Hern should sit and get healthy for the long haul; Vereen should get more play ginst bills, develop him keep ridley a little fresh for playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

I think they should have doctors evaluate his health and determine if he can play.

they have drs. drs dont decide if a player plays, coaches do.

i made an opinon based on my evaluation (of wanting him to be completley healthy not limping the reest of teh season becasue his high ankle sprain didnt heal completely. like after last practice that knocked him back out. do you know what a high ankle sprain is by the way? and how long approximatley it takes to heal? i want him healthy for sf and houston and thw playoffs. where we will   need him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I agree with Brdbreu. If Hernandez is not 100% do not play him. We need him and Gronk 100% for the playoffs. I think what Brdbreu is saying is give Ridley his 20 carries but dont overuse him. Give Vereen / Woodhead the other 20 that might have gone to Bolden, instead of a 30-10 split.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

sry duplicate post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I agree with Brdbreu. If Hernandez is not 100% do not play him. We need him and Gronk 100% for the playoffs. I think what Brdbreu is saying is give Ridley his 20 carries but dont overuse him. Give Vereen / Woodhead the other 20 that might have gone to Bolden, instead of a 30-10 split.

someone else who sees the long view re hern.

hey quag, actually im saying this week drop ridleys carries to something liek vereens total ladn put vereen in for ridley like # of carrries. he needs to show sometime what he can be; and against the bills where we dont need our top offense to blow them out, is a perfect time. they have sucked agaisnt the run as well. ridley doesnt need to get b@nged up agaisnt a subpar team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

someone else who sees the long view re hern.

hey quag, actually im saying this week drop ridleys carries to something liek vereens total ladn put vereen in for ridley like # of carrries. he needs to show sometime what he can be; and against the bills where we dont need our top offense to blow them out, is a perfect time. they have sucked agaisnt the run as well. ridley doesnt need to get b@nged up agaisnt a subpar team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can kind of agree with sitting Hernandez if he's not close to 100%, but as far as Ridley goes, that's a whole different story. The guy is young, he's had a week off and twenty to twenty five carries shouldn't bother a kid his age half way through his second season. I mean he could blow out a knee, but that could happen anytime, but you're not going to wear him out. They manage this guy pretty well anyway, it seems like he gets most of his carries in the second half.

Give him 25 carries, let him get into a rythem and then let Vareen and Woodhead have the other 10 to 15 carries. Keep in mind that Ridley is not out there on most passing downs either...Vareen and Woodhead can handle that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Again with this giving Ridley less carries bull I keep reading, Ridley is 23 years old. He's as healthy and as energetic as he's ever going to be. Stop talking about his health! You're going to jinx it!

If Vereen had anything to contribute he'd be out on the field contributing to the team. Bolden got some snaps and he was an undrafted FA, don't you think Bill wants to play Vereen too?

And why keep resting Hern? Doctor says he's okay to go, Hern says he's okay to go, BB thinks he is okay to go. Let him play, why add rust to such a dynamic player?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Again with this giving Ridley less carries bull I keep reading, Ridley is 23 years old. He's as healthy and as energetic as he's ever going to be. Stop talking about his health! You're going to jinx it!

If Vereen had anything to contribute he'd be out on the field contributing to the team. Bolden got some snaps and he was an undrafted FA, don't you think Bill wants to play Vereen too?

And why keep resting Hern? Doctor says he's okay to go, Hern says he's okay to go, BB thinks he is okay to go. Let him play, why add rust to such a dynamic player?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

And the pussification of America hits Patriots fans! Come on, seriously people. No NFL football player goes through a season without playing through injuries. If he is healthy enough to play, then play him. Why why why why give Vareen more carries, we finally have a really good RB who can carry the load and now Pats fans want his back up to get more carries so they can gain experience. How about we keep giving the ball to Ridley and he gains even more comfidence and experience. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hernandez was almost ready two weeks ago.  He's out there practicing every day.  Forget about sitting him.  BB has him as "questionable" because BB regularly puts hangnails as questionable.  The NFL never questions "questionable". 

Vereen has earned more play against the Bills, but Ridley belongs in the game also.  Vereen is a bit quicker but not as strong.  Woodhead needs a few touches also.  If Hernandez gets a carry that's good also.  Tossing two or more different backs with different styles at a defense messes them up for tackling either back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yup, I waited 15 minutes for the message to post.  No sign.  I hit the button a second time.  No sign.  I opened a new window and I had posted twice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Yup, I waited 15 minutes for the message to post.  No sign.  I hit the button a second time.  No sign.  I opened a new window and I had posted twice.

Boston.com "haha we got him too"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think they should wait until Hernandez is 100%. Like a hamstring any kind of strain, sprain, or tear will keep coming back until fully healed. It can become chronic if not managed properly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think they should wait until Hernandez is 100%. Like a hamstring any kind of strain, sprain, or tear will keep coming back until fully healed. It can become chronic if not managed properly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

reports today state Hernandez "suffered a setback" in practice this week and will not play against Buffalo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

reports today state Hernandez "suffered a setback" in practice this week and will not play against Buffalo.

I've heard he's going to sit, which I think came from Schefter.  I haven't heard about him suffering a setback.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I've heard he's going to sit, which I think came from Schefter.  I haven't heard about him suffering a setback.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

got me too

Sections
Shortcuts