Hernandez arraigned on multiple charges including Murder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Hernandez arraigned on multiple charges including Murder

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

I, too, am having difficulty getting my head around how in the name of common sense could Hernandez have done such an astonishingly stupid, brutal and self-destructive act.  

It's fascinating, isn't it?  At these Rookie Symposiums, just play the arraignment of Hernandez every year.  Arguably, the most structured organization in sports and for whatever reason, this kid goes off the rails.

Most 23 year olds are still a little immature or REALLY immature, especially in that Millennial Generation. I know for a fact what we see now at 22 and 23 (in general in 2013) was nowhere near what my generation was like a decade ago.  There seems to be this pervasive sense of entitlement in that generation and that appears to be another example of it.

Look at the rash of behaviors.  

Not disagreeing with you one bit on your take of my generation.  It's sick.  However, some blame lies in the upbringing by today's parents.  So many parents today coddle and worship their kids like they're the next coming of Jesus.  Every team gets trophies at tournaments just for "participation."  Every time a kid gets in trouble, the parents make sure their feelings aren't hurt and that they're okay.  Instead of getting a boot in the azz when a kid gets in trouble, most of today's parents look to blame somebody else for their child's behavior.  It's so true.

A lot of kids in my generation have been wired to act the way they do because that's the only thing they know; their parents treated them this way throughout their lives.  So, a lot of the blame lies on "Generation X" with some of these kids.

BS

[/QUOTE]

Insightful

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ATJ's

I, too, am having difficulty getting my head around how in the name of common sense could Hernandez have done such an astonishingly stupid, brutal and self-destructive act.  

"code of the streets" bulls*** these guys can't leave behind-they bring that punk/thug ethos with them out of the streets/ghetto and into a world where it doesn't fly and it comes with consequences but they still can't leave that mentality behind-they gotta be frontin' and if they hear ur "disrespecting" them they can't or won't or aren't civilized enough to just walk away or handle it without violence and machismo...they kill over nonsense and petty crap just so they won't be seen as "weak"

all this does is end you up in jail or the grave yet every generation falls into the same traps and refuses to learn...this guy has everything but throws it all away due to someone "insulting" him and "talking" about him...well aaron ur a bad mutha and u got respect so hope you enjoy the rewards

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

It's fascinating, isn't it?  At these Rookie Symposiums, just play the arraignment of Hernandez every year.  Arguably, the most structured organization in sports and for whatever reason, this kid goes off the rails.

Most 23 year olds are still a little immature or REALLY immature, especially in that Millennial Generation. I know for a fact what we see now at 22 and 23 (in general in 2013) was nowhere near what my generation was like a decade ago.  There seems to be this pervasive sense of entitlement in that generation and that appears to be another example of it.

Look at the rash of behaviors.  

Not disagreeing with you one bit on your take of my generation.  It's sick.  However, some blame lies in the upbringing by today's parents.  So many parents today coddle and worship their kids like they're the next coming of Jesus.  Every team gets trophies at tournaments just for "participation."  Every time a kid gets in trouble, the parents make sure their feelings aren't hurt and that they're okay.  Instead of getting a boot in the azz when a kid gets in trouble, most of today's parents look to blame somebody else for their child's behavior.  It's so true.

A lot of kids in my generation have been wired to act the way they do because that's the only thing they know; their parents treated them this way throughout their lives.  So, a lot of the blame lies on "Generation X" with some of these kids.

BS

Insightful

stereotypical rot, cliches, intelliegence insulting simplicity, weak psychology and more "i am getting old so it's time to turn into my parents and put down the next generation" crappollla from queenie

queenie, ur generation may have been the most useless this country has ever seen-oh and invented living home till you're 35

now go whine and create drama and put on some mopey  "oh woe is me I am a middle class white kid from the suburbs" grunge music with all your little ecstasy-popping slacker friends while u destroy some property as a political "statement"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130626/aaron-hernandez-murder-charge-legal-analysis/?sct=hp_t11_a7&eref=sihp

Living well is the best revenge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Today is shock day. Not many of us saw this coming. It will take a while to get over this, but the good news we will get over it and move on.  Just based on what little bit we know about how AH lived away from the field he certainly was edgy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-gun-glock-murder-photo/

This was a rather disturbing picture of a 19 years old Hernandez taken by himself with the cell phone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/aaron-hernandez-arraignment-charged-murder-19498550

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Being a good Dad/Parent is by far the toughest job I've ever taken on, period. The good part is that it's also the most rewarding. I wouldn't trade it for any amount of $$ in the world....

Being a Father is certainly the greatest gift in life, imo. I am truly thankful for being one to amazing children.

I feel bad for Hernandez for not understanding this and feel even worse for his young Daughter who has a Father that made this choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Watching Mike Golic describe the timeline the DA has on Hernandez. Amazing. This guy looks guilty as sin, dont think hes gonna get out of this one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Forensics probably at work now, and if the bullets from the July 2012 double murder match those recovered from Lloyd, Hernandez will be in deep deep shat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

The Three Stooges of Crime might as well have made a video of the whole thing and posted it on YouTube.   Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

To outdo Tim Tebow, Aaron Hernandez has started a new trend in America called "Murdering."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

Aaron Hernandez is being investigated for another murder. State Farm wants his endorsement for their new "Discount Double Murder" policy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-hernandez-odin-lloyd-murder-investigation-latest-developments-062913

• The Patriots have voided all of Hernandez's contract guarantees and the remainder of his signing bonus, according to NFL.com. Hernandez was due $2.5 million in guaranteed base salaries over the next two seasons. The Patriots say the league's Collective Bargaining Agreement validates their decision because Hernandez engaged in conduct unbecoming. The Pats would still carry cap figures of $2.55 million and $7.5 million in 2013 and 2014, respectively, according to the Boston Globe.

• The Patriots denied Friday that they had prior knowledge that Hernandez was going to be charged with murder before they cut him, according to the Boston Globe. The report said Patriots executives expected an obstruction of justice arrest, and were surprised that he was charged with murder.

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

Sections
Shortcuts