Herman Munster = Highest Paid Ever

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Re: Herman Munster = Highest Paid Ever

Flacco was certainly the best quarterback in the playoffs hands down...  He certainly knew which side his bread was buttered on and now he reaps the rewards... Good for him...  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I'm going to hold my judgements until after the season.

Cam Cameron is as incompetent a coach/coordinator as there is in this league. As much as I hate Flacco, part of me wonders how he's so inconsistent in the regular season after seeing what he did in the playoffs.

Ray Rice was pretty bad and Flacco picked up the slack. Part of me believes he was held back by Cameron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Are ther pats fans actually making fun of the Ravens after what they did to the pats in the playoff??~!

Well is that a fair question really- I should have asked if pats fans were making fun of the Ravens after the way Brady handed the Ravens the game in the playoffs?

So are you still all hero worshipping Brady for strafing the organization out of 57 million guaranteed?

TFB- No need to answer-we know what you think-hero Worshiper

just as a reference, Flacco was 16th in yards per game, 17th in TDs, 16th in QB rating, 21st in completion pct, and 16th in yards per attempt this past year. He has never thrown for more than 25 TDs or less than 10 ints in a season.

You might want to compare flacco's stats to Brady's superbowl winning stats.  They are not dramatically different.

Huh?  I'm pretty sure Brady owns 3 SB rings, been to 5 SB's and had a perfect 16-0 regular season, consistantly winning 13+ games per regular season.  Owns a 96.6% career passer rating, and does this without having a Raven type defense.  It's laughable to even compare Flacco to Brady.   Now you go compare these QB's and let me know just how far away Flacco is from even being in the same breath as TFB!!   It's not even close.  It's like Ravens fans comparing Dilfer to Flacco, that's how far we are off here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Boom goes the dynamite!   Bye bye to the Ravens for years to come.

Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco has agreed to terms with the Baltimore Ravens on a deal that's expected to make him the highest paid quarterback in NFL history, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

AFC North blog

HensleyESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

The two sides will work on the contract language throughout the weekend and Flacco is expected to sign the deal Monday in Baltimore, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Flacco played out his rookie contract last season for $6.76 million.

Capping a perfect postseason, the unassuming and unheralded Flacco completed 22-of-33 passes for 287 yards and three first-half touchdowns, earning Super Bowl MVP honors for leading the Ravens to a 34-31 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

He wrapped up Baltimore's four-game run to the title with a record-equaling 11 TD passes and zero interceptions, going 73 of 126 for 1,140 yards. It was an impressive streak that included road victories against two of the game's most respected quarterbacks, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, and a first-round home win against No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Luck.

The 28-year-old Flacco, a fifth-year pro, threw for 22 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions in the regular season. He has thrown for 17,633 yards, 102 touchdowns and 52 interceptions in 80 career games.

Flacco is the only quarterback to win a postseason game in each of his first five pro seasons. He also holds the record for playoff road wins with six.

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and The Associated Press was used in this report.

atta boy Joe! cash in good for you! deserved and earned

i wouldnt care if he got back to sb next year-hope he does

(where the giants beat the ravens of course)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I am by NO means a Ravens fan, supporter, any of it but I think Flacco played an amazing series of games.  Worth being the highest paid ever?  NO.  But, he could have taken a lesser deal early in the offseason, and had to guts to say no, play the year out, and he rang the bell and cashed in.  Good for him.  It does cripple his team, but honestly did you expect them to win it all again anyway?  I sure didn't.  So he may as well get paid.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Zzzzzz

This article means absolutely nothing without seeing the parameters of the contract. There is absolutely zero chance that Flacco is a cap hit of $20 million per season for 6 seasons. Isn't anyone paying attention? I am betting $40-$50 guaranteed and the back end is no way no how going to be a cap hit.

[QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not...

"Once complete, the deal would make Flacco the highest-paid player in league history, surpassing New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Seven months ago, Brees signed a five-year, $100 million deal that included $61 million guaranteed over the first three years of the contract. Flacco is due to make more than Brees in the first three years of the contract, according to sources."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-joe-flacco-agree-to-terms-new-contract-0301,0,2214336.story#sthash.D0cVFSRG.dpuf

First of all this article states nothing. 

Bree's will get $60 million guaranteed. His contract offered short term cap relief, and his cap hit this past year was $10 million. Bree's will be renegotiated( not extended) in year 3 of his contract. 

You can't be this dumb. Do the math between what Flacco's cap hit was last year and then compare it to what his hit will be in 2013 and 2014, the potential loss of Reed, Ellerbe, Boldin, Kruger, etc, etc, etc, etc, and it's clearly going to affect the continuity on that roster in 2013, 2014 and beyond.

The fact is, his cap hit will be MUCH greater as what Brady's was in 2011 when his new deal kicked in when he was making 3.5 times the amount he had been prior.

We don't have to know specifics to the deal to know this.

