-31 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

He wrapped up Baltimore's four-game run to the title with a record-equaling 11 TD passes and zero interceptions, going 73 of 126 for 1,140 yards. It was an impressive streak that included road victories against two of the game's most respected quarterbacks, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, and a first-round home win against No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Luck.

The 28-year-old Flacco, a fifth-year pro, threw for 22 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions in the regular season. He has thrown for 17,633 yards, 102 touchdowns and 52 interceptions in 80 career games.

Flacco is the only quarterback to win a postseason game in each of his first five pro seasons. He also holds the record for playoff road wins with six.

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Amazing what some good deep threat wide receivers that catch the ball under pressure can do for an average QB and an Oline that keeps him upright. Flacco needs to also thank the Safety from Denver who possibly gave  one  of the best examples of a blown coverage in post season history on a virtual hail mary play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Interesting..   Flacco has never been named to the AFC Pro-Bowl team, rarely is among the league leaders in QB stats and after a hot playoff streak leading to ONE SB win is now the top paid QB in the league!  More power to him, I guess, and for being in the right place at the right time.  Can we see him having a disastrous season in 2013?  Happens so often after a huge contract signing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Of course your post has to have a significant touch of insolence to it. All because he beat the Patsies. Pat's secondary made that easy for him and was one cog to entitle him to a big pay day. Ravens will still be more physical on either side of the line of scrimmage when playing NE. Soft D's don't get you to the promised land. Mes deux pences.