herzlich

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Re: herzlich

I reli dont see where he fits , can he play olb probs but dont compare him to vrabel who was an all american de in college and a sack master (40 sacks). He could play ilb but with mayo spikes and fletcher who i think could be very solid is there that much of a need.?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

He will not be drafted at all.  Free agent who may or may not make a team.  Has a total of 5 sacks at BC!

He is a great story and I would love to see him cash in... But it doesn't look likely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I like him, however if I am grabbing a medical risk it would be Romeus first

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

60 Max!!! All Patriots All the time

The new all Patriots site..check it out!!!!

60 Max Power O - Your source to NE football - You'll 

leave smarter

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

In Response to Re: herzlich:
    He will not be drafted at all.  Free agent who may or may not make a team.  Has a total of 5 sacks at BC! He is a great story and I would love to see him cash in... But it doesn't look likely.
    Posted by mar10

Are you insane?  BC runs a 4-3 Cover-3 base.  HTF would an ILB tally sacks?  Yeesh.

Herlizch had awesome production over his career, and if he is trending back towards the palyer we saw in 2008 he would be an incredible deal in the 4th round:

Season Team   TOT SOL AST TFL SK FF INT BK TD
        314 218 96 31½ 5 7 12 0 2
    2006 Boston College   42 32 10 5 1 1 1 0 0
    2007 Boston College   97 55 42 12 2 1 0 0
    2008 Boston College   110 81 29 11 2 6 0 2
    2010 Boston College   65 50 15 0 2 4 0 0

Mark me words: this kid is a baller, and will make an impact in the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

if the kid stays healthy, he will be a very good 3-4 OLB. he just will. i'm not concerned about the combine times, it takes a full two years to get the strength and speed back after chemo (as we have seen from other athletes like jon lester). he has all the measurables and all the unmeasurables. i would love to snag him with one of those 4th round picks, which is probably where he should go. if he slips further and we get him in a later round, even better. but he will be a steal in this draft i really believe that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: herzlich : Are you insane?  BC runs a 4-3 Cover-3 base.  HTF would an ILB tally sacks?  Yeesh. Herlizch had awesome production over his career, and if he is trending back towards the palyer we saw in 2008 he would be an incredible deal in the 4th round: Season Team   TOT SOL AST TFL SK FF INT BK TD     314 218 96 31½ 5 7 12 0 2 2006 Boston College   42 32 10 5 1 1 1 0 0 2007 Boston College   97 55 42 12 1½ 2 1 0 0 2008 Boston College   110 81 29 11 2½ 2 6 0 2 2010 Boston College   65 50 15 3½ 0 2 4 0 0                         Mark me words: this kid is a baller, and will make an impact in the NFL.
    Posted by USMCM1A1

God Bless you USMCM1!  Last week, I spent an hour on various BC web-sites and ACC sites, just trying to figure out BC's base Defensive scheme...and came up with zilcho. 

THIS outta the way, the cool thing about Herzlich...?  This guy packs on only about 5 or 10 lbs more to his 6'4 frame...and he's NE's SOLB fit for a decade.  And the cool thing about him?  He's got a complete game:  This means, NO big flaws, in lieu of some 1 single other super-trait...  This means, as Herzlich is learning and getting bigger, stronger, faster, and healthier...He CAN sub in ANY-where at the 4 LB spots=ANY of them (not many people who can do this, ya know).  And even Though, Herzlich when he gets his total game back (and he Will), and can secure Vrabel's SOLB spot for 8 rock-steady years, again-Herzlich CAN be anywhere:  Ya know...?  The word "Versatility" (probably 1 of Belichick's FAVORITE words)...BB does NOT like setting his D's (or the offense either)- up on what HIS players can do, and can ONLY do (best)...Bill Belichick wants his players to be TOTALLY versatile, so he can set his players around His Defense's themselves...not vice-versa (I've talked about this:  Doing it this way (versatile players around defenses, NOT defensive looks subject to his own players limited singular skill-set <no matter how good />...THIS way, you are malleable to attack and exploit Your Opponent's Biggest Weakness(es), and not your opponent attacking your own player's, and thus limited-defensive-scheme limitations)...

Herzlich in Round 2...trust me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Laz, BC runs a base 3-4 Cover 3, Fire-Zone blitz when they blitz.  Their main sub package for passing downs is a 3-5-3 8-man drop zone scheme.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

round 2 is a little early if you ask me. i would take the chance on him in the 3rd/4th but not sooner than that. although i do think he is one of this years diamonds in the rough.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Re: herzlich : Are you insane?  BC runs a 4-3 Cover-3 base.  HTF would an ILB tally sacks?  Yeesh. Herlizch had awesome production over his career, and if he is trending back towards the palyer we saw in 2008 he would be an incredible deal in the 4th round: Season Team   TOT SOL AST TFL SK FF INT BK TD     314 218 96 31½ 5 7 12 0 2 2006 Boston College   42 32 10 5 1 1 1 0 0 2007 Boston College   97 55 42 12 1½ 2 1 0 0 2008 Boston College   110 81 29 11 2½ 2 6 0 2 2010 Boston College   65 50 15 3½ 0 2 4 0 0                         Mark me words: this kid is a baller, and will make an impact in the NFL.
    Posted by USMCM1A1

Pretty big damn IF there, bra!  I like his story and passion but he ain't near what he was.  If he is still around in 5th round I hope the Pats give him a shot, but not before.  Too many faster and healthier players out there - know what I'm sayin?  BB is not sentimental about hard-luck stories, BC or other local kids.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

he'll be available late in the draft but should be a contributor. same with Jeremy Beal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to herzlich:
    his stock is continuing to drop since his slow 40 time. he's showing up more and more as a 5th or 6th round pick according to some of the "experts". Posted by artielang

so pick him up then, BB can coach him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I think the guy has all those intangibles we hear about in addition to God given talent...sure he's not what he once was but well on his way & all those intangibles will only help him get there faster....I'd love to see this guy as a Patriot for years to come....I could see him going in round 3 & I hope we can get him with our pick late in round 3....just got a good feeling about this guy....TONS of upside!!!!

No matter where he lands I wish him nothing but the best & a long life/career!!

Sections
Shortcuts