Hernandez arraigned on multiple charges including Murder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Hernandez arraigned on multiple charges including Murder

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Question:

Are the weapons found just illegally unregistered or is one of them the actual murder weapon?  I missed the part where they specified the degrees of each weapons charge.

Has it been mentioned why the police aren't pursuing the other two men with Hernandez or were those two men his cousins who came forward last Monday night and each confessed what they saw Hernandez do?

I find it odd they keep talking about HErnandez and 2 other men, but they haven't come out and said Hernandez acted alone.

I suppose we won't know more until the trial.  Any suggestion when they might be? The quicker they can void the deal after 2013, the better.

The murder weapon has not been found (yet).

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Makes you wish A hern was just a partier like gronk now doesnt it.

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is pure speculation on my part but it wouldn't surprise me if one of the two who were with AH when Lloyd was killed have cut a deal and turned.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I, too, am having difficulty getting my head around how in the name of common sense could Hernandez have done such an astonishingly stupid, brutal and self-destructive act.  

My thoughts in a nutshell.  I'm sick to my stomach.  On one hand, you have a young man who, by all indications of the arraignment, KNEW he was going to be murdered that night and ultimately was.  How scary is that?  He must have known how psycho Aaron was by the texts that he sent while in the car. This leaves a sister without a brother, a mother/father without a son.  A girlfriend without her boyfriend.  Just tragic.  

On the other hand, you have an 8 month old innocent, precious baby left without a father.  A finace left without her soon-to-be-husband.  

All for what?  You didn't like who your boy was talking to at the club due to some prior conflict?  What a total f'ing scu mbag.  I literally have no words to describe how I feel right now.

Did this incident at the club push Hernandez so far off the edge that he wanted to do the deed himself?  Did it make him so pyschotic that he didn't even worry about getting caught?  Did he really think he wasn't going to get caught?  Rental car, bullet fragments left in the car.  Illegally registered guns at his home.  Tire tracks left on a dirt road.  Dirt road and park where you leave the body is less than a mile from your house.  Come home with the murder weapon in your hand that is caught on YOUR OWN surveillance system.  Texts that insinuate something sinister was going to happen later that night.  

This might be one of the dumbest criminal acts I've ever heard of.  I am not kidding.  What a sick, demented, callous cold-blooded killer.  I hope the heavy hand of the law comes down on him like a sledgehammer.

Condolences to the Lloyd family and may Odin Lloyd Rest in Peace.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I, too, am having difficulty getting my head around how in the name of common sense could Hernandez have done such an astonishingly stupid, brutal and self-destructive act.  

It's fascinating, isn't it?  At these Rookie Symposiums, just play the arraignment of Hernandez every year.  Arguably, the most structured organization in sports and for whatever reason, this kid goes off the rails.

Most 23 year olds are still a little immature or REALLY immature, especially in that Millennial Generation. I know for a fact what we see now at 22 and 23 (in general in 2013) was nowhere near what my generation was like a decade ago.  There seems to be this pervasive sense of entitlement in that generation and that appears to be another example of it.

Look at the rash of behaviors.  

Not disagreeing with you one bit on your take of my generation.  It's sick.  However, some blame lies in the upbringing by today's parents.  So many parents today coddle and worship their kids like they're the next coming of Jesus.  Every team gets trophies at tournaments just for "participation."  Every time a kid gets in trouble, the parents make sure their feelings aren't hurt and that they're okay.  Instead of getting a boot in the azz when a kid gets in trouble, most of today's parents look to blame somebody else for their child's behavior.  It's so true.

A lot of kids in my generation have been wired to act the way they do because that's the only thing they know; their parents treated them this way throughout their lives.  So, a lot of the blame lies on "Generation X" with some of these kids.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

An arraignment is not a trial - you only get one side of the case.  This is ugly but there is no murder weapon, and no real motive.  Plus the fact that the prosecution appealed to the publc for more information, should tell us this is not an open and shut case.

The only truth we have is one young man is dead and several other lives have been dramatically altered. The entire thing is sad.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great point from CSNNE analyst: Will Hernandez and his fiancee get married quickly so that she can't be compelled to testify against him?

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

The two people with Hernandez and Lloyd that night must have turned state evidence.

Living well is the best revenge.

Got to be. The circumstantial evidence is just supporting material.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Narcissism.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

It's fascinating, isn't it?  At these Rookie Symposiums, just play the arraignment of Hernandez every year.  Arguably, the most structured organization in sports and for whatever reason, this kid goes off the rails.

Most 23 year olds are still a little immature or REALLY immature, especially in that Millennial Generation. I know for a fact what we see now at 22 and 23 (in general in 2013) was nowhere near what my generation was like a decade ago.  There seems to be this pervasive sense of entitlement in that generation and that appears to be another example of it.

