2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Herny released.

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Fortunately, only a small amount (7.5 mil) of that huge contract BB gave to Herny will go against this years cap. As Queenie has stated in the past, BB plans on 20 mil of dead money on the cap each year, so it won't be a problem... I guess that's why he's "the best GM in the cap era"

Not if the contract is voided if he is guilty.  Here's a fact which should make you absolutely mortified, even though it won't.

In 3 seasons with the Pats, Hernandez, a 4th rd pick has had a much better career than 1st rd pick Dusty Keller, in 5 seasons.

bwhahah

Oh, the hilarity of knowing whatever a Jets troll says, it can easily be exposed. 

"

Hernandez is still owed $10 million of his $12.5 million signing bonus, but he would not receive any bonuses or salary if he is suspended by the NFL due to a clause in the CBA, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe:

Per Article 4, Section 9 of the CBA, "any player who ... is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration ... may be required to forfeit signing bonus, roster bonus, option bonus and/or reporting bonus, and no other salary, for each league year in which a forfeitable breach occurs."

That is assuming Hernandez would be suspended following the investigation. If he's proven to be innocent and doesn't face any charges or a suspension from the NFL, the Patriots would be forced to take a significant salary cap hit if they released him.

Either way, the Patriots are likely to let the entire situation play out before taking any action. The only benefit they would gain by releasing Hernandez now is to distance themselves from him, but they've already done that to a certain extent by reportedly telling him to stay away from the team's facility. "

Learn the rules, Queenie.  He was cut prior to charges being brought.  He is not available becasue the team chose to cut him.   Moron.

That's correct. All we would be able recoup is his signing bonus money to help against his 8 million dollar cap hit for next season (I believe it would only be the pro rated portion spread out over his deal). The Patriots cut this scum without any care for salary cap implications...why? Because the NFL salary cap is the most fluid thing in sports.

Umm, he was cut AFTER charges were brought and he was cuffed out of his house.  Learn the rules?

lol!

They cut him after he was charged and cuffed.  You'd be correct if they released him in the previous 7 or 8 days.

But he hasn't been charged or gone to trial yet - he is not missing any games/practice time because of this. That's what you said, right? They can recoup the money if it interferes with his ability tp perform as a Patriot? I can see if they cut him during the season as he stands trial for murder, but in June ten minutes after he was arrested? I applaud the move...I do, but chances are there is going to be a 7-8 million cap hit next season because of this unless there is some very protective writting in his contract.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

See ya!

Hows that "BB Absolutely Nailed this offseason" working for ya Rusty?  In hindsight, dropping wes for under a million in negotiations and then dropping LLoyd , a 70 catch guy slated to make what? 3 million. The guy cant get a 2nd year but Ocho was given a chance after catching NINE passes being paid almost 5 millon?!??!   Yea, he nailed it alright. Looks like he has egg on his face. This doesnt mean Im a troll. It means Im upset about the prospects of yet another failed season due to bad planning. Now you can start your book and spin it any way you like. Brady restructed his contract to be able to throw to the Great Edleman and Slater Combo and has newbies Dobson and Boyce waiting in the wings. Way to treat your Hall of Fame QB and reward him for being unselfish huh?   Wow

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

So during a time when the team and fans should pull together, rally, and move forward, we get adversarial posts like this.

Grow up, put your childish grudges aside, and look forward. I have a special feeling about the team this year.

A group of misfits, no-names, and rookies on offense, a revived, young and improving defense. They will be flying under the radar all year; they will be counted out early and disregarded. That's when our Pats excel.  

Its football. When the bullets start flying(no pun intended) I'll be in front of the TV, watching the sport I love, rooting for the team I support. Doing so for many years has awarded me the right to talk about the team, negative or positive and vent my frustrations. I had that special feeling too,....every year and I will have hope for this team too, but it doenst mean I have to wear blinders and act like I enjoy the current state of affairs. There is NO unity on this board if you havent notices. Only choices I have is to NOT visit the board, or Spar with Rusty. You tell me what thread is not being derailed and trolled about??  Im just sharing my thoughts as anyone esle is. Why single me out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Let’s hope that the Kool Aid drinkers will now cease and desist. It’s truly a tragedy for all involved and as I have said before someone’s Son is gone.

