Hernandez is focused.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Hernandez is focused.

Aaron Hernandez said he's focusing his offseason workouts on helping him stay healthy for a full season.

Hernandez has missed 10 games through his three NFL seasons. This offseason, he's living in Los Angeles to get away from distractions and has altered his workout regiment. "I'd say more attention to specific muscles instead of just doing the basic bench, squat and all that other stuff," he said. "I'd say I started a little earlier this year to maybe try to get through 16 games this season." Over the last two years (24 games played), Hernandez has averaged 5.4 catches for 58.0 yards and scored 12 touchdowns. He's going to have a monster year if he stays healthy.

Seems every year he is more determined. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Hernandez is focused.

I hate statements like this. Does that mean he wasn't focused before? I always see these statements as PR type of statements as I think most are determined and focused every year they just might mature a little more and realize they have to do more then previous years

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Aaron Hernandez said he's focusing his offseason workouts on helping him stay healthy for a full season.

Hernandez has missed 10 games through his three NFL seasons. This offseason, he's living in Los Angeles to get away from distractions and has altered his workout regiment. "I'd say more attention to specific muscles instead of just doing the basic bench, squat and all that other stuff," he said. "I'd say I started a little earlier this year to maybe try to get through 16 games this season." Over the last two years (24 games played), Hernandez has averaged 5.4 catches for 58.0 yards and scored 12 touchdowns. He's going to have a monster year if he stays healthy.   Seems every year he is more determined. 

I would agree , but he was poised to have a break out year in 12' before his injury. I like that he is focused and the fact he has a family will keep him out of trouble, but I guess I just wonder how much you can train not to be injured. He can go out there in a bubble suit if he wants but injuries are gonna happen. What he should also be doing is realizing all his injuries have come pretty much the same way and the only way to avoid them is change his style of play. I dont wanna seem like a know it all, but I noticed this his rookie year. I had no idea what he could do coming out of Florida so his first few touches were surprsing to me to see how much agility and shiftiness he had for a TE but he also was spinning and juking too much for me and my friend and I both agreed he is gonna get alot of knee injuries. Mainly because he puts himself in bad positions when he spins and puts his back to defenders he is risking a hard hit to his backside, his jukes on top of jukes leave him vulnerable to high ankle sprains,etc. So I like his attitude but he has to decide to NOT try to fake out 8 defenders on every touch and just get what he can for the sake of lasting a whole season. Gronk could tone it down a bit too. I like that he is a beast  but its not smart to try and drag 3 defenders, just go down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I hate statements like this. Does that mean he wasn't focused before? I always see these statements as PR type of statements as I think most are determined and focused every year they just might mature a little more and realize they have to do more then previous years

Dude, You just answered your own question.  Players could always do more.

He pretty much was taking it for granted before he signed a big contract and the birth of his daughter.  He realized how blessed he was and thought he needed to be more prepared if you will.  I remember reading an article about this.  And let me say this.

Kobe Bryant (even though I don't like him) started practicing at 3:30am is the morning for the olympics, when the rest of the team showed up at 10am.  He wanted to make 800 shots before he called it a day. 

Every single football player and coach could always do more, right?  You can probably do more at work for your job as well.. that's the point I thin I was trying to make. 

He's taking it to a level he has not before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He pretty much was taking it for granted before he signed a big contract and the birth of his daughter.  He realized how blessed he was and thought he needed to be more prepared if you will.  I remember reading an article about this.  And let me say this.

Kobe Bryant (even though I don't like him) started practicing at 3:30am is the morning for the olympics, when the rest of the team showed up at 10am.  He wanted to make 800 shots before he called it a day. 

Every single football player and coach could always do more, right?  You can probably do more at work for your job as well.. that's the point I thin I was trying to make. 

They can always do more but that doesn't mean they weren't focused before. As you get older you learn new stuff, it doesn't mean you were any less focused before just means you have a different way to go about it now, big difference imo. But, I was commenting towards the general statement as just in general I hate when players say they are more focused this year because it makes it sound like they didn't care as much in previous years which should make fans angry not make them happy that he's focused more. Esp, when you lose the SB by a couple of plays. Would the more focus back then create a different result? Again I believe he was as focused back then as he is now but the experience and shifted that focus from general workouts to pin point muscle groups to work

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

They can always do more but that doesn't mean they weren't focused before. As you get older you learn new stuff, it doesn't mean you were any less focused before just means you have a different way to go about it now, big difference imo. But, I was commenting towards the general statement as just in general I hate when players say they are more focused this year because it makes it sound like they didn't care as much in previous years which should make fans angry not make them happy that he's focused more. Esp, when you lose the SB by a couple of plays. Would the more focus back then create a different result? Again I believe he was as focused back then as he is now but the experience and shifted that focus from general workouts to pin point muscle groups to work

OK, for sure.  At the end of the day he's trying new things to get better.  I'm sure we both agree it's great to hear. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

OK, for sure.  At the end of the day he's trying new things to get better.  I'm sure we both agree it's great to hear. 

Oh very, I'm glad he's evolving his workout to make himself better. That's great news and what I want to hear from my athletes. I understand athletes aren't always the brightest but if they said "I've gained some new knowledge and experience to help me train better and improve my game" I think that goes a longer way then "this year I'm focused on improving". Just a personal pet peeve of mine but it's very good news

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YAC Man

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Read the whole sentence sometime big guy. He said he was focusing his workouts towards avoiding injuries. He didn't say he was more focused than any other year. That's like if Brady said he was focusing more on his long throws instead of his ball carrying skills.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

Here's the thing!!!   There is only one guy that these players need to talk to about condition training and thats JERRY RICE!....   By far the best prepared football athlete, and what ever his training routine is and was, it should be turned into a book for these guys to follow!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

Sections
Shortcuts