herzlich

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

herzlich

his stock is continuing to drop since his slow 40 time. he's showing up more and more as a 5th or 6th round pick according to some of the "experts". but he's a guy that i really hope we take a chance on. the obvious reasons are...obvious. but i also keep thinking about what peter gammons said about jon lester after game four of the 07 world series. he was talking about how as good as lester was, he was still just a year removed from cancer and it was going to take another year for his strength to be fully returned. in 07 lester was throwing 92-93, and sure enough in 08 his fastball was steadily at 95-96. i see the same sort of thing happening for herzlich and i really believe he is going to be a hell of a 3-4 linebacker. he's got the size, smarts and athletic ability. to me he's got mike vrabel written all over him. if we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round i would be very happy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: herzlich

Different type of player than Vrabel skill set wise, but has the intelligence and intangibles that you love.  I'm not buying the Rd 5-6 either and agree that the 3-4 range would be ideal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think he could be a "buy" down there. While I wonder if he is an NFL player, I would certainly take a chance in the lower rounds. He has a lot of character, and while he isn't a monster athlete, he is physical.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: herzlich:
    Different type of player than Vrabel skill set wise, but has those intelligence and intangibles that you love.  I'm not buying the Rd 5-6 either and agree that the 3-4 range would be ideal.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

THIS. 

His desire and feel for the game DURING actually gameplay itself, is unparralleled. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I think he could be a "buy" down there. While I wonder if he is an NFL player, I would certainly take a chance in the lower rounds. He has a lot of character, and while he isn't a monster athlete, he is physical.
    Posted by zbellino

Not true before his sickness he was a beast. And I think he will be again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yeah i think you guys are underrating his natural athleticism. before he got sick he was considered a 1st round pick. i think he will show that ability again in another year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Would love if NE grabbed him in the mid rounds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If he's somehow still on the board in the 4th I think you take him but imo a team in desperate need of leadership/talent and can assume the risk that he's going to come back to full strength will grab him in the 3rd. The reason I'd take him in the 4th rather then the 3rd is simply because of the inherent risk that he might not come back to full strength. For every great story of a player recovering and returning to form there are 10 more that don't. Personally I hope he comes out and becomes a star in the league but you can't win on hope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So I take it you wanted the pats to cut Tedy Bruschi after his stroke then?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Big difference between a leader already in the locker room who is a proven player in the league and a prospect who hasn't played in the league yet. Herzlich's story is amazing but you have to realize there is a risk that he might never return to his 1st round grade form. It might sound cold hearted but if you draft every heroic come back story in the draft you aren't going to have a good team for long.

That is unless you didn't want the Pats to cut McKenzie that is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

take him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBREINGSAGAIN. Show BBREINGSAGAIN's posts

So I take it you wanted the pats to cut Tedy Bruschi after his stroke then?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

What a mistake that would have been to cut Teddy Brewski, I mean he was already cut in the operating room.
    It takes more to be a locker room leader than just walking around in a towel, trust me I know!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StompersLover. Show StompersLover's posts

Stomper and I stroke ourselves to Brewski with his mini cart lube!  Stomper is 50 years old and even fatter than me!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vaccumcleanerofjustice. Show vaccumcleanerofjustice's posts

Stomper and I stroke ourselves to Brewski with his mini cart lube!  Stomper is 50 years old and even fatter than me!
    Posted by StompersLover
    I am seriously going to keel over on this stuff.The most important thing I have noticed is never lube youself without a good grasp of physics and a plastic cover on all exposed areas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StompersLover. Show StompersLover's posts

In Response to Re: herzlich : I am seriously going to keel over on this stuff.The most important thing I have noticed is never lube youself without a good grasp of physics and a plastic cover on all exposed areas.
    Posted by vaccumcleanerofjustice

You said it!

I'll tell ya!  When I keel over just from trying to stand up from the couch, buck naked after my morning video game regimen in the basement, Stomperdoo drops his pet cat and he comes-a-runnin for some lovin'! I make quite a target in that position for Stomper.

When he says "prepare your an*s", he means it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Alrighty here, the only new guy of the 3 worth readin' is:  vacuumcleanerofjustice.  Sheez StompersLover and BBREIGNSAGAIN, can'tcha 2 keep your love-hate squables between your first 2 screennames?  

apologies to Mark Herzlich...the man doesn't deserve this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

6th rounder, tops

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Always be alert to guys who underperform at the combine.  Maybe they had a groin pull that week and they won't be slow next September. 

A prototype underperformer at the Combine:  Brandon Spikes.  The guy came with other issues but tackling and playing speed weren't his issues.  Spikes ran about a 4.7 40 at the combine and everyone said P.U.  He's averaging 5 tackles a game.

Having said all that, I don't like the guy that much.  Barely adequate arm length, no explosion, durability concerns.  He might be healthy now but with cancer you're playing the odds, so don't over-invest.  I'd be glad to hire him as a marketing director but I'd be cautious hiring him as an NFL linebacker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

sorry Meg but I'm going to have to agree with Killa. This kid was on track to be a top 15 prospect before the cancer. Now he might return to that form he might not but he's a 4th to early 5th chance at worst. I think someone will take a chance on him late 3rd early 4th and it could pay off

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i hope we are that someone that takes a chance on him, he is a stud and would probably be a 1st round pick if not for his cancer. He is a stud and if he recovers to the player he was a few years ago he could be a steal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

We'll see, just relaying what the mocks are saying, not that that means a whole lot. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Say we draft him, and he does get that strength back and starts to push Spikes for the starting job. What do the Pats do? I mean thats a good problem to have but neither Spikes or Herzlich can play on the outside so who gets cut? Who gets traded? Thats where my issue is, I want to grab this kid but at the same time I like Spikes and Mayo but you can never have enough good players.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I think you keep both Herzlich and Spikes and have a rotation. If you have 2 starting caliber ILB switching off they stay fresh all game and are more affective long term

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

60maxpowero.com - Patriots Coverage

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

60 Max Power O

Sections
Shortcuts