The Patriots had to act quickly. It may still not prevent a lawsuit though. In today’s age folks sue over everything. In this case you have an employee of a company, with a questionable background, involved in a murder.

Just a real terrible situation. It’s gonna take a bit for this to heal. The murder victim’s family will never heal.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think the Pats knew AH had been hanging with some thugs through his life when they drafted him. I think they talked about that and believed he sincerely wanted to change his world when they drafted him. He showed something on the field and looked like a guy who was making the best of the chance that was given him. It's not easy to walk away from the people he was trying to walk away from.

I'm not blaming BB or Kraft for taking a chance on him. It was a reasonably good if risky draft pick in hindsight. Not so sure I would give them an atta boy on the big contract though.

There are a plethora of other picks by BB that were much poorer than that one was.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Let’s hope that the Kool Aid drinkers will now cease and desist. It’s truly a tragedy for all involved and as I have said before someone’s Son is gone.

The Patriots had to act quickly. It may still not prevent a lawsuit though. In today’s age folks sue over everything. In this case you have an employee of a company, with a questionable background, involved in a murder.

Just a real terrible situation. It’s gonna take a bit for this to heal. The murder victim’s family will never heal.

When this is all said and done, I highly doubt Hernandez will have a case or have any money to do that.

The victim's family will never heal and nor will Hernandez's wife and newborn baby.  Tragedy across th board. I am just really interested to learn of the motive. What on earth could be worth all of this?

I believe it's the victims family that will sue the Patriots. Hope not but today folks sue for everything and Lawyers chase deep pockets.

I'll wager the reason will end up being some real stupid reason, not that there is any good reason for murder, but it will end up being a brainless bunch of stupidity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think the Pats knew AH had been hanging with some thugs through his life when they drafted him. I think they talked about that and believed he sincerely wanted to change his world when they drafted him. He showed something on the field and looked like a guy who was making the best of the chance that was given him. It's not easy to walk away from the people he was trying to walk away from.

I'm not blaming BB or Kraft for taking a chance on him. It was a reasonably good if risky draft pick in hindsight. Not so sure I would give them an atta boy on the big contract though.

There are a plethora of other picks by BB that were much poorer than that one was.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

I will wait and see what the Patriots knew about Hernandez before they drafted him. Many things the fans did not know. Did the Patriots know about the 6 (at least) positive drug tests? Were there more, was Hernandez the Honey Badger before the Honey Badger was?

Did the Patriots know about the gang ties?

Did the Patriots know about the club shooting while he was at Florida?

We'll hear about it now.

But, at the end of the day, how would you ever believe he would have involved himself in all this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Supposedly, the Pats has waived the right to recoup the signing bonus to Hernandez by releasing him. So he will have money for his legal defense, but a lot of those left over money may be lost in future civil lawsuit by the Lloyd family.

Living well is the best revenge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

When this is all said and done, I highly doubt Hernandez will have a case or have any money to do that.

The victim's family will never heal and nor will Hernandez's wife and newborn baby.  Tragedy across th board. I am just really interested to learn of the motive. What on earth could be worth all of this?

I believe it's the victims family that will sue the Patriots. Hope not but today folks sue for everything and Lawyers chase deep pockets.

I'll wager the reason will end up being some real stupid reason, not that there is any good reason for murder, but it will end up being a brainless bunch of stupidity.

Yup, Hernandez kills Lloyd because Lloyd said something to people that Hernandez did not like......

Words escape me now..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I loved AH's play...but he is responsible for this dark side of his life - not Kraft or BB...in fact they gave him every incentive to stay clean....we all have to make choices in our lives - he made a stupid one for whatever reason - he and only he should be blamed for this choice...and Im not a huge fan of this whole Patriot Way propaganda nonsense...

As always - 100% correct!

Sections
Shortcuts