Hernandez ramifications on Talib contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Hernandez ramifications on Talib contract?

Interested to see how this plays out.

Talib is a very good player...but with some off field issues. As far as I know, there have been no issues since he's arrived...but I also thought the same about Hernandez.

Not saying talib is going to start murdering people...but it'll be interesting to see how risk averse the Pats are now.

On one hand, Hernandez screwed the Pats after they gave him a huge contract.

On another,

They have a little bit more money now that Hern is gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Hernandez ramifications on Talib contract?

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Interested to see how this plays out.

Talib is a very good player...but with some off field issues. As far as I know, there have been no issues since he's arrived...but I also thought the same about Hernandez.

Not saying talib is going to start murdering people...but it'll be interesting to see how risk averse the Pats are now.

Really good point, hadn't thought about that in the last 30 mins.... i hope it doesn't affect what they do. and i hope Talib stays straight and not screw us like AH

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Don't believe this is true - I believe the Pats take one more hit next year and have to carry his cap and it's LARGER than this years--suks but that's the risk in signing guys early

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Don't believe this is true - I believe the Pats take one more hit next year and have to carry his cap and it's LARGER than this years--suks but that's the risk in signing guys early

Don't believe what is true?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Talib extension contract will likely have personal conduct language that would allow the team the ability to not pay.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The League will need to step up and give CAP relief to teams that need to release a guy like AH and when it's in the best interest of the League to do so.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nice thread, it brings up a good point and I do think Hernandez will affect negotiations with not only Talib, but Spikes. Personally I think both will be gone, unless they franchise Talib. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Don't believe what is true?

did you even read my post?  Hernandez cap hit still on the books for next year--hello?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hernandez was cut after June 1, which I believe means the cap hit for his bonus money impacts next year (2014) rather than this year.  Players cut before June 2 are generally accounted for in the current season (i.e., the one that's about to start), while players cut after June 1 are accounted for in the next season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Hernandez was cut after June 1, which I believe means the cap hit for his bonus money impacts next year (2014) rather than this year.  Players cut before June 2 are generally accounted for in the current season (i.e., the one that's about to start), while players cut after June 1 are accounted for in the next season.

I don't know as much as you about this cap stuff but I'm sure I read that the Pats Take a cap hit for AH next year also--maybe someone that knows the cap system better than me can help out--Muzz or Rkarp maybe?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

7.5 mill hit.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

7.5 mill hit.....

next year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

7.5 mill hit.....

next year?

yep, next year because he was cut after June 1.  Here's the language from the CBA:

2) For any player removed from the Team's roster or whose Contract is

assigned via waivers or trade after June 1, except in the Final League Year, any unamor­ tized signing bonus amounts for future years will be included fully in Team Salary at the start o f the next League Year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

The League will need to step up and give CAP relief to teams that need to release a guy like AH and when it's in the best interest of the League to do so.

Good point. You may write Roger Goodell at 345 Park Avenue, NY, NY  and advise him. 

Sections
Shortcuts