Herman Munster = Highest Paid Ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Herman Munster = Highest Paid Ever

Flacco lead the Ravens to a 10-6 season last season, losing the last 4 out of 5 regular season games.  Not very impressive, imo.  Sure, they put together an impressive run during the playoffs when it counted most but there should be some worries for this coming season looking how they did during the regular season last season.  Just ask the Giants!  Ravens will not repeat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Woah, highest paid ever? I knew they'd pay him but I didn't think he'd get that much.. I'm curious how Ravens fans feel about the deal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

lots of high fiving going on here.  I remember when Brady took that so-called hometown discount after winning 3 superbowls so that the team would have space to pay other players and continue their run.  How'd that work out? 

Then I remember Manning, taking a big contract, getting trashed here, then winning a superbowl. 

So when brady took his big deal, most here said he deserved it, and he did.  Still didn't produce a SB.   

Seems to me that the size of contract does not matter all that much. The details are more important and most large contracts don't get played out.  I don't really get the hoopla. 

This board used to be all about SB victories.  That was it.  Now that that hasn't happened in nearly a decade you guys have gotten really petty about every other team. 

Yet here you are still, and horse-face Manning isn't even on your team anymore.  So why is it you're here - to "judge" our posts?  If you don't like them, feel free to leave - you usually bring nothing to whatever the topic is anyway.  Also, we don't need to be "petty" about any other team - name me one Sunshine that has been as consistent as the Pats have over the last decade.  Certainly not your Colts, or even your new favorite team, the Broncos. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Haha,  Baltimore 1 n done!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Flacco lead the Ravens to a 10-6 season last season, losing the last 4 out of 5 regular season games.  Not very impressive, imo.  Sure, they put together an impressive run during the playoffs when it counted most but there should be some worries for this coming season looking how they did during the regular season last season.  Just ask the Giants!  Ravens will not repeat.

they wont make the playoffs next year

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Good for Flacco- He deserves it!At least he didn't white wash everybody into thinking what a great team guy he was by restucting his contract and giving himself a 27 Million $$ bonus like Brady did.

Are you guys still considering TB for man of the year?!laughable

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Are ther pats fans actually making fun of the Ravens after what they did to the pats in the playoff??~!

Well is that a fair question really- I should have asked if pats fans were making fun of the Ravens after the way Brady handed the Ravens the game in the playoffs?

So are you still all hero worshipping Brady for strafing the organization out of 57 million guaranteed?

TFB- No need to answer-we know what you think-hero Worshiper

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Are ther pats fans actually making fun of the Ravens after what they did to the pats in the playoff??~!

Well is that a fair question really- I should have asked if pats fans were making fun of the Ravens after the way Brady handed the Ravens the game in the playoffs?

So are you still all hero worshipping Brady for strafing the organization out of 57 million guaranteed?

just as a reference, Flacco was 16th in yards per game, 17th in TDs, 16th in QB rating, 21st in completion pct, and 16th in yards per attempt this past year. He has never thrown for more than 25 TDs or less than 10 ints in a season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

he just won the SB! and went to the playoffs the last 5 years ...not to mention he outplayed your idol Brady in the playoff game against the pats.

Your guy is old and Flacco hasn't reached his prime as of yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

are you really making fun of the pats after what they have done to the jets the past decade +?

buttfumble

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

C'mon man, Peyton Manning is the real Herman Munster.

literally laughed out loud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah. Thats what we're doing. There a problem?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

he just won the SB! and went to the playoffs the last 5 years ...not to mention he outplayed your idol Brady in the playoff game against the pats.

Your guy is old and Flacco hasn't reached his prime as of yet.

WOW!!  He had a good playoffs this past season.  ONE!  check this out...

Flacco's QB Rating

2008 - 80.3

2009 - 88.9

2010 - 93.6

2011 - 80.9

2012 - 87.7  

11 QBss had higher QB ratings than Flacco in 2012/2013, including 2 rookies!  This has to be disappointing to hear!

Flacco ranked 14 th in Yds per Game.

Flacco ranked 14 th in Yds per Attempt.

Flacco tied for 15 th in total TDs.

Flacco ranked 16 th in Yds per Game.