Not disagreeing with you one bit on your take of my generation.  It's sick.  However, some blame lies in the upbringing by today's parents.  So many parents today coddle and worship their kids like they're the next coming of Jesus.  Every team gets trophies at tournaments just for "participation."  Every time a kid gets in trouble, the parents make sure their feelings aren't hurt and that they're okay.  Instead of getting a boot in the azz when a kid gets in trouble, most of today's parents look to blame somebody else for their child's behavior.  It's so true.

A lot of kids in my generation have been wired to act the way they do because that's the only thing they know; their parents treated them this way throughout their lives.  So, a lot of the blame lies on "Generation X" with some of these kids.

No disrespect to either of you but, in my judgment, what happened here has absolutely nothing to do with what generation Aaron Hernandez belongs to.  I'm a baby boomer (actually a leading edge boomer) and we had our share of punks when I was kid.  Three guys I know personally did hard time: two in Walpole (unrelated armed robbery convictions) and the third is doing life (unless he's been paroled) in a Canadian prison for murder.  A punk is a punk no matter when he was born and Aaron Hernandez is a punk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I'm amazed at the amount of detail provided so far from the DA on this.  They clearly didn't want AH getting bail.

I do have to wonder about who the other two were (or are)--if I heard the DA correctly at the arraignment, he said that after AH turned the rental car in and got a different car, he went back to his house, where the other two were seen getting into the car and they drove off.  There doesn't seem to have been a charge--at least not yet--for obstruction or for helping those two get away.  And during the conversation about a gag order, there was a mention of an affadvit that was filed in support of the charges and that it would be sealed.

Anyone know if such an affadvit is normal (as in, it's from the investigators or DA swearing to the facts presented), or could it have been a statement from someone fingering AH?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

One charge that was not brought: Obstruction.  I'm thinking the reports of the phone and security system being "destroyed" were false.  So many flat-out wrong reports for the past week, it's ridiculous.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

One charge that was not brought: Obstruction.  I'm thinking the reports of the phone and security system being "destroyed" were false.  So many flat-out wrong reports for the past week, it's ridiculous.

From what I gathered watching the arraignment, the surveillance system wasn't destroyed, it was shut off.  Not certain, but I think the only thing that destroying a phone might do is destroy any photos on the phone.  I think any voice mail and text messages are all stored centrally and can be obtained from the service provider (and I could be wrong about that).

They clearly tracked his movements on some cell towers, and they had some text messages he sent as well, although I didn't catch where they got his text messages from (the ones telling his buddies to hurry up and get up here).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

No disrespect to either of you but, in my judgment, what happened here has absolutely nothing to do with what generation Aaron Hernandez belongs to.  I'm a baby boomer (actually a leading edge boomer) and we had our share of punks when I was kid.  Three guys I know personally did hard time: two in Walpole (unrelated armed robbery convictions) and the third is doing life (unless he's been paroled) in a Canadian prison for murder.  A punk is a punk no matter when he was born and Aaron Hernandez is a punk.

I agree with you, ATJ.  It's just that Rusty constantly points to "Millenials" as this and that so I decided to make a point.  

There have been punks in every past generation, and there will continue to be punks in every generation in the future.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Hernandez was charged with Murder One: premeditated murder. That had to be worst planned and carried out murder ever. Can anyone be that dumb?

Maybe the defense will be head injury suffered while playing football. Maybe Hernandez will sue the NFL and the Patriots.

Living well is the best revenge.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

In response to MattC05's comment:

From what I gathered watching the arraignment, the surveillance system wasn't destroyed, it was shut off.  Not certain, but I think the only thing that destroying a phone might do is destroy any photos on the phone.  I think any voice mail and text messages are all stored centrally and can be obtained from the service provider (and I could be wrong about that).

They clearly tracked his movements on some cell towers, and they had some text messages he sent as well, although I didn't catch where they got his text messages from (the ones telling his buddies to hurry up and get up here).

You are 100% correct, Tinman.  I enjoy reading your posts when you do make them.  You should post more often.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I agree with a lot of this. I see a ton of parents that simply aren't involved (enough) with their kids upbringing. Most of us who have kids, don't have the luxury that our parents did when we were growing up of leaving 1 parent home to take care of the kids, while the other earned a living. Today economy has both parents working to survive, leaving our kids in the hands of daycare. I do it myself, as I don't have a choice.

I do however try and spend a lot of time trying to teach core values to my boys (9 & 10). I hate punks with the "entitled" attitude...I see it every day. I'm tough with my boys, and have zero tolerance for any type of rudeness, back talk, etc. I teach them to respect others, and I teach them proper manners. I'm sure they will make some mistakes in life, but I'm confident that the core values I teach them today will help them through the bad decisions they might make in the future.

We have too many "kids raising kids" and the values aren't there anymore. That, IMO, is the real problem.

Sections
Shortcuts