His cap number was 8 last year. You can bank on it being more than that this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/50544/salary-cap-update-ravens-at-the-bottom

Absolutely 100% false, as usual.

Flacco could sign a contract with a $30 million dollar signing bonus to be annualized over his 6 year contract.

year 1 of his contract could be $2 million dollars, making his cap hit $8 million in year 2013

this is exactly how Bree's was structured. Look for Flacco to have an AAV of $20 million for 6 years, with $40-50 guaranteed and the contract to be redone in 3 years...

I read that the NFL has had something like 10 contracts in history of over $100 million. To date, the most paid out othang contract in league history is Brett Favre at $57 million. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Zzzzzz

This article means absolutely nothing without seeing the parameters of the contract. There is absolutely zero chance that Flacco is a cap hit of $20 million per season for 6 seasons. Isn't anyone paying attention? I am betting $40-$50 guaranteed and the back end is no way no how going to be a cap hit.

[QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not...

"Once complete, the deal would make Flacco the highest-paid player in league history, surpassing New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Seven months ago, Brees signed a five-year, $100 million deal that included $61 million guaranteed over the first three years of the contract. Flacco is due to make more than Brees in the first three years of the contract, according to sources."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-joe-flacco-agree-to-terms-new-contract-0301,0,2214336.story#sthash.D0cVFSRG.dpuf

First of all this article states nothing. 

Bree's will get $60 million guaranteed. His contract offered short term cap relief, and his cap hit this past year was $10 million. Bree's will be renegotiated( not extended) in year 3 of his contract. 

You can't be this dumb. Do the math between what Flacco's cap hit was last year and then compare it to what his hit will be in 2013 and 2014, the potential loss of Reed, Ellerbe, Boldin, Kruger, etc, etc, etc, etc, and it's clearly going to affect the continuity on that roster in 2013, 2014 and beyond.

The fact is, his cap hit will be MUCH greater as what Brady's was in 2011 when his new deal kicked in when he was making 3.5 times the amount he had been prior.

We don't have to know specifics to the deal to know this.

His cap number was 8 last year. You can bank on it being more than that this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/50544/salary-cap-update-ravens-at-the-bottom

Absolutely 100% false, as usual.

Flacco could sign a contract with a $30 million dollar signing bonus to be annualized over his 6 year contract.

year 1 of his contract could be $2 million dollars, making his cap hit $8 million in year 2013

this is exactly how Bree's was structured. Look for Flacco to have an AAV of $20 million for 6 years, with $40-50 guaranteed and the contract to be redone in 3 years...

I read that the NFL has had something like 10 contracts in history of over $100 million. To date, the most paid out othang contract in league history is Brett Favre at $57 million. 

keep schooling Rusty and his 7 dwarves Rkarp

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

how dare someone suggest that signing a player to the richest contract in history might make it so they cant sign some key players!

THE BLASPHEMY!

get a clue

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Are ther pats fans actually making fun of the Ravens after what they did to the pats in the playoff??~!

Well is that a fair question really- I should have asked if pats fans were making fun of the Ravens after the way Brady handed the Ravens the game in the playoffs?

So are you still all hero worshipping Brady for strafing the organization out of 57 million guaranteed?

just as a reference, Flacco was 16th in yards per game, 17th in TDs, 16th in QB rating, 21st in completion pct, and 16th in yards per attempt this past year. He has never thrown for more than 25 TDs or less than 10 ints in a season.

You might want to compare flacco's stats to Brady's superbowl winning stats.  They are not dramatically different.

Huh?  I'm pretty sure Brady owns 3 SB rings, been to 5 SB's and had a perfect 16-0 regular season, consistantly winning 13+ games per regular season.  Owns a 96.6% career passer rating, and does this without having a Raven type defense.  It's laughable to even compare Flacco to Brady.   Now you go compare these QB's and let me know just how far away Flacco is from even being in the same breath as TFB!!   It's not even close.  It's like Ravens fans comparing Dilfer to Flacco, that's how far we are off here.

I am pretty sure Brady has a number of extra years on Flacco, too.  The point is that when brady was winning those superbowls (not losing them) his numbers weren't significantly different than Flacco's. 

Brady's numbers started increasing after his superbowl wins. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I am pretty sure Brady has a number of extra years on Flacco, too.  The point is that when brady was winning those superbowls (not losing them) his numbers weren't significantly different than Flacco's. 

It should also be known after those wins, Brady didn't make what Flacco is making.  His first really at market level contract was the one he signed last time.  Before that he was relatively inexpensive.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just look at the Patriots record over the years compared to the Ravens.  It's pretty consistant that TFB has led the Patriots to 11,12,13,14 win seasons while not playing with stellar defenses.  Flacco on the other hand has had 9, 11,12, 10 season records playing with pretty darn good defenses.  There really is no comparisson, Brady's numbers are by far better.  The only reason Flacco gets this current contract is who else can the Ravens get?  Their hands are pretty tied.  Either let Flacco walk and get a mediocre QB or pay him to stay.  Now You have Aaron Rodgers being way under paid compared to Flacco.  Who would you rather have?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport         Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Particulars on Joe Flacco's deal: $52 million guaranteed. $51M over 2 years. $62M for 3 years, per Joe Linta

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport         Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

I almost can't believe this... But #Ravens QB Joe Flacco has a $6.8 million salary cap number in 2013. That's pretty club-friendly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

how dare someone suggest that signing a player to the richest contract in history might make it so they cant sign some key players!

