He's Back! Welcome home Deion Branch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's Back! Welcome home Deion Branch

Stallworth gave us one shining moment 63 yards of happiness! Next up for his shining moment will be Deion Branch.... 49ers better prepare themselves it will be Branch all night in Foxboro this Sunday evening.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: He's Back! Welcome home Deion Branch

Cool... Maybe he outduels moss in the oldtimers competition...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sd071. Show sd071's posts

I like Branch, but Stallworth is a better option at this point.  Unfortunate he's on IR now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Deion Branch is the Vinny Testaverde of wide receivers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Hey I love Dieone Branch! He is a class act and always in the right place at the right time! He might not have the wheels he used to have, but I firmly believe he will help us going forward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Did he ever pull a Troy Brown? (Play D)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like Branch, this team is about moving the chains and that's what Branch does.  I don't think Stallworth has the speed to be a legit deep threat, I think Lloyd is more of one then Stallworth.  So we still have Lloyd as a deep threat, Branch to move the chains.  Still wish we had Moss or someone who would be a legit deep threat.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Going back about 8 seasons, this team won 3 SBs without an "A-list" deep threat. 

Last year they put up an insane amount of yards/points without a deep threat AND less of a running game.

I think they'll be fine with Branch on short routes and slants.  Maybe they'll design a play for Slater if they need to go for it, same as they did with Stallworth.

I disagree with comments of not having deep threat.  SB last season was lost without a deep threat.  Football is a lot different then 8 seasons and 3 SB's ago. Playoffs in 2010 was lost due to not having a deep threat.  The threat of a deep threat spreads the defense out which opens up the short/mid game and the run game.  With no deep threat the defense plays a short to mid field and covers everything.  Jets playoff game in 2010 proved this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Hey I love Dieone Branch! He is a class act and always in the right place at the right time! He might not have the wheels he used to have, but I firmly believe he will help us going forward.

Pretty much sums up my view.  Sure hands, good locker room guy, excellent route runner, Brady trusts him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Going back about 8 seasons, this team won 3 SBs without an "A-list" deep threat. 

Last year they put up an insane amount of yards/points without a deep threat AND less of a running game.

I think they'll be fine with Branch on short routes and slants.  Maybe they'll design a play for Slater if they need to go for it, same as they did with Stallworth.

I disagree with comments of not having deep threat.  SB last season was lost without a deep threat.  Football is a lot different then 8 seasons and 3 SB's ago. Playoffs in 2010 was lost due to not having a deep threat.  The threat of a deep threat spreads the defense out which opens up the short/mid game and the run game.  With no deep threat the defense plays a short to mid field and covers everything.  Jets playoff game in 2010 proved this.

see my thread about bb putting a claim on wr just released

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Branch has not really had an impact for a couple of years now. Boooo.

Would rather see someone else.  Loyalty is fine, branch's familiarity w/ the system is fine, performance and execution simply no longer there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

pats have been splitting Vareen wide and he could be a deep threat that gets LB coverage which he should beat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm going to have to disagree. It was lost because we had no running game and the Giants flooded the center of the field. Having a deep threat didn't help in 07' and the 07' and 11' SB's were eriely similar don't you agree?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Pretty much sums up my view.  Sure hands, good locker room guy, excellent route runner, Brady trusts him.

He wasn't so sure handed in the Super Bowl.   I just hope he can get open. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

D/B plenty serviceable enuf  going down the stretch, knows the offense and QB12 along with BB and McDaniels are probably all in accord...Gotta believe that chemistry counts for a lot right about now too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We went from an emergency backup who made a spectacular one handed catch and run for like a 50 yard TD to the last guy on the list who my Grandmother can blanket cover. Welcome Mediocrity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The idea that you need a "deep threat" is imaginary, we won three Super Bowls with Troy Brown, Branch and David Givens as our lead WR's.  In the NFL everybody is fast.  Deep balls happen because defenders bite on play action, they lose people in coverage not because the WR is that much faster than the defensive back.

Don't get me wrong it would be a boon to have another Randy Moss at 6'4" and blazing speed but those are rare...  we lost the last Super Bowl because offensively we were a finesse team and got punched in the face.  That being said Stallworth is one of the faster guys in the NFL.

Branch can still get open, in the slot he's still a threat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Branch sucks. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

we lost the last Super Bowl because offensively we were a finesse team and got punched in the face.  That being said Stallworth is one of the faster guys in the NFL.

Or maybe it was only having the ball for 20 minutes of a 60 minute game?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

we lost the last Super Bowl because offensively we were a finesse team and got punched in the face.  That being said Stallworth is one of the faster guys in the NFL.

Well maybe we shouldn't have given the ball back to them twice and spotted them 2 points?

Oh and 49Patriot's it's OK that Branch sucks because all of our players suck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Deion Branch is the Vinny Testaverde of wide receivers.

he's about what-48?

That is about his time in the 100 yard dash these days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

Well maybe we shouldn't have given the ball back to them twice and spotted them 2 points?

Oh and 49Patriot's it's OK that Branch sucks because all of our players suck.

Maybe our D should have gotten an actual turnover and not collapsed yet again when it counted to lose another Lombardi.

What you talkin' 'bout? None of our players suck. All 53 are future Hall of Famers, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Better yet, maybe we shouldn't have had a 12 men penalty on the D that gave 7 points in a SB?

Sections
Shortcuts