Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.

So is it 1-2 weeks, or 4-6?  Globe is still reporting this as 1-2 weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's probably closer to 3-4 weeks I think. Whatever it is, we'll need a plan for at least the next 3 opponents. Hopefully he is back for the Jets game and is fully healed.

I think we have options, but no one player can replace Hernandez in everything he does. Edelman can't block like him and is not as physical. Solder can run or catch like him..Garrett Mills can't do anything like him. We'll probably see his production spread across different players based on formation/down and distance, etc.

In the end, I think we'll be okay over the next 3-4 weeks. Defenses are still playing catch up, and by the time Hernandez returns, things should be in full swing.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

i trust Reiss and Moonwalker on this one... 1-2 weeks !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

1 to 6 weeks, you heard it here first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, tie for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up. :      Here's a cite on Hernandez being out 4-6 weeks. This sucks: http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2011/9/19/2435539/aaron-hernandez-injury-sprained-mlc-new-england-patriots-nfl-news
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I took a look at this website. There is nothing there a 15 year old couldn't write. In fact the site could have been designed by a fifteen year old. I doubt any of the writers has an inside track on anything.

Bottom line..He'll be back when he's ready. In the meantime BB and Brady will adapt. No team is immune to injuries and the ones that can adapt remain competative.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

either way we will be ok.. there are pleanty of other options, edelman for one. blocking wont be an issue either.

let hernandez get healthy, whatever it takes. he seems like he is a guy who may not be that durable so let him heal for later when we need him more. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.:
    [QUOTE]either way we will be ok.. there are pleanty of other options, edelman for one. blocking wont be an issue either. let hernandez get healthy, whatever it takes. he seems like he is a guy who may not be that durable so let him heal for later when we need him more. 
    Posted by kjfitone[/QUOTE]

As jcour said earlier an injury from a helmet hit to the knee isn't a sign of a guy not being durable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't really see any contradiction between the reports.  It will likely be 1-2 weeks, but COULD be as long as 6 weeks.  The article did not say he WILL be out that long, only that it could be that long.  They didn't even say it's likely to be that long.  Hope for the best but prepare for the worst is always a good strategy.  We still have a lot of offensive weapons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Why don't we also add Vereen to that list of players to fill in. I'm not sure what his current status is, but we know the kid can catch, and is probably, when healthy, the best pure receiver out of the backfield we have. I've seen him line up in the slot before and also out wide. he could be used as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hern OUT 5-6 Weeks, time for OCHO/SLATER/PRICE/EDELMAN to step up. : As jcour said earlier an injury from a helmet hit to the knee isn't a sign of a guy not being durable.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

no doubt, that would injure anyone, he needs to heal completely before putting him back out there and adding another injury. especially with that injury.  we have the guys to keep putting the points on the board till he is healthy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's 21.  He'll be playing against the Jets.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Vrabel is out there.2 way Vrabel at TE.............Ya mon!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Curran is the ONLY one who has reported 4-6 weeks.  Any story with a mention of 4-6 weeks links to Curran's expert medical analysis...so I would take that with a grain of salt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

To me it's gotta be Edelman and Price in different alignments through the game. Lots of screens and Gronkowski lead blocking with Solder. Try that a few times, eh? A good mix of Ridley is also in order-it's time now against Buffalo.

Buffalo's secondary will open things up for more of Welker in the slot with short catches/long YAC as well as quick slants accross the middle. Branch will still be the deadly go-to-man in Zone. I haven't seen too many WR's that are better in Zone coverage. Look what the Raiders did in the zone defense that Buffalo had to finally abandon.

We'll do fine without Hernandez while he heals.

Pats win 42 - 24 GiGGEDY, GIGGEDY?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I just hope he didn't hurt it worst by staying in the no huddle when he was clearly on his way to ask for a sub! Then he caught the next ball thrown to him!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TIME TO BRING MOSS IN!!!