Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.

Bufalo will be a test. Even more improtant will bethe offensive line.
    brady's brace saved his season sunday. said so himself in interview.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.

this is where I think BB really blew it by not protecting either Lee Smith or Yateman....with Aron out they could have used the extra blocking TE to help with the running game as well as protecting Brady....

I hope it's Price that gets the chance to step up....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

According to everything I've read he's only out for 1-2 weeks with an MCL sprain. Do you have a link to the new information?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.:
    this is where I think BB really blew it by not protecting either Lee Smith or Yateman....with Aron out they could have used the extra blocking TE to help with the running game as well as protecting Brady.... I hope it's Price that gets the chance to step up....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan
    Price is a WR,Hernandez is a TE/H-Back,they don't play the same position.Also they have Garrett Mills on the PS if they need another H-Back type TE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.:
    According to everything I've read he's only out for 1-2 weeks with an MCL sprain. Do you have a link to the new information?
    Posted by sportsbozo1

hey sports its on all the websites now. 4-6 weeks is the more recent report.
    wozz, how often have you sprained an mcl?
    there are degrees.
    i'm reporting here what i've seen and heard on several of pats news sites.
    truth will be in the healing.
    but if theyre reporting 4-6 weeks i dont think that is less accurate than 1-2 weeks. 
    in fact if its my knee,  a player i'm coaching or me as a fan, i err on the conservative side for how long i wnat him out, otherwise you're risking his knee for much more time later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.

It's a sprain, 1-2 weeks max...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"this is where I think BB really blew it by not protecting either Lee Smith or Yateman....with Aron out they could have used the extra blocking TE to help with the running game as well as protecting Brady...."

I really can't see all the angst about letting go a 5th rd pick and an UDFA who've never taken a snap in a regular season game.  If you're looking for a blocking TE, why aren't D. Gronkowski and Solder just as good options??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Nate Solder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up. : hey sports its on all the websites now. 4-6 weeks is the more recent report. wozz, how often have you sprained an mcl? there are degrees. i'm reporting here what i've seen and heard on several of pats news sites. truth will be in the healing. but if theyre reporting 4-6 weeks i dont think that is less accurate than 1-2 weeks.  in fact if its my knee,  a player i'm coaching or me as a fan, i err on the conservative side for how long i wnat him out, otherwise you're risking his knee for much more time later.
    Posted by bredbru

then let's see a few links if it's on "all the websites now".

Mike Reiss is reporting 1-2 weeks so I think I'll take his word for now......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up. : then let's see a few links if it's on "all the websites now". Mike Reiss is reporting 1-2 weeks so I think I'll take his word for now......
    Posted by CTPatsFan17

How could you? Don't you know that if it's on some jerk's website then it's true?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

If it's 4-6 weeks, I would expect them to activate Garrett Mills from the practice squad, he is the same type of TE/HB as Hernandez.  He may not be as good, but he is the same size with the same type of skill set.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i havent seen it either...man there a lot of chicken littles on this blog...its not 2012 yet...and we dont need no stinking badges

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Number 77 is reporting as eligible was said 20 times over the PA at the game Sunday

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

This is all guessing for time off............Pats arent going to say anything so no one knows jack bone!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Yea Harley, they used him quite a bit in the 3 TE set running game and will continue to do so and definitely may see him inside the 5-10 yd line, talk about matchup nightmare!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

PFVA33...6  foot 8 Solder 6 foot 7 Gronk the new monsters of the midway

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.:
    I'll take Reiss's word, not the drama queen websites.   I would guess it's 2 weeks and then they'll see where he is. Edelman time.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Sometimes. I expect we'll see everybody at one time or another depending on the situation. Less of Edelman though since blocking will be the more important issue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

For blocking someone alrady said it - SOLDER

For receiving they will use a diffferent set of packages which will feature 1 TE and 3 WRs or 1 TE 2 WR and 2 RBs rather than the 2 TE packages. They have the depth and talent to do that.

I hope he is back for the Jets game though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up. : then let's see a few links if it's on "all the websites now". Mike Reiss is reporting 1-2 weeks so I think I'll take his word for now......
    Posted by CTPatsFan17

Here's a cite on Hernandez being out 4-6 weeks. This sucks:
    http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2011/9/19/2435539/aaron-hernandez-injury-sprained-mlc-new-england-patriots-nfl-news

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Hardly the end of the world. The Pats are going to put up points. I'll panic if they lose anyone in the secondary since that is by far the biggest weakness of the team right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Who really knows how long...but guess what, they will survive...it's a nasty, hard game and people get hurt...I'm inclined to believe 2 weeks, and they have guys on the active roster right now to fill in...Solder will definitely be in A LOT, especially when they try to run, and when in the red zone...he was a BEAST as a blocking TE....Edleman has the guts and quickness to go across the middle like Hernandez did, can split outside and still provide LB's a SS's a matchup horror.

Tougher without Hernandez? No doubt. End of the world , even if he's out six weeks (which I highly doubt)? ...Hardly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm a little surprised -- with all the he said/he said about how long Hernandez might be out -- that no one is addressing the larger scenario of this guy, perhaps, being a plate glass window.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

If it had been any other reason why he's out, I'd agree with you to a point...but the guy took a Sanders helmet to the knee...I'm not surprised he'll be out for a couple of weeks...

LOL...Sanders used the only part of his body that still works...his helmut encased skull.....the rest has been eaten away by roids and HGH.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

did you see the hit??  (bob sanders the human missle) with a helmet straight to the knee... i told my son right when it happened hes hurt on that one...

curran is reporting 4-6 as well...  edleman can and will fill that role...otherwise they will activate ..the hback from the PS

Sections
Shortcuts