THE BLASPHEMY!

get a clue

hiya queenie!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Ian Rapoport         Ian Rapoport â€@RapSheet

I almost can't believe this... But #Ravens QB Joe Flacco has a $6.8 million salary cap number in 2013. That's pretty club-friendly.

this will drive rusty and the 7 dwarves up a tree

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Flacco did not play in the pre bloated offensive Goodell era.  Dude, whether your small brain can comprehend it or not, the league changed when Brady's numbers started going up.

Your GM kept pushing and pushing to over-enforce the Chuck Rule, Goodell saw it as a way to promote more points for more ratings, and here we are.

To pretend Flacco is on Brady's level at any time of his career is a joke.

the last sentence is certainly true

the rest is more bs as usual

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Rocky's comment:

Ian Rapoport         Ian Rapoport â€@RapSheet

this will drive rusty and the 7 dwarves up a tree

Rusty will disappear from the thread. On a later thread he will call all of us dumb, trash me personally all day on his 250 daily posts, deny he ever said such a thing, call me a liar, tell us his IQ and insult our professions. He will then proceed to boast how everyone on this board loves him and acknowledges his genious accept for a very few of us. He will end saying he warned Ozzie about this 3 years ago and why doesnt Ozzie listen to him more often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Just look at the Patriots record over the years compared to the Ravens.  It's pretty consistant that TFB has led the Patriots to 11,12,13,14 win seasons while not playing with stellar defenses.  Flacco on the other hand has had 9, 11,12, 10 season records playing with pretty darn good defenses.  There really is no comparisson, Brady's numbers are by far better.  The only reason Flacco gets this current contract is who else can the Ravens get?  Their hands are pretty tied.  Either let Flacco walk and get a mediocre QB or pay him to stay.  Now You have Aaron Rodgers being way under paid compared to Flacco.  Who would you rather have?

Got no problem with your thinking, but again, Brady's early numbers with great defenses and Flacco's are not too different.  People were high fiving one another after the brady deal after 04 that they got a hometown discount.  Sure the pats were competitive, but they didn't win anything. 

Didn't Flacco play better than brady in last year's afccg, too?  Wasn't there a missed PI on a go ahead TD at the end of that game and a missed FG that Brady never had to endure? 

I am just saying that Flacco has performed.  Just like Brady got his big deal, and now will be earning more over the next 2 seasons, fully guaranteed, than his now old deal would have paid him, I think the high fiving is a little much. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Flacco did not play in the pre bloated offensive Goodell era.  Dude, whether your small brain can comprehend it or not, the league changed when Brady's numbers started going up.

Your GM kept pushing and pushing to over-enforce the Chuck Rule, Goodell saw it as a way to promote more points for more ratings, and here we are.

To pretend Flacco is on Brady's level at any time of his career is a joke.

Ah, the typical Rusty intelligence insult followed by his own unintelligence.  Brady's numbers went up because he had become a seasoned QB who could handle the extra work, and he was good.  The rule was emphasized in 2004.  brady threw for 72 more yards that season than the prior season and for less yards than 2 seasons prior.  In 2006 he threw for even less.  It wasn't really until 2007 that the change was dramatically different for Brady and the rule emphasis had already been in place for 3 years. 

BTW - Goodell didn't become commissioner until 2006. The chuck rule emphasis happened in 2004.  To quote Babe - learn the game, dummy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

flacco deal looks pretty cap friendly for the next 3 years.  That is what the deal is, a 3 year deal. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/05/the-full-flacco-deal/

6.8 in 2013; 14.8 in 2014; 14.55 in 2015.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

how can that be because Rusty said, "Boom goes the dynamite! Bye bye to the Ravens for years to come."

you mean he is wrong as usual?

notice how he disappeared from this thread very quickly once proven how uneducated he is?

watch, he will now come back and say that I am a liar, and I said 3 years ago Sanchez was great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I do not understand the structure of the Flacco's contract.  I don't think I've ever seen a contract so backloaded in my lifetime.  Unless they plan to cut him after year 3 they are going to have to extend him for a LONG time to make that part of the deal reasonable.  Consider that in order to get Brady's cap hit down from 21 million to like 15 NE had to extend him for 3 years at a below market average value.  Flacco will have 3 years of almost 30 million in cap hit if they don't extend him.  Perhaps they are banking on a significant salary cap increase because I don't see how they can get that number down without a HUGE extension.

25. This post has been removed.