Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL

Aaron adds all kinds of dimensions to our offense, but I think we'll be ok for a couple weeks without him.  Ocho will get to step up, might see more of the other Gronk.  We'll be ok. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

I knew we should have drafted a TE this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Bill usually does every year.  I dont think Dan Gronk is that good, and looks too slim to be a great blocker.....maybe we change philosophy some, but Pats like their 2 TE sets to keep the defense in base.

Is Alge healthy yet? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL:
    [QUOTE]Honestly Bill must be slipping. This may well be the first time we have a timely status on a player. We know what the injury is and how long the guy might be out. Usually their taking the body out the back as BB tell's us the "player" is day to day.
    Posted by headhuntersixsix[/QUOTE]

Haha Bravo man, this is hilariously true!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

As could be expected, the estimated 1-2 weeks has now been stretched to 6 weeks.  I assume that the MRI results were in and gave a  more accurate assessment than the clinical exam.  I heard this at Sports Net Central this evening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Yea it was nice to see that ^^^ cause I mean they knew the TE's were in the plan and they just couldnt stop them.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Our tighends are ok and so is our QB...San Diego is alot like the Patriots...Both have a terrible pass defenses...What was it they gave up? a combined total of 800 passing yards...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

we better hope thats accurate because Comcast is reporting 4-6 weeks.........either way he is gone for awhile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

We have Dan Gronk.  No problem.  Work him into the rotation.  He'll be a beast like his bro.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To replace his production, I'd think they'd try to run it more. See what Ridley can do. Activate Vareen, and let him catch some passes out of the backfield...he's got very good hands and speed. Ocho should be out there more; and you'd love to see Price get a chance now. I could see Edelman catching some easy passes, but will that take Welker out of the equation? Plus you know he'll look good for a half and then get injured.

The problem is that the offense is built around these two guys (Gronk and Hernandez) and it's obviously been working. Can they switch it up with some really good players that haven't got out there yet and not miss a beat? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Agreed the the other Gronkowski earn his coin and lets run it. Solder was a formidable TE in the Chargers game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

ok 6 weeks ????    or 1-2 ???  

i guess is day to day right ???

This will give 85 lots of time... and when Hernandez comes back... 85 will be ready !

go pats !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Just read on Rotoworld.com that he will be out 4 - 6 weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Price is right.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Give him as long as it takes to heal. The Bruiser Gronkowski Brothers will step up...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]This s ucks...I kind of figured that, and 2 weeks is not that bad, but I hope he takes his time.  Mayo came back 2 years ago a little early from his MCL sprain and didnt look the same all season. He needs to get it healed totally, which is more like 3 to 4 weeks usually, but def. a sigh of relief. Now whats up w/Ras I?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

jay you are totally right and ive posted same elsewhere. if youve strained knee ligaments you know. there is also degrees in severity which will determine everything. id err very conservative and make sure hes fully healed so we dont lose him for the season, esp with guys aiming at the knee when he comes back.

by the way, tonight ive seen several pats news sites now say 4-6 weeks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]They will just switch up the game plan a bit, Im sure it will be fine. But it is a blow and its also a bad sign, this is becoming a trend for Herandez, I mean if he ever going to stay healthy for 16 games with the way he plays? You know taking big shots and what not cause he is a big player. I know its still too early in his career to complain im just saying I hope he gets a strength and conditioning routine down and gets this injury bug out of his system.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

mvp, this is typing so i'm gonna try to give you context ahead of time. this is not an attack, but a question. did you play ball? i dont think this is an "injury bug". someone jumps on your knee sideways youre gonna have a ligament strain. football is a brutal sport. sure there are wear down injuries and conditioning injuries (hamstring being my pet peeve-there should not be a hamstring strain in a conditioned athlete), but other injuries are just due to physical damage done and unpredictable.

he'll be fine if they leave him out long enough to heal.
    fresher for the long season and playoffs

Sections
Shortcuts