Hernandez = Dustin Keller with open field moves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Hernandez = Dustin Keller with open field moves

The guy can catch and make plays after the catch.  Let's see how his blocking goes over the corse of the season, and we got a steal from the fourth round.

Not to mention Gronk!  We are set at TE for the next few years for sure. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Hernandez = Dustin Keller with open field moves

Hernandez is Wes Welker with muscle mass. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Hernandez is an oversized WR and an undersized TE, he is a hybrid, and yes i was impressed with him tonight, i hope he learns how to block, Gronk though, i really like, height and size with hands. It appears as though our offense is much improved. I knew TE would be the biggest upgrade, how could it not be, anyone is better than fumblerooski butterfingers Watson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In Response to Re: Hernandez = Dustin Keller with open field moves:
    [QUOTE]Hernandez is Wes Welker with muscle mass. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Perfect description, 49. I know its only preseason, but this guy has sticky hands.

Hernandez is a much better athlete than Keller. Keller is faster, that's about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

[QUOTE]Hernandez is an oversized WR and an undersized TE, he is a hybrid, and yes i was impressed with him tonight, i hope he learns how to block, Gronk though, i really like, height and size with hands. It appears as though our offense is much improved. I knew TE would be the biggest upgrade, how could it not be, anyone is better than fumblerooski butterfingers Watson.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]
    I agree he is definately undersized as a TE but this kid might start making other teams throw fits as a WR, in fact with this offense and all the weapons Brady seems to have now, the Patriots this year if they can stay healthy could light that score board up like a christmas tree!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He is comparable to Keller in size only. I think he has better hands, quickness, and run after catch potential. It will be interesting to see how much he is used in this offense. But like Russ said, when we put Moss, Welker, Edelman and Hernandez on the field together, it will be very hard for defenses to cover. If you played Hernandez in the backfield and added Gronk or Crump to this lineup, things only get more interesting. 

What i like more about Hernandez than Keller is our ability to play him coming out of the backfield, in the slot, out wide or on the line. He is a threat from all 4 positions. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Keller will live in infamy as the man who robbed Cassell of that heroic comeback with his ridiculous 3rd and a million conversion against Whiffiweather.

Ol whiffy impressed last night though Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Hernandez's skill set and talent blows Keller's away. This is after one good preseason game from Hernandez. The Jets traded UP for Keller. lol NE took Hernandez in the 4th round. I'll repeat: This is the difference between an organization like the Jets and what we have here in NE.  NY trades up for a solid talent at TE, NE scores two TEs in a draft with two totally different skill sets AND signs a very cheap, quality veteran TE. It's just no comparison in the philosophy.  But as for as Hernandez and what it means for defenses, he creates far more of a problem for defenses. You can put a LB on Keller and be ok, you cannot do that with Hernandez.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Our philosophy just doesn't sell newspapers, that's all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Hernandez's skill set and talent blows Keller's away. This is after one good preseason game from Hernandez. The Jets traded UP for Keller. lol NE took Hernandez in the 4th round. I'll repeat: This is the difference between an organization like the Jets and what we have here in NE.  NY trades up for a solid talent at TE, NE scores two TEs in a draft with two totally different skill sets AND signs a very cheap, quality veteran TE. It's just no comparison in the philosophy.  But as for as Hernandez and what it means for defenses, he creates far more of a problem for defenses. You can put a LB on Keller and be ok, you cannot do that with Hernandez.

Hernandez dropped like a rock in the draft because he smoked a little weed and flunked a drug test. BB is smart and we got a real steal on this kid.
    It's amazing that the same people in the media that kick a guy to the curb for smoking a little weed will turn 180 degrees when he is successful and say, "He was a kid and he smoked a little dope, who doesn't". We won with this kid as long as he doesn't flunk another drug test.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Keller total total contract value = $8.5M ($6M guaranteed)

Gronk + Hernandez total contract value = $7.94M ($2.8 guaranteed paid as signing bonuses/min playing time bonus combined for both)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Keller total total contract value = $8.5M ($6M guaranteed) Gronk + Hernandez total contract value = $7.94M ($2.8 guaranteed paid as signing bonuses/min playing time bonus combined for both)
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Chaulk another one up for BB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Dustin Keller?  Hernandez blows Keller out of the water.  I have never seen keller juke a DB like Hernandez did last night and Hernandez is far more fluid in breaking out his routes.  Not close. I am not sure who he reminds me of to be honest. Maybe a smoother version of Kellen Winslow Jr?  I am not even sure that is fair because Hernandez is better than he is/was. Brady has to go love this because LBs cannot cover Hernandez.   When Moss, Welker, Edelman and Hernandez are ther personnel, expect major issues for defenses. Major.  They can't cover that. I agree with 49 Patriots' description.  Hernandez runs out of his breaks so well, he's more like a WR. It's rare to see a large receiver at 245 lbs have that kind of fluid, natural motion on a route. 

Easy Rusty. This guy hasn't even got in a game yet and he's already better then Dustin Keller and he is smoother then perennial 80 catch Kellen Winslow?
    I think he looks good and is a mismatch for the defense. I think Gronk is a better prototypical Tight End right now then Hernandez but with some years to learn I think they both have potential to be great but realistically we have too many weapons on offense for these 2 guys to ever fall into the category of Winslow/Keller/Gates etc etc. At least not in the eyes of media andd the casual fan. As Pats fans we might understand and appreciate just how valuable these guys will be to our over all offense but they won't be valuable in the 70 plus catch category like Keller is to the Jets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I like him, he has so far looked pretty good.  We will see.  Maybe we should just move him out to receiver.   My concern now is receiver opposite moss.  saw some good things last night, we need a consistent guy who defenses respect.  I don't think Randy plays for us after this year, so we need to develop a number one type guy to move forward with.  I like a big receiver, and he would fit the bill.  Go ahead and flame me now.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]I never said he went to a pro bowl.  If you actually knew how to comprehend things, maybe someone could talk with you....but whenever someone makes a point, you come back with a totally off base question.   You said Keller could be easily covered by linebackers, so I reminded that he beat a pretty good one in Mayo for an important 1st down that cost us the playoffs, and he lit us up the whole game...I dont care if he made the pro bowl, Once again, I call it like I see it...you call me a troll cuz this happens to help the argument of another troll, but I could care less about him...I just call it like I see it, and you are quick to call out somone for not using facts, Yet you can make asinine comments, Like Hernandez is better than Winslow is/was???   Really??....Go have another can of kool-aid lil buddy....Daddy Bill still loves ya!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE

Yeah, bill really deserves your dislike, what with the 3 superbowl trophies he brought us.  Yep, I sure miss the days when the Sullivans kept the team useless and clueless, and that FINE stadium.  Hate the way things are now, and I sure do question everything the guy does, after all, hey, we won so many in the 40 years BEFORE he got here.  Yep.  daddy bill sure is a jerk!  You are one of those guys who seems to revel in the bad old days, almost seems you are jealous of the success.  If you are really a pats fan, i don't get how you can hate on the team so much.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Dustin Keller didn't even outperform Ben Watson here.  FACT Winslow is more of a feature in a weaker offense, so Watson's 4 or 5 TDs per year are not worse than Winslow's normal scoring numbers. There are a handful of dominant TEs in this league and Winslow Jr and Keller aren't on that list. Why do people think Keller is good?  Kellen Winslow Jr. is that is good? Really?  Was this when he was let go by Cleveland or when he ran his motorcycle off the road? Winslow Jr. and Keller and nowhere near the skill level of Hernandez. Nowhere near it. Did either win a Mackey Award? Hmm.  Are either that good of a route runner? The better comparison would be Gronkowski to Keller or Winslow Jr. Hernandez is clearly more athletic and shifty when comparing him to the average Keller or Winslow Jr. If a rookie TE is making it look this easy 2 games into his career lining up in different spots, then expect an asenscion from him this year. Dustin Keller has done very, very little so far in his career as a 1st rd pick 3 seasons in to his. Keller and Winslow Jr were 1st rd picks who have underperformed compared to Witten, Gates, Clark, etc. Jermichael Finley is better than Winslow and Keller. So is Owen Daniels. So is Vernon Davis. Yes way, Hernandez is more talented than Keller and Winslow Jr. Let me know when either one is more effective than Ben Watson.

Nobody is saying Keller is better then any of those guys(accept I would take him over Watson in a heartbeat) but to say Aaron is better then him now when he has not in fact played a real game yet is a stretch. To say he is better then Winslow is just plain laughable. Put Winslow with Brady for his career and he ups his 80 catch average and td rate. He has played for terrible QBs and been double teamed most of his career and still produces Very high reception totals. I don't like Winslow that "Soldier" but until Hernandez consistently produces on the field he is not better then any of those guys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Hernandez wasn't drafted to block.  He will be our most dynamic weapon this year.  He is a 4 tooled player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

hernandez=hernandez

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Dustin Keller is a good receiver but I don't think he has the same level of raw talent of Hernandez. This is not a knock on Keller. He IS good. But Hernandez has a higher upside (IF HE REACHES HIS POTENTIAL). He is more of the Clooney and Dallas Clark mold - more than a good receiver, a good AND an especially dangerous receiver. If Hernandez does live up to his talents he will be at another level.

Gronk is more the prototype TE with great potential in both the receiving and blocking aspects of his game.

Both have POTENTIAL. What is especially exciting is that so far they are both displaying that potential on the field. And while they are learning and surprising Crumpler is playing like the monster he still can be.

So - I don't think anyone is going to be comparing AH to Keller except sports writers during the weeks the Patriots and Jets play each other. Otherwise the comparisons will likely be with Cooley and Clark.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesrtough. Show timesrtough's posts

Smoke whatever weed you need. It is a far cry from some injections Clemens lived off. A top steal in the draft and unless some major injury happens every team in the NFL will boost his salary to top numbers for a TE. If we can simply find a way not to be cheap in a prime time with him he shall be a well known name for any pats fans. Look forward for his three touchdowns against the dumbazz jets in the first game. Don't believe me? Copy and paste this and a few short weeks away you will see the media morons forget his pot smoking and talk about how he scored three tds against the team that traded up for a loser.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'm impressed so far with Hernandez and Gronk

25. This post has been removed.