Here is Flaccos QB rating the past five seasons in the post season:  

2008 ranked 9 of 12 QBs

2009 ranked 12 of 12 QBs

2010 ranked 6 of 12 QBs

2011 ranked 6 of 12 QBs

2012 ranked 1 of 12 QBs  

Several Mediocre regular seasons and ONE "Elite" post-season! If it was my money, I would be a little less optimistic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

that 2nd pic is well done though TFB.. well done

LOL!  Thanks, dude!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

lots of high fiving going on here.  I remember when Brady took that so-called hometown discount after winning 3 superbowls so that the team would have space to pay other players and continue their run.  How'd that work out? 

Then I remember Manning, taking a big contract, getting trashed here, then winning a superbowl. 

So when brady took his big deal, most here said he deserved it, and he did.  Still didn't produce a SB.   

Seems to me that the size of contract does not matter all that much. The details are more important and most large contracts don't get played out.  I don't really get the hoopla. 

This board used to be all about SB victories.  That was it.  Now that that hasn't happened in nearly a decade you guys have gotten really petty about every other team. 

Yet here you are still, and horse-face Manning isn't even on your team anymore.  So why is it you're here - to "judge" our posts?  If you don't like them, feel free to leave - you usually bring nothing to whatever the topic is anyway.  Also, we don't need to be "petty" about any other team - name me one Sunshine that has been as consistent as the Pats have over the last decade.  Certainly not your Colts, or even your new favorite team, the Broncos. 

Hi Grt - Sorry I struck a nerve, but again, this board used to be all about winning superbowls.  Now you are saying its about consistency?  Is that exactly what the colts defined much to this board's chagrin during the manning years?  My how times have changed. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Worked out well. 16-0 season, AFC title games, SB appearance, etc. 

The size of the contract doesn't matter? And this is coming from a Colts fan watching Gomer eat up his team's payroll for 12 years and only getting to 1 SB?

LOL!

Really??  That 16-0 season is what you hang your hat on vs. Superbowl victories.  Used to be that the only run this board cared about was the run to a sb championship.  I guess when those don't happen you have to look for something else. 

Um and the colts went to two superbowls since Manning's second contract and won 1.  The pats haven't won any superbowls since his second contract. 

Hey I just heard Kraft say that the NFL Owners were really lucky to have Roger Goodell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

just as a reference, Flacco was 16th in yards per game, 17th in TDs, 16th in QB rating, 21st in completion pct, and 16th in yards per attempt this past year. He has never thrown for more than 25 TDs or less than 10 ints in a season.

You might want to compare flacco's stats to Brady's superbowl winning stats.  They are not dramatically different.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Hi Grt - Sorry I struck a nerve, but again, this board used to be all about winning superbowls.  Now you are saying its about consistency?  Is that exactly what the colts defined much to this board's chagrin during the manning years?  My how times have changed. 

No nerve struck, and yes, the Pats have been a model of consistency.  Consistent SB contenders, consistent playoffs, consistent in organizational philosophy, the good kind of consistent.  I mean, we could be consistent like the Jets - consistently mediocre.  This board is still about consistently winning SBs - but my oh my we haven't done that in years.  And the Colts have done it how many times?  The Jets?  You blather on about TB, but look at how much cap space your beloved horse-face and Flacco are taking up on their teams.  I don't berate them - good for them, they're getting theirs - hey this use to be America.  But to say their salaries don't inhibit their teams from getting other highly qualified players is foolish - and you of all people should know that given the pain your beloved inflicted on your team's cap over the years - JUST LIKE he's doing to Denvers.  Flacco is good, the Ravens kicked our cans - it is what it is.  Thing is, I'll guarantee you we'll be in the playoffs next year with a 1-4 seed.  Will Baltimore?  Will Denver?  Will your Colts?  Don't know, but if you had to bet right now, which team would you bet on?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Zzzzzz

This article means absolutely nothing without seeing the parameters of the contract. There is absolutely zero chance that Flacco is a cap hit of $20 million per season for 6 seasons. Isn't anyone paying attention? I am betting $40-$50 guaranteed and the back end is no way no how going to be a cap hit.

[QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not...

"Once complete, the deal would make Flacco the highest-paid player in league history, surpassing New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Seven months ago, Brees signed a five-year, $100 million deal that included $61 million guaranteed over the first three years of the contract. Flacco is due to make more than Brees in the first three years of the contract, according to sources."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-joe-flacco-agree-to-terms-new-contract-0301,0,2214336.story#sthash.D0cVFSRG.dpuf

First of all this article states nothing. 

Bree's will get $60 million guaranteed. His contract offered short term cap relief, and his cap hit this past year was $10 million. Bree's will be renegotiated( not extended) in year 3 of his contract.