Hernandez arraigned on multiple charges including Murder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Hernandez arraigned on multiple charges including Murder

In response to ATJ's comment:

No disrespect to either of you but, in my judgment, what happened here has absolutely nothing to do with what generation Aaron Hernandez belongs to.  I'm a baby boomer (actually a leading edge boomer) and we had our share of punks when I was kid.  Three guys I know personally did hard time: two in Walpole (unrelated armed robbery convictions) and the third is doing life (unless he's been paroled) in a Canadian prison for murder.  A punk is a punk no matter when he was born and Aaron Hernandez is a punk.

You are right, the generation shouldn't matter. BUT, I do see more and more kids turning into disrespectful "punks" due to parents who never taught them the valuable lessons they needed growing up, like the value of life and respect.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

The details presented by the proesecution on the execution type murder of Odlin are beyond sick. Shot as he tried to get out of the vechicle, shot as he tried to protect himself, shot in cold blood multiple times. AH ( his intials are fitting for the type of human he is) is a cruel rotten dude,  Whitey Bulger type killer.

The evidence must be strong on the murder one charge. No bail.  Shocking stuff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not disagreeing with you one bit on your take of my generation.  It's sick.  However, some blame lies in the upbringing by today's parents.  So many parents today coddle and worship their kids like they're the next coming of Jesus.  Every team gets trophies at tournaments just for "participation."  Every time a kid gets in trouble, the parents make sure their feelings aren't hurt and that they're okay.  Instead of getting a boot in the azz when a kid gets in trouble, most of today's parents look to blame somebody else for their child's behavior.  It's so true.

I agree with a lot of this. I see a ton of parents that simply aren't involved (enough) with their kids upbringing. Most of us who have kids, don't have the luxury that our parents did when we were growing up of leaving 1 parent home to take care of the kids, while the other earned a living. Today economy has both parents working to survive, leaving our kids in the hands of daycare. I do it myself, as I don't have a choice.

I do however try and spend a lot of time trying to teach core values to my boys (9 & 10). I hate punks with the "entitled" attitude...I see it every day. I'm tough with my boys, and have zero tolerance for any type of rudeness, back talk, etc. I teach them to respect others, and I teach them proper manners. I'm sure they will make some mistakes in life, but I'm confident that the core values I teach them today will help them through the bad decisions they might make in the future.

We have too many "kids raising kids" and the values aren't there anymore. That, IMO, is the real problem.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you 100% tanbass and I didn't mean to generalize.  I wanted to make it clear by saying "most parents" or "so many" so it wasn't misconstrued that the blame is directly on them and that all parents are doing it.  I live with a single-mother who busts her butt and works two jobs, cooks every night, has been hard on me and my sisters from day 1 but is also nurturing, etc.

It's definitely a tough balance to achieve but a lot of parents just don't know how to keep their foot down.  Oh well.  

On a side note, you seem like a good dude and I'm sure your kids will turn out just fine.  lol cheers man

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

Not disagreeing with you one bit on your take of my generation.  It's sick.  However, some blame lies in the upbringing by today's parents.  So many parents today coddle and worship their kids like they're the next coming of Jesus.  Every team gets trophies at tournaments just for "participation."  Every time a kid gets in trouble, the parents make sure their feelings aren't hurt and that they're okay.  Instead of getting a boot in the azz when a kid gets in trouble, most of today's parents look to blame somebody else for their child's behavior.  It's so true.

I agree with a lot of this. I see a ton of parents that simply aren't involved (enough) with their kids upbringing. Most of us who have kids, don't have the luxury that our parents did when we were growing up of leaving 1 parent home to take care of the kids, while the other earned a living. Today economy has both parents working to survive, leaving our kids in the hands of daycare. I do it myself, as I don't have a choice.

I do however try and spend a lot of time trying to teach core values to my boys (9 & 10). I hate punks with the "entitled" attitude...I see it every day. I'm tough with my boys, and have zero tolerance for any type of rudeness, back talk, etc. I teach them to respect others, and I teach them proper manners. I'm sure they will make some mistakes in life, but I'm confident that the core values I teach them today will help them through the bad decisions they might make in the future.

We have too many "kids raising kids" and the values aren't there anymore. That, IMO, is the real problem.

[/QUOTE]

You don't need me to tell you this but it's clear that you are making the kind of personal and emotional investments in your boys that will pay enormous dividends.  Anyone with an average sperm count can be a biological father.  Only someone who is prepared to invest of themselves can be a Dad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

One other comment that stands out:

"I can't trust you anymore" as the text between Hern and Lloyd, I believe was the quote.

Trust him for what?  Associating with other gang types in the area?  For  not being responsible for moving the quantities of drugs Hernandez has helped bankroll?

I mean, what is the motive?  Why would you kill a guy because he's associating with bad people?  Just don't associate with him!  

Would not be shocked at all, as unfortunately suspected last week, if this is a deeper case than just some horrendously planned murder.

The sloppiness of it is so bad, you would think there is other stuff going on, more deeply rooted than some random decision to whack a "friend", just because.

Who sais he was a friend?  He probably met him AFTER coming to boston. Whats that, 3 years at the most. NO, not a friend. An associate. We have yet to hear drug involvement so why keep mentioning it. We dont know that A.H. sold drugs or had anyone doing it, but you call me a drug dealer so you can be sort of a drama queen in regards to things you dont know about. The guy(victim) was conversing with known enemies of A.H. , hence I cant trust you,. You could be setting me up. Leave it to the proffesionals, ,rusty. Im serious. Its obvious hurting your little brain just to grasp it, but it happens,. Pats just drafted the average hood cat, capable of murder in certain situations. Not being a proffesional murderer was his problem and why he got caught. If he think the victim is maybe setting him up to be robbed, killed, etc. He acted in a way he saw fit to fix it. You dont have to understand it, it doesnt have to make sense, but please just move on. Its Done!  A.H. is mostly likely paranoid after getting all that money and it didnt take much for him to act on those paranoid thoughts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Anyone with an average sperm count can be a biological father.  Only someone who is prepared to invest of themselves can be a Dad.

Amen Brother!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

You don't need me to tell you this but it's clear that you are making the kind of personal and emotional investments in your boys that will pay enormous dividends.  Anyone with an average sperm count can be a biological father.  Only someone who is prepared to invest of themselves can be a Dad.

well said. The only problem/difficutly is you can be the best parents in the world, but sometimes your kids are only as good as their peers. The average working parents spend maybe 4 to 5 hours a day with their kids if lucky and school is like 8 huors of interaction with every kid who may not have parents, let alone good ones. This is more of a demographic problem that some cant relate too, but just trying to provide perspective to it. Not having a father figure is the biggest issue,  and then when you do a good job, have to retrain or unbrainwash stuff they learn at school. This is why im involved with community, sports ,etc to try to teach these kids when I can cuz in its all our best interest. Your kid may have beef with mine one day,. so I want all kids to know whats up. Everybody gotta do their part in the innner city and they dont. Living in a nice suburb with 2 parents is luxury not afforded to most kids who grew up in the city.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

well said. The only problem/difficutly is you can be the best parents in the world, but sometimes your kids are only as good as their peers. The average working parents spend maybe 4 to 5 hours a day with their kids if lucky and school is like 8 huors of interaction with every kid who may not have parents, let alone good ones. This is more of a demographic problem that some cant relate too, but just trying to provide perspective to it. Not having a father figure is the biggest issue,  and then when you do a good job, have to retrain or unbrainwash stuff they learn at school. This is why im involved with community, sports ,etc to try to teach these kids when I can cuz in its all our best interest. Your kid may have beef with mine one day,. so I want all kids to know whats up. Everybody gotta do their part in the innner city and they dont. Living in a nice suburb with 2 parents is luxury not afforded to most kids who grew up in the city.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you and fully understand your point.  Good parenting is hard work made all the more difficult under the circumstances you describe.  The important thing, in my opinion, is recognizing the challenges that are there and doing whatever you can to overcome them.  No matter the circumstances, if you'll pardon me, ain't none of it easy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

No...AH destroyed the DVR for the system...he's a moron...broke his cell phone too....all he really had to do was take out the chip...just a fool beyond all imagination...probably done in a panic...nothing worse than a panicked moronic thuggish punk...besides...you really think the DA doesn't know what this is all about?  They know.....it's just not smart to lay out everything they have on AH before they have to...they still are working their sources and whichever "confederate" is yapping....

Just a question (not arguing)--if the DVR was destroyed, how'd the DA's office get the surveillance video from AH's system?  They clearly stated they had it up to the time AH returned home, walked through the house carrying a gun, went down into the basement and "shut off" the surveillance system.

Did he not smash the drive well enough, or was it also being fed to a central offsite monitoring system somewhere (I know, I'm asking for speculation)?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Just heard on channel 5 news abc a second person arrest in connection with this case in bristol ,conn ,they gave a name  and all got him on fugitive warrents.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

Just a question (not arguing)--if the DVR was destroyed, how'd the DA's office get the surveillance video from AH's system?  They clearly stated they had it up to the time AH returned home, walked through the house carrying a gun, went down into the basement and "shut off" the surveillance system.

Did he not smash the drive well enough, or was it also being fed to a central offsite monitoring system somewhere (I know, I'm asking for speculation)?

The NSA gave the MA State Police a copy of what it has.Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I hear you and fully understand your point.  Good parenting is hard work made all the more difficult under the circumstances you describe.  The important thing, in my opinion, is recognizing the challenges that are there and doing whatever you can to overcome them.  No matter the circumstances, if you'll pardon me, ain't none of it easy.

Being a good Dad/Parent is by far the toughest job I've ever taken on, period. The good part is that it's also the most rewarding. I wouldn't trade it for any amount of $$ in the world....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

so long as the hard drive is intact, forensic IT dudes can recover data

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I wouldn't trade it for any amount of $$ in the world....

Nor would I.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

I, too, am having difficulty getting my head around how in the name of common sense could Hernandez have done such an astonishingly stupid, brutal and self-destructive act.  

It's fascinating, isn't it?  At these Rookie Symposiums, just play the arraignment of Hernandez every year.  Arguably, the most structured organization in sports and for whatever reason, this kid goes off the rails.

Most 23 year olds are still a little immature or REALLY immature, especially in that Millennial Generation. I know for a fact what we see now at 22 and 23 (in general in 2013) was nowhere near what my generation was like a decade ago.  There seems to be this pervasive sense of entitlement in that generation and that appears to be another example of it.

Look at the rash of behaviors.  

A lot of kids in my generation have been wired to act the way they do because that's the only thing they know; their parents treated them this way throughout their lives.  So, a lot of the blame lies on "Generation X" with some of these kids.

BS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Going away for a LONG time. Definitely the last day that he will be considered a tight end! Waste of talent but he kept it real when they tested his gangsta. ;)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Props to you guys for wanting kids and raising them well... I couldn't do it. I would probably name them "Deduction 214" if I did. 

I am the same generation as Hernandez as I will be 25 in October. I think a lot of people don't give my generation the credit we deserve. Yeah, there are some bad dudes and entitled brats, but when wasn't there? However, there is definitely a noticable decline of morals and ethics today. I hope parents start spending more time with their children and disciplining them instead of buying them a videogame when they misbehave. Major props once again.

I think this Hernandez thing is a classic case of a bad guy who thought he was invincible.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

I don't post often here, although living in florida I do check these boards to help follow my teams.

This situation is no different than a punk from any other generation, 1940's, 50's 60's etc... The issue here is, he is a sports figure. Every channel has this on. Channel 7 Miami is all over it.Think back to all the Ray Lewis riff raff from a few years ago.

This case has many more headlines that are going to come out during trial.  Distribution of drugs, who knows, I don't. We do know this, people will talk after authorities dig more dirt on whomever is involved prior or after the crime was committed. 

From the time when we were all  waiting for a warrant to be served,  from listening to the DA today..  Sounds like they wanted their chips all in a stack before they went national headline media.

He is a piece of trash, I'm actually amazed he kept it low key for this long.  The life many of us wish we could live, he just threw away in one night of whatever riff raff he was involved with.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I have that; "Did he really just do that?"feeling like I had when Len Bias died.  But this is dumber.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Props to you guys for wanting kids and raising them well... I couldn't do it. I would probably name them "Deduction 214" if I did. 

I am the same generation as Hernandez as I will be 25 in October. I think a lot of people don't give my generation the credit we deserve. Yeah, there are some bad dudes and entitled brats, but when wasn't there? However, there is definitely a noticable decline of morals and ethics today. I hope parents start spending more time with their children and disciplining them instead of buying them a videogame when they misbehave. Major props once again.

I think this Hernandez thing is a classic case of a bad guy who thought he was invincible.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

As a fellow 25 year old I appreciate this post. Personally I think it comes down to parenting. But that's just my opinion. My tight circle of friends growing up were not the greatest guys to be hanging around with. But I had no other choice just based on the area of town I grew up. But I my parents were always on my case with the things that were important (education, athletics, just being a decent human being), and I think I turned out pretty good.

I think there are way too many people these days that just have kids for the sake of having kids , with no commitment to actual parenting. But like other people have said, there are thugs in every generation and there will always be thugs. And that's all AH was. A thug that could play football.