Hernandez on thurs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Hernandez on thurs?

I wouldn't mind if the Pats decided not to rush Hernandez back for the Thursday night game. I still think the Pats are better than the Jets without Gronk and Hernandez.

If you can avoid rushing Hernandez on Thurs, you give him an extra 10 days until Mia. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Hernandez on thurs?

wouldnt be surprised if deion is back this week.....and i think hern should play, he has had plenty of time for that injury to heal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I assume Hernandez could have gone today, but with a game thursday I feel they'd rather him take a few more days off.  I don't think they'd have played him thursday if he had played today.  Not enough rest after a first game back.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they played it out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I don't think Gronk going down will mean anything in regards to Branch. Branch was more or less resigned because of Hernandez going down.

I think Salas stays on the team and Fells is active in place of Gronk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I assume Hernandez could have gone today, but with a game thursday I feel they'd rather him take a few more days off.  I don't think they'd have played him thursday if he had played today.  Not enough rest after a first game back.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they played it out. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, it was announced when? Friday that he would not be playing in the game? The fact that they announced it so early worries me a bit about his status. If they were to play Hernandez in one game, I would imagine they would have played him against the Colts as opposed to the Jets

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind if the Pats decided not to rush Hernandez back for the Thursday night game. I still think the Pats are better than the Jets without Gronk and Hernandez.

If you can avoid rushing Hernandez on Thurs, you give him an extra 10 days until Mia. 

[/QUOTE]

i would concur

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wouldnt be surprised if deion is back this week.....and i think hern should play, he has had plenty of time for that injury to heal

[/QUOTE]

they reported hamstring injury for brach. no way hes back in a week

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think Gronk going down will mean anything in regards to Branch. Branch was more or less resigned because of Hernandez going down.

I think Salas stays on the team and Fells is active in place of Gronk.

[/QUOTE]

you would think

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

brady spent most of the game yelling at shiancoe from what i could tell.  doubt hes around much longer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I wonder how the Jets prepare for the offense. If Hernandez is back, you have at least Welker, Hernandez and Ridley/any rb

Do you go with Shanko/Edelman, Shanko/Lloyd, Lloyd/Edelman? Or does Fells go in?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, it was announced when? Friday that he would not be playing in the game? The fact that they announced it so early worries me a bit about his status. If they were to play Hernandez in one game, I would imagine they would have played him against the Colts as opposed to the Jets

[/QUOTE]

According to the Boston Globe, Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is expected to return on Thanksgiving night against the Jets.

Per reliable beat reporter Greg Bedard, the Patriots held Hernandez out of Sunday's win over the Colts only because the recovery time (soreness, swelling) likely would have been too short with a Thursday night game next on the slate. Hernandez has practiced in "limited" fashion the past two weeks, so he's appeared close to playing. On Thanksgiving, the Pats could use Michael Hoomanawanui or Daniel Fells at Rob Gronkowski's (broken forearm) "Y" tight end position. Visanthe Shiancoe is Hernandez's backup at the "F" tight end spot.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If Hernandez has a high ankle sprain then he's gonna be dealing with the pain for the rest of the season.  Fortunately they have Shiancoe, Hooman and Fells to at least give them a presence at TE.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I wonder how the Jets prepare for the offense. If Hernandez is back, you have at least Welker, Hernandez and Ridley/any rb

Do you go with Shanko/Edelman, Shanko/Lloyd, Lloyd/Edelman? Or does Fells go in?

[/QUOTE]

I would use Fells as the base blocker now. Hamu is the back up in that spot. I think Bolden can come back after Thursday's game. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe Bolden got suspended during the bye week. Buffalo, Indy, NYJ and Mia. He still misses one more game after Thanksgiving.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Keep Hernandez off the field until he is really ready. We need him more in the playoffs.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

while no team can afford to lose someone of gronk's ability and talent - and this particular team counts of him to come up with big plays and even stretch the field (gieven the dearth of a true speed guy) - the pats do have a lot of weapons, particularly if hernandez is, as reported, back on the field. welker, lloyd, woodhead, ridley, hernandez, and edelman are all capable of making big plays. edelman has been underutilized on offense for the past two years, owing mostly to his skill set mirroring welker's some (and like his team-mate he also has some problems dropping easy balls). if they can get this offense healthy and working on all cyclinders in the playoffs, wow. trouble is, can the pats stop quality offenses? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i sit him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hernandez will play Thursday if he is cleared medically and BB sees that as the best option for the team.  Based on what we're hearing/reading, he'll play but probably on a limited basis.  We'll see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hernandez will play Thursday if he is cleared medically and BB sees that as the best option for the team.  Based on what we're hearing/reading, he'll play but probably on a limited basis.  We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

This. People can say whatever they want, but in the end, if BB thinks he is ready and will help the team win, he will play him. If not, he will sit him.

It's